443 replies to this topic

#436 weener

weener

Shizz Gawd

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,947 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:20 AM

Personally, I love the DVD and I had a great time at the show. The few wrong notes don't make much of a difference when you have 10 cute guys in lab coats on the stage.

"This thing is vibrating like a $50 milkshake!"

#437 wizardcombat

wizardcombat

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:41 AM

Fiend Folio.

#438 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

I spied an embarrassing thread on Facebook.com about the origin of video game music bands, and the majority of participants there had never even heard of Jenova Project.

This is like when people forgot about the pyramids for a while!

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#439 Ranger

Ranger

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:13 PM

I still have a copy of the DVD somewhere.  I think they were slightly embarrassed at the performance, but I had a blast.

#440 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:05 PM

I still have the DVD too, and it's not a good performance. Better to remember the show for what it felt like, not what it actually was. :)

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#441 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:50 AM

I think our second show in Phoenix years later was better and the horns kind of threw things off.  They were perfect for Headache though.  That's what happens when you cram months of practice into a week plus (my) stage nerves and shittiness at guitar  :lol:  It WAS a lot of fun at the time.

SHITTY WAS THEN

UAV3t1p.png

matsunami0.png

#442 weener

weener

Shizz Gawd

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,947 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:03 AM

I think, even with whatever flaws it had, that the performance had tons of charm.

"This thing is vibrating like a $50 milkshake!"

#443 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:06 PM

I think our second show in Phoenix years later was better and the horns kind of threw things off.

Honestly, from what I remember of watching the DVD, this is the only thing that brought down the performance. And I don't even know that it was bad horn playing or anything, just that it didn't mesh well at all. Like you said, with not much practice, it would be damned hard to pull it off.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#444 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

the wife is showing me ff7 for the 1st time and this 2010 show was super tight in my memory

http://live.logicind...proj/27feb2010/

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users