#11762 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:09 AM

^lol plz elaborate

Also if you haven't seen Flight of the Navigator as an adult, do yourself a favor and indulge in a seriously underrated 80s gem. It's only a goofy kids movie for about 20 minutes; the rest of it (including the ending) is like a pretty great Black Mirror episode. 

#11763 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,119 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:25 AM

heart wrenching and painful

anyone have suggestions for more like room?

sgy5Biv.gif

#11764 evilsonic

evilsonic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:17 AM

heart wrenching and painful

anyone have suggestions for more like room?

That’s a tall order. I can’t promise these are similar in the way you’re looking for, but they combine beautiful film, harrowing injustice, but also a message of hope in a way that reminds me of Room... If Beale Street Could Talk, Moonlight, Schindler’s List, and 12 Years a Slave. You know... real bummers.
Remember... No matter where you go... there you are.
-Buckaroo Banzai Adventures Across the Eighth Dimension

Posted Image

#11765 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,565 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:32 PM

I'm actually looking forward to watching Alita since they tweaked the big eyes to not be as creepy. I doubt it'll have the depth of the manga but it should be a pretty visually spectacular action movie. Looks like it stays true enough to be a fun ride.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#11766 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:49 PM

still creepy

#11767 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:40 PM

As someone who loved the original Alita books when I heard that Cameron, who loved the books, was off and Rodriguez was going to base it on the anime...I just gave up all hope.  Googly eyes just confirmed my doubts.  I'm gonna go see it but jesus christ am I not looking forward to it.

The original Alita works are without a doubt the best books I've ever read though.  Highly recommended, if anyone is so inclined.

Pimps don't commit suicide

#11768 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:56 AM

Never read Alita, but saw the anime, i'm interested in the movie. Especially because everyone who saw it, mentioned that the actress to plays Alita does a fantastic job.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://tibone.bandcamp.com

#11769 Shoe

Shoe

Official Shizz Naruto Fanscribe

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:21 AM

Yeah, I think if you go in with the expectation of a good story you'll be sorely disappointed. If you go in expecting a fun action romp, it's supposedly pretty dang good. 

Wizwars, about the bush hogging. Just wet and part my man. Give that bush the Moses treatment and head for the Promised Land.

Whaaaaaaaaat.

#11770 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:40 PM

I read the entire manga seires of Alita. One of the best mangas/comics i've ever read

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#11771 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:14 AM

I read the entire manga seires of Alita. One of the best mangas/comics i've ever read

It sounds weird to say but I love that it's just a real story.  It doesn't have the childishness overflowing in most japanese manga/anime works.  There's no cute flying sidekick pet.  It's just brilliant sci fi about a girl with amnesia struggling to find out who she is and why she can fight in a way no one's ever seen before.  And along the way she changes the world.  It's a beautiful story. 

It's not really about action either because it covers so many deep themes painfully well as her tragic life crashes into different parts of society.  If the movie doesn't preserve any of that, what a huge lost opportunity it will be.

a0cTcio.jpg

Pimps don't commit suicide

#11772 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:12 AM

Just finished watching Laputa Castle in the Sky for the first time ever. Speechless. This is such a masterpiece on every level. I went in with NO idea of what to expect, as I had never read anything about this movie before, and oh man, what a ride it was.

It kind of reminds me of Disney's Pinnochio, as in the movie before it was its studio's breakthrough and was an awesome film on its own right but this second one is where they achieve technical perfection and improve on every aspect.

On to the next Ghibli film!
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#11773 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,119 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:32 AM

i watched hereditary

nice

sgy5Biv.gif

#11774 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,119 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:40 PM

watching annihilation after never seeing a trailer

seems good

it makes me think i should watch more movies instead of watching vine compilations every day.

sgy5Biv.gif

#11775 zyko

zyko

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:21 PM

watched "hunt for the wilderpeople" and i loved it. probably because i also love me some taika waititi but also because quirky odd couple comedy full of not dark laughs about normally dark subjects

Sad Man on a Rock - coming 20idunno!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users