11823 replies to this topic

#11821 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:40 PM

Well it's a horror movie. Call it what you want: uneasiness, tension, scary, etc. Whatever, Get Out has more of that than Us. I don't think I've actually been legitimately scared by any horror movie in decades.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#11822 Juja

Juja

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 08:46 PM

I just thought Get Out was intentionally a joke horror movie, kind of like that movie Krampus that came out a few years ago (with different subject matter, or course) . The cast plays it totally straight, but the whole thing is pretty silly. I like both those movies, by the way.

I'll still see Us even if it isn't as good as Get Out. These days at the movies I'm kind of starved for something good/good enough that isn't a super hero, CGI animation, or Disney live action/CGI remake.

#11823 Smeg

Smeg

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:12 AM

The only levity in Get Out was the TSA agent character. I feel like you watched a different movie.

#11824 Juja

Juja

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:09 PM

I know he was the only actual comic relief character. I wasn't saying it was a parody like the Scary Movie movies. I compared it to Krampus because in that the characters are also acting like the crazy things in the movie are happening to them.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users