11636 replies to this topic

#11581 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,726 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:40 PM

plz delete, im plugging up the page with consecutive posts.

Edited by armor, 02 May 2019 - 11:42 PM.

startrekanimated_zpsolyb2v0x.gif

#11582 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

Finally caught the begging of an Endgame stream on Vaughn Live, I was satisfied although new Hulk just looks weird to my eyes. Bring on Far From Home!

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#11583 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,123 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:58 PM

Holy crap, the new Lion King looks really good.  It seems like it'll be like, pretttty close to just shot-for-shot?

What's with the all-star voice cast though...is there really not a better use for those millions of dollars?  They couldn't think of...anything...better to spend that on?  :/

#11584 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:11 AM

donald-seth-chiwetelalfre-a-billy-john-j

#11585 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 13,051 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:28 AM

Watched The 5th Element for the 100000th time this weekend. Great flick, aside from when Corbin tries to get a kiss from a passed out woman :angry:

toopunk2lose.png

#11586 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,163 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:57 AM

the new spiderman trailer with endgame spoilers makes me a whole lot more interested

sgy5Biv.gif

#11587 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:12 PM

I saw The Movie. I have feels. I laughed, I wept, but mostly, I am still shaking with adrenaline.

#11588 exitlava

exitlava

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:52 PM

I've seen maybe.... 10% of the MCU series and watched Endgame last night. I don't consider myself a superhero movie fan, but this was pretty easy to piece together with what I have seen and it left me a little wrecked. 

I saw The Movie. I have feels. I laughed, I wept, but mostly, I am still shaking with adrenaline.

dead.

donald-seth-chiwetelalfre-a-billy-john-j

#11589 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:58 AM

rented Mortal Engines on google then forgot to watch it oops

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#11590 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,374 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:00 PM

Checked out The Wandering Earth last night. Vaguely recommended (in Mandarin with subtitles, tried but couldn't handle the dub) if you are into 2-hour long sci-fi video game cut scenes (not necessarily saying that as a slight but that's what it felt like). I would have liked it more if my suspension of disbelief weren't disrupted by one of the basic premises, which is (this isn't really a spoiler because it's the very beginning of the movie but)
Spoiler

#11591 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,496 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:20 PM

we went to see BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA on a 35mm print last night. i have not seen it since it came out on vhs, so probably about 32 years.

its way, way stupider than i remember. normally i like bad movies but this was kinda in a weird middle ground where i was just not amused. i am very aware that i am probably alone in this

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#11592 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:52 PM

I just rewatched it within the last couple of years because the wife had never seen it. Kim Cattrall was lousy in it, but otherwise we loved it.

#11593 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,374 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:50 PM

we went to see BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA on a 35mm print last night. i have not seen it since it came out on vhs, so probably about 32 years.

its way, way stupider than i remember. normally i like bad movies but this was kinda in a weird middle ground where i was just not amused. i am very aware that i am probably alone in this

I watched it with an early 20s-something friend a couple of years ago. He had never seen it and his only real takeaway was, and I do quote: "man...the 80s were crazy racist."

#11594 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,610 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:11 PM

Man I love that movie. Just remember that Jack Burton thinks he's the hero, but he's really the sidekick. It's pretty 80s tho.

Looking forward to It Chapter 2 - first one was fairly scary.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#11595 trunkspace

trunkspace

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:50 PM

I watched Spiderverse last night via the library. 
I can see why everyone was so hype about it, it is visually one of the most impressive things I've ever seen in film. 

Story-wise, it was a bit weak. I think the story suffered from the minor spider characters, I thought they were all fun and entertaining and yes the point of the movie, but because there was a lot going on, the emotional beats felt crammed in and didn't have time to breathe and impact me the way they should have. The minor characters were underserved because of this, and so was Miles story a bit.

I also think it's interesting that this movie, and Homecoming, kind of change the core Spiderman idea from "Great Power -> Great Responsibility" to essentially, "You have to live up to the ideas of the suite, that's what makes you Spiderman" which doesn't work if it doesn't use the Spiderman Mission Statement.

I do think the Prowler angle was well worked and executed. Showing Miles' dad's pain helped a lot.

Anyway, it was a good watch, and I will probably watch it again before returning it.

tumblr_orpvu9EXCX1uzae1ko1_500.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users