1863 replies to this topic

#1861 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,603 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:52 AM

After being lazy about reading this year, I polished off Count Zero by William Gibson earlier in the week. It's set in the same universe as Neuromancer, but chronologically after. It's a fairly satisfying cyberpunk adventure. Not quite as amazing as Neuromancer but a pretty quick read and I like how Gibson wrapped things up. Fun to revisit the world as well.

Working through a 'best of science fiction' compilation now.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#1862 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:59 AM

you're missing Monalisa Overdrive, to finish up the Sprawl Trilogy. It's on par with Count Zero. But still not as good as Neuromancer.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://ko-fi.com/tibone/

#1863 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,603 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:10 AM

you're missing Monalisa Overdrive, to finish up the Sprawl Trilogy. It's on par with Count Zero. But still not as good as Neuromancer.

Weird, for some reason I thought I had read the third Sprawl Trilogy book, but I was thinking about Burning Chrome. I'll grab Monalisa Overdrive, thanks.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#1864 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:59 AM

If you like Gibson's style, his Blue Ant trilogy is fun (but not nearly as cyberpunk as the sprawl), but it's a fun urban punk-ish affair.

easy and quick to read.

Burning Chrome is good also. I need to get myself a physical copy of it.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://ko-fi.com/tibone/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users