4972 replies to this topic

#4936 brodan

brodan

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:24 PM

my office is closed for this coming week and christmas week. i cant wait to play no mans sky until my eyes bleed

Why the fuck cant I see when I close my eyes?

#4937 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:10 AM

I quit my job on the 31st because I'm probably moving to Baltimore. Have a job interview up in towson right after MAG, so we'll see how that goes.

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png  JIEXWZw.png
PC Game Metal

#4938 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,742 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:47 PM

Oh shi

banner.png

#4939 C.C. Z28

C.C. Z28

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:01 AM

At least you made the accountants happy by quitting on Dec. 31

You will control a battletoad

#4940 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:05 AM

or maybe it was the accountans who made him quit the 31?
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#4941 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

Fuck my boss. He's trying to guilt trip me and others into working long hours. Apparently you have to be an entrepreneur to understand putting in long hours. Fuck that. I worked long, long hours back when I was a game tester. I know about that shit and it's not healthy. Fucker thinks it's a badge of honor to miss out on family events just to work. And then tries to threaten the in house development team. Fuck you. Fire us and go full out source if you're so concerned about results and money.

#4942 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

I am starting to graphiti CLAC IS A FAKE UNION around the workplace. 

Lets see if this gets me fired at some point down the road.

#4943 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

Fuck my boss. He's trying to guilt trip me and others into working long hours. Apparently you have to be an entrepreneur to understand putting in long hours. Fuck that. I worked long, long hours back when I was a game tester. I know about that shit and it's not healthy. Fucker thinks it's a badge of honor to miss out on family events just to work. And then tries to threaten the in house development team. Fuck you. Fire us and go full out source if you're so concerned about results and money.

Set up an anonymous email address and send him this. Do it anonymously because people can get defensive when you challenge their beliefs, and you may not want to end up singled out for challenging their alleged authority.
https://www.entrepre.../article/288359
Studies Show Working Overtime is Basically Pointless.

I find that being over tired makes me screw up more and incur costs in my life that negate my overtime, unless I do my second job as a motorcycle courier which is actually pretty fun to get paid to be biker ninja, I manage to deliver soup and coffee without spilling, fuck overtime in the factory, I'm probably the only motorcycle courier in Western Canada right now (besides the Hells Angels obvs.)

#4944 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

Set up an anonymous email address and send him this. Do it anonymously because people can get defensive when you challenge their beliefs, and you may not want to end up singled out for challenging their alleged authority.
https://www.entrepre.../article/288359
Studies Show Working Overtime is Basically Pointless.

I find that being over tired makes me screw up more and incur costs in my life that negate my overtime, unless I do my second job as a motorcycle courier which is actually pretty fun to get paid to be biker ninja, I manage to deliver soup and coffee without spilling, fuck overtime in the factory, I'm probably the only motorcycle courier in Western Canada right now (besides the Hells Angels obvs.)

I would if the company wasn't so small. I have zero plans on working longer than 40 hours to be honest and I will fight against that.

I completely agree with the article and your sentiment.

#4945 Trohnics!

Trohnics!

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

I quit my job on the 31st because I'm probably moving to Baltimore. Have a job interview up in towson right after MAG, so we'll see how that goes.

Not very coincidentally, me too

Sy3yrKe.png?3

#4946 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:41 AM

So yeah, that interview. Felt good walking out, but then as the week went on I was overthinking it more and more and having a realization like vrnfmpq4dC_108762.jpg

oh no what have i done, im terrible at the computer

But then today I woke up to an email from the HR person asking to talk on the phone, they sent over docs and stuff about job things, then I just got off the phone with them after getting a spoken offer pending background and drug check :D

Jokes on them tho, I am terrible at the computer

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png  JIEXWZw.png
PC Game Metal

#4947 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:44 AM

I'm working at a software development company and I am terrible at the computer too, so no worries.
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#4948 angry_polar_bear

angry_polar_bear

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:42 AM

I handed in my notice yesterday... new adventures incoming. Probably means no more helicopters though :(

#4949 Papahoodwinker

Papahoodwinker

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

I handed in my notice yesterday... new adventures incoming. Probably means no more helicopters though :(

I'm doing the same! I switched jobs for what was seen as one of the golden rings locally for AV/production work, and it turned out to be massive bullshit that even a bump in pay couldn't make worth it. The commute is awful, I see my family less, I'm guilted for not crunching as much as others and it was an ordeal to get time off for my performance at MAGWest despite it being on the books months in advance. Got a better offer to work with former colleagues and do what I want instead of "waiting another five years to see". 

Here's to bigger and bolder adventures my dude

birthdaytheband.bandcamp.com

#4950 JoeMusashi

JoeMusashi

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:41 AM

I always feel terrible at the computer, yet I'm still employed. I had an interview Monday for a new job. I might be a Maryland shizzy soon. I barely even got to be a Philadelphia shizzy.
mercatfat: no, man
circumcision has WAY better aerodynamics

mercatfat: it's like, you're driving an Element
and I'm in an Audi TT

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users