4783 replies to this topic

#4741 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:35 AM

It's James Hong day. My manager made these creepy James Hong head sticks to walk around with and we also had donuts just as Hong intended.

8HQu9iz.jpg

BANDCAMP - Featuring my newest release, Maiden Voyage a tribute to the Star Ocean games
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#4742 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,187 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:54 PM

I fucked up

sgy5Biv.gif

#4743 angry_polar_bear

angry_polar_bear

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:09 PM

I discovered that unlike my previous job, there is cellphone coverage when in the bathroom. Life changing.

#4744 TETSUOOOO!!!

TETSUOOOO!!!

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:14 AM

First week of working in a call center. Overall, I enjoy the job setting. As for manning the phones and simultaneously working cases, it's crazy. Additionally, I missed 1 week of instruction and 2 weeks of on-the-job training, so I'm feeling a constant dread of being behind. I can't simply say, "I'm not ready to do this," because the time allotted to on-the-job instructors is very limited to begin with. Just gonna have to deal, but I think I'm going to feel fulfilled working there.

#4745 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:25 AM

Every time I think I've settled into a stable job that I don't hate, there comes a point where work slows down and suddenly I have to justify my job. Work culture in this country is so fucked. As soon as there's downtime, workers have to worry about job security and morale goes down the shitter. It's a cycle I feel I can't escape.

Martha Kent original anti baconator

#4746 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,725 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:19 AM

Work culture just needs to die IMO. My ideal scenario is that slowly automation takes over with ongoing advancements in AI, whatever companies have the gall to charge the same prices for goods and services are boycotted, and eventually no one has to work if they don't want to and nothing costs anything.

I know. I'm a lazy sack of shit and dreaming real hard, but there doesn't exist a job that I would enjoy long-term, and there never will exist any such job. I like my co-workers in my shitty retail job, and I love producing, mixing and mastering music, as well as composing, but if I were reliant on it, I'd start to hate that too.

Can capitalism just exit stage left please? Because it's not right.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#4747 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,889 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:21 PM

I wish every other conversation at my work wasn't a political landmine.

banner.png

#4748 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 07:47 AM

I know. I'm a lazy sack of shit and dreaming real hard, but there doesn't exist a job that I would enjoy long-term, and there never will exist any such job. I like my co-workers in my shitty retail job, and I love producing, mixing and mastering music, as well as composing, but if I were reliant on it, I'd start to hate that too.

I always wished I was born rich so I could spend my life making music or videogames.  I think that's why I respect people who do.  It's such a shitty life decision and I wish it didn't have to be that way.

I wish every other conversation at my work wasn't a political landmine.

Or that you could still reasonably disagree with someone and not be demonized.  What the fuck happened to that?  Maybe it never perfectly existed, but it was surely a lot better.

Every time I think I've settled into a stable job that I don't hate, there comes a point where work slows down and suddenly I have to justify my job. Work culture in this country is so fucked. As soon as there's downtime, workers have to worry about job security and morale goes down the shitter. It's a cycle I feel I can't escape.

Try working for the state.  I audit my state now and there's plenty of people who don't even really do their jobs and they still get paid.

Pimps don't commit suicide

#4749 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:20 PM

Man, I really wish that I was allowed to talk about what happened today, because I'm kind of shaken up and so is the rest of the office.  But, client duties and all that.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

#4750 TETSUOOOO!!!

TETSUOOOO!!!

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:20 AM

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been inspired to eventually become an instructor/coach at my job; let's just say my experience has been atrocious with inconsistent guidance/direction with the majority of mine through training. I'm intent with doing a stellar job and, unfortunately as a new hire, I don't know everything (which seems to be pitted against me from some of these instructors). It's incredibly bane, misleading, and a great hindrance to my potential. 

It is nice that some of the aforementioned instructors consider me one of the best recruits in the unit, though. Now where's my tequila!? It's the weekend!

#4751 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:17 AM

I’m pooping to Duck Tales moon.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#4752 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:53 AM

are you singing along?
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#4753 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:11 AM

After being out of a proper job since February, I've finally accepted an offer for a job as a Software Tester. This is right in line with what I was doing before and sounds like there is enough room to grow. The major down side is that this is a severe paycut from my previous jobs. I didn't really make a counter offer because I didn't want to risk losing the offer outright because I absolutely hate driving for Lyft full time. While the pay may be meager, at least it is a steady paycheck with PTO, sick time, and benefits, something that I cannot get with Lyft at all. The general issue on why it took me so long to get a job is that the vast majority of my experience in QA is through manual testing whereas the role has shifted towards automation, which I only have a little bit of experience. I have been teaching myself automation (learning Python and Selenium Webdriver) and now with working regular hours and having steady pay I can be at least a little less stressed about money and focus on that. I start on June 10. So...yay...

#4754 Smeg

Smeg

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:15 AM

I feel ya. Been unemployed for a year and a half, but only actively looking since January. Finally accepted a job doing CAD grunt work for $15/hr x 50+ hrs/wk. The environment is mostly ok but I was taken aback by getting Talked To about tardiness after clocking in 2-3 mins late a couple of times in my first week. The company policy was explained to me, which is that after an initial written warning, employees are sent home for an increasing number of days without pay. It resets after something like 6 mos, but they'll just shitcan ya if you hit a week before then. I'm gonna be real mad if I get turned away after waking up at ohgod:30 and driving ~35 mins to get there, so now I've started waking up at ohgod:15 :(

#4755 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:57 PM

I totally kissed the Sexy Office Girl at work.  I asked her out, and we're going out to dinner tonight.

Also, have I ever mentioned that Claire works in my office part time?

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users