4637 replies to this topic

#4636 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:35 PM

First and foremost. I work two jobs one in a  salon where I have my regulars/clients that come see me... I'm also an educator and I teach a Paul Mitchell School that i travel and teach classes for as well as a 5 day a week night class. 

1. I had to write an incident report the other night because i had one student say a bunch of racist things and show a photo of a baby in KKK outfit to another student (who is black) and say "HEY I THINK THIS IS CUTE" and it was super disappointing and awful. 

2. The owner that owns the salon I work in is on some crazy drug binge and is M.I.A at the moment. So, a few of the stylist and myself decided to go ahead and start planning are own nerdy/game-ish/anime/comic themed salon. We spent almost all day/night Monday at my place writing up a business and finacial plan & we are starting to look at spots that we can easily move all our clientele too. I'm pretty stoked and terrified at the same time but I've been in this business for over 10 years and have worked for some insane people... i think I know what I need to do. 

anyways, I can't really talk about this on social media nor do I have too many people word-vomit this out too. So, this feels good to write down.

That's fucking awesome. Not the KKK indoctrinated student, nor the junkie-ass salon owner, but your business plan. Make a playlist of great DoD songs and play that at a reasonable volume in the salon, but also anime theme songs and VG OSTs.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#4637 themonk3y

themonk3y

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:18 PM

Awesome news! I don't know what your contacts are like at your current salon or if it's a free for all but make sure there's no way you can get in trouble for "stealing" all his stylists. The wrong kind of person, especially one on a binge, could try to throw any number of things at you.

PROVE IT ASS BUTT

#4638 LindaLindaLinda

LindaLindaLinda

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:45 PM

That's fucking awesome. Not the KKK indoctrinated student, nor the junkie-ass salon owner, but your business plan. Make a playlist of great DoD songs and play that at a reasonable volume in the salon, but also anime theme songs and VG OSTs.

yeah! At one of my old salons we turned it into a venue at night every once in a while and I would have my friends bands come and play and it drew in a lot of potiential clientele!  It was really fun. So, we want to keep that similar vibe! 

Awesome news! I don't know what your contacts are like at your current salon or if it's a free for all but make sure there's no way you can get in trouble for "stealing" all his stylists. The wrong kind of person, especially one on a binge, could try to throw any number of things at you.

We definitely looked into this and any other possible litigations ! Luckily none of us signed a non compete clause (where you can't work in a certain radius of a salon you decide to leave)... and I use to manage the salon and I luckily have all of our contracts in a folder in my possesion lol. I could just burn those... but my boss is so far gone, I'm not sure if he even knows his left hand- from his right hand. I keep having our marketing person send me some shady emails since there accounts are still linked. He been blowing some of our salon money on call girls and who knows what else through email! So, I'm documenting everything. I'm trying to stall for as much time as possible before we decide to make any moves but man it's a shit show right now! 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users