Photo

The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

2003 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Andy-San_*

Guest_Andy-San_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:01 PM

Ultimate Warrior's Response

This is Ultimate Warrior's response to an invitation to appear on WWE's Byte This! internet show. It also covers how Warrior feels about the DVD "The Self-Destruction of Ultimate Warrior" and some of the higher-ups in WWE.

Also, me and my stepdad were arguing about Ultimate Warrior. He says that the Ultimate Warrior who got really popular in the WWF was actually the 2nd Ultimate Warrior. Jim Hellwig, now legally known as Warrior, supposedly "replaced" the original Ultimate Warrior after his death from drug abuse, namely the 'roids. I believe that there was only one Ultimate Warrior and that he's still alive and well, as his website proves. What do you guys think?

#17 Akumu

Akumu

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:05 PM

he was Dingo Warrior before WWE, i never heard of a prior Ultimate Warrior

all this recent UW stuff is just bullshit anyway, both parties make me embarrassed

ZbtmVjy.jpg

#18 Guest_Andy-San_*

Guest_Andy-San_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:20 PM

he was Dingo Warrior before WWE, i never heard of a prior Ultimate Warrior

all this recent UW stuff is just bullshit anyway, both parties make me embarrassed

Yes, I heard of his pre-WWF character Dingo Warrior. He also was a tag-team with Sting if I remember correctly (he wasn't known as Sting back then, though).

I also agree with the UW DVD being complete and utter BS. However, I'm more in favor of UW than you are. After reading his response, I have the same feeling that I had when I read Mick Foley's 1st book; that pro wrestling goes much deeper than what's shown on TV and posted on the net; The line between real and fake is blurred, and it gets harder and harder to tell the difference everyday.

#19 Akumu

Akumu

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:21 PM

i feel you are taking it way to serious and just want to sound like a smart mark

ZbtmVjy.jpg

#20 Guest_Andy-San_*

Guest_Andy-San_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:44 PM

i feel you are taking it way to serious and just want to sound like a smart mark

Well, pro wrestling is like any business; you've got the brownnosers (Triple H anyone?), the "I only do my job and go home" worker (Chris Jericho as of late), and the "You may not be on my good side, but you have a respectable work ethic" workers (Batista and John Cena).

I became absorbed in pro-wrestling the business after reading Mick Foley's books. It opened my eyes to what goes on behind the curtain as well as outside the ring.

I'm not gonna press my beliefs upon you; I feel that we should all believe what we wanna believe.

I think that you're the first person to say a wrestling term to me. I'm glad there are still wrestling fans out there, despite WWE's current weak product. I think that they should do something new.

Also, use the women for more than just T&A. Some women can actually wrestle. And they're still hot, Vince! The Diva Search is/was/will be a joke because Vince doesn't give a rat's ass about women character development. He just wants to cheaply find "talent" while consuming as much time on Raw as possible. Wrestling? What's that? Let's put a buncha big-breasted bimbos (I like to touch them, by the way) in a heap of meaningless segments trying to advertise themselves in hopes to get a contract when if you have the "right stuff", you can still get in if you don't win anyway (Maria and Candace anyone?).

Does anyone else have any hangups with the current wrestling scene?

#21 Zio Oxview

Zio Oxview

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:54 PM

J-B-L! J-B-L!

Anyway...

Does anyone else have any hangups with the current wrestling scene?

Smarks like you.
OAGt5mr.jpg

#22 Akumu

Akumu

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:02 PM

WWE is "weak" because of stupid internet marks who just has to know everything about the wrestling business, inside and outside, it's still the good product they always got, only reduced because of fans claiming they know everything and making people boo because of personal issues or what nots

ZbtmVjy.jpg

#23 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 9,173 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:26 PM

akumu is correct. the was only one ultimate warrior. jim hellwig, who was the dingo warrior in old wcw, became the ulitmate warrior that we all knew.

read the ultimate warrior's first reaction to the fact that vince mcmahon wanted to release a DVD about his WWF career. when hellwig was a dick about it, they changed flavors to tell a different story. hellwig wrote about it later on saying that the whole thing had to be a bluff and he called mcmahon's hand.

it wasn't a bluff.

in actuality. i don't really care. i just think that it's rather silly that hellwig legally changed his name to 'warrior' and is still ranting like a complete idiot.

of course, referring to wwe staff as queers and parapalegics as cripples, he's not making any friends.

and his response rant is the biggest load of self-absorbed 12-year-old crap i've ever had the misfortune of reading.

