922 replies to this topic

#31 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,529 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:41 AM

There's a lot of stuff out there that sounds like it came from the intro to Bloody Tears (With Passion actually purposely uses the "verse" melody in one of their songs, and something from FF4 I believe on their new one, or so reports say), and there's an Old Man's Child song on Ill Natured Spiritual Invasion that is note for note from DW4... Misterpunch used to bring it up all the time.

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#32 corey hart

corey hart

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:21 AM

that "cheap sunglasses" song with the howling in the back sounds like the wolfs from friday the 13th.

#33 corey hart

corey hart

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:18 AM

Neon Tigers theme from MMX3 and Guns N' Roses' "My Michelle".

do you have a mp3 of that?

I just made one. It goes from the SNES version to the Playstation version to the GNR version. http://www.kylejcrb....ed_Michelle.mp3

They're all pretty much identical, so I don't think it's coincidence. Especially considering the use of the Guns N' Roses band members' names for Mavericks in MMX5.

lol thanks. thats badass.

#34 Kirby Pufocia

Kirby Pufocia

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:42 AM

The intro to Symphony X's "Communion and the Oracle" sounds a lot like the Shrine Island theme in Skies of Arcadia (it's played elsewhere, but that's the first place). The part just before the first chorus theme (without vocals) sounds like a slowed-down version of Crystal Snail's level (MMX2). The bassline in the first verse sounds like the Hellhound's room in Shadowgate.

And the piano breakdown in Rediscovery part 2 (The New Mythology) reeks of Chrono Trigger.

EDIT: Oh, oh! Vomitron's Contra sounds almost exactly like that old NES game. Shit, what was the name of it?

#35 Guest_J Paragon S_*

Guest_J Paragon S_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:17 PM

The end of the first verse in Katatonia's "I Transpire" sounds very much like part of the overworld music from FF4.

#36 Ashane

Ashane

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,160 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:32 PM

I just made one. It goes from the SNES version to the Playstation version to the GNR version. http://www.kylejcrb....ed_Michelle.mp3

They're all pretty much identical, so I don't think it's coincidence. Especially considering the use of the Guns N' Roses band members' names for Mavericks in MMX5.

Haha. That's great.

#37 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,187 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:48 PM

Noone's mentioned the one I always think of.
The first TMNT game's opening theme and Queen's Stone Cold Crazy.
It''s not note for note, but the similarity is there.

#38 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,595 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:09 PM

Inferno by extol, there's a bit in it that really sounds like generic music from any 8 or 16 bit RPG

Extol rocks hard.

Still not sure if they are christian or not.

They are most definately christian, or at least they were writing christian lyrics up to 2000, latest album of theirs I have you see.

Anyone think of music in games that sounds like real music?
You know, such as all that music in doom?

#39 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:30 PM

I wonder if bands who are fan of video games do that on purpose, that is if they came out after the game is released. I know that some developers and musicians are fans of many bands and so add it in as a tribute. Though I wonder how much of the sound alikes are coincidences and are intentional.

#40 russjman

russjman

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:28 PM

Anyone think of music in games that sounds like real music?
You know, such as all that music in doom?

Didn't one of the Quake's have Trent Reznor's hand in it.

On top of that i heard(somewhere) that Linkin Park were influenced, or used game riffs or something......

#41 Guest_zmetallica_*

Guest_zmetallica_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:19 PM

this local band called Ash & Elm have a song called Visions From the Past and it sounds similar to CV:SotN at :19 then it goes into a Metallica - No Remorse sorta riff.
and in their song Enter Existence they have a riff that sounds similar to terra's theme half way through the song at 4:50.

and if anyone listens to with passion they got a bunch of VG melodies in their tunes. including bloody tears and terra's theme.

www.withpassionmetal.com
www.myspace.com/withpassion

#42 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,595 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:23 PM

I just remembered a really kick ass one.

The soundtrack for interstate 76,
which is so awesome and funktacular it's worth buying the game purely for the music, (I got it for 9$canadian, 2 disks!!)
apparently there is an OST of it availabe as well.

This arion salazar mofo is so talented he did the compostion, keys and bass.

"Arion also played in a session's band called Bullmark. While in Bullmark Arion composed the soundtrack for Activissions Interstate 76 in which vintage recording equiptment and instruments were used to capture the original 70's funk sound. Members of Bullmark included Brian (of Primus), Tom Coaster (from Santana), Jon Bendich, Louis Fasman, Les Harris, and Dave Schul (Les and Dave both play in Curveball)."

edit: adding a link for those less in the know or something, link

#43 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:41 PM

Machinae Supremacy's song "Flagcarrier" (off of their Deus Ex Machinae album) has a small tribute to Terra's theme from FF6 in it.
VGM Webcasts: Nitro Game Injection on Sundays, 5PM ET & GameFuel on Saturdays, 9PM ET
Listen on Arecibo Radio | Website | iTunes

#44 Emptyeye

Emptyeye

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:43 PM

MAJOR FUCKING KS.

I seriously wanna just record myself doing the Axl Rose Falsetto ™ of the first verse of that song to the Neon Tiger theme now. R0x.

#45 Ashane

Ashane

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,160 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:51 PM

There's always the "Ys 4: Mask of the Sun - Eldeel" and "Yngwie Malmsteen - Far Beyond the Sun" comparison.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users