-= george =-

norgstoof.jpg  charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif
SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK

never gtyrst a bigg btut and a smiel
that irl is POUISONNNNNNNN
-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

#24 jvincion

jvincion

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 8,701 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:13 AM

and his response rant is the biggest load of self-absorbed 12-year-old crap i've ever had the misfortune of reading.

Really? Because I got a kick out of it, mainly due to the fact that someone his age could act so puerile. His points about Vince and HHH could have been construed as being more valid without such voluminous amounts of browbeating and namecalling. He also shot himself in the foot for wishing death on a cancer survivor and mocking someone who was paralyzed in the ring.

Eh, but what are you gonna do? He's an uber-right wing conservative. *shrug*

#25 Gurthang

Gurthang

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 05:04 AM

i just think that it's rather silly that hellwig legally changed his name to 'warrior' and is still ranting like a complete idiot.

Not only that, but his wife and kids last name is now legally "Warrior". Which if I was a kid that would be pretty awesome...unless people knew who my dad was...

Also, whoever said something about him and Sting as a team, they were called the Blade Runners and I think they were known as Blade Runner Rock (Warrior) and Blade Runner Flash (Sting)

#26 Guest_Andy-San_*

Guest_Andy-San_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:08 AM

WWE is "weak" because of stupid internet marks who just has to know everything about the wrestling business, inside and outside, it's still the good product they always got, only reduced because of fans claiming they know everything and making people boo because of personal issues or what nots

If what you are saying is the truth, then explain to me why the ECW PPV did so well.

I like WWE, I always have. That is why I said the things I did; so they can improve their product. And also, I would like to see some other wrestling company on cable do their thing and compare them to WWE. You see, right now, WWE is like Microsoft; They may or may not be right, but they're the only ones around. I miss my WCW Thunder. Maybe they didn't show the top superstars, but the ones that were on there had some talent.

#27 jvincion

jvincion

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 8,701 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:24 AM

And also, I would like to see some other wrestling company on cable do their thing and compare them to WWE.

TNA Wrestling is on Spike TV on Saturday nights at 11 PM/10 PM (for you Central time folks). It just started up last night, but I'm not sure if they're ready to be put on a level near WWE. Their X Division is exciting, but very choreographed, and their regular wrestlers are mostly WWE castoffs or WCW/ECW guys. It's not bad as an alternative, but it's no WWE Raw or SmackDown! or ECW on TNN for that matter. Hopefully, it'll get better with time.

#28 Zio Oxview

Zio Oxview

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:33 AM

That is why I said the things I did; so they can improve their product.

Say it to Vincent Kennedy McMahon, you'll just get laughed out the building.

Btw, they're not going to improve their product just 'cause you said something on an internet forum.
OAGt5mr.jpg

#29 QUICKSHOT

QUICKSHOT

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 10:48 AM

oh wow wow wow. a picture off a minibossie with matsunaga was the last thing i thought i would see when clicking on this thread. AMAZING! tell me about your experience with him

#30 Guest_WING Matsunaga_*

Guest_WING Matsunaga_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:38 PM

well. when i first walked into his steak resturant i was greeted by him from behind the counter. he said "Hey Tommy!" actually he already knew my name because my friend told him about me. he was pretty busy then so i didnt talk to him just yet.
i had a killer 1 LB steak with mashed potatoes, cream corn soup, a bowl of rice, and a mug of beer for 2000 yen. not sure if youve seen the setup of the Mr. Danger Steak, but it's kinda like a mini TGI Fridays, but with all deathmatch memorabilia. there are barbed wire bats, masks, the W*ING champion belt, photos from famous matches etc.
after eating, matsunaga wasnt as busy so he came around to talk to me. i pretty much just told him i really enjoyed his deathmatches and it was nice to finally meet him and such.
He and my friend talked about the death of Shinya Hashimoto, who died that same day. sad.
i took a few pics with him in the resturant and outside. we said our goodbyes and he gave me and my friends free Mr. Danger Saikyo Project bandanas.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users