17 replies to this topic

#1 Nil_Failstorm

Nil_Failstorm

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:18 PM

Wham! kind of alcohol benefits do different venues provide to performing bands? Free first round, discount on tab, 2-for-1's??
Posted Image

#2 ladydemon

ladydemon

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:27 PM

oh how i miss teh emerald :( :(
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
“You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve Albini? You just put your lips together and blow.”

#3 KCMO

KCMO

Shizz Senior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:51 AM

I think most places just give you a one dollar discount.
Missouri's number one import? Whiskey. Missouri's number one export? Sadness...

#4 Naz

Naz

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:17 AM

couple places i worked with gave the band some "drink coupons". most of the places gave nothing.

and usually the bands i've worked with are the biggest boozers in the place.

#5 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:50 AM

Scolari's Office in san diego used to let bands drink for free 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after their sets

rad

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#6 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,406 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:08 PM

Modified provides the bands with a minifridge full of delicious bottled water - FREE! But there's no discount on Tab, still $0.75.

#7 Guest_FrankX10_*

Guest_FrankX10_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:54 AM

Alcohol benefits :lol:

#8 Guest_Mitchell!!!!11_*

Guest_Mitchell!!!!11_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:56 AM

Scolari's Office in san diego used to let bands drink for free 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after their sets

rad

amazing

#9 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:23 PM

the sunset tavern up here has a cooler in the back room that they keep stocked full of miller tall boys for the bands.
you're a signature.

#10 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:11 AM

we've played in several clubs in new mexico (both in las cruces and ABQ) and they all have much more liberal booze policies for the bands. i don't know what it is about phoenix trying to keep us all sober, dammit.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#11 billy

billy

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:37 PM

rad

coolest thing ive read all day. this should be the golden rule.

#12 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:53 AM

I believe Paper Heart has a "performer's rate" for booze.

#13 beefstew

beefstew

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:25 PM

hollywood alley gives bands drink tickets.

#14 JAN HAVELOCK

JAN HAVELOCK

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:26 PM

Alcohol benefits :lol:

I am trying to get some help for my son. Kurt Havelock, known as Nil Failstorm, has been a member of this sight for years. He was found guilty of mailing a threatening letter in the federal mail box and he is being sentenced on August 25th. He can get up to 5 years. If you have known my son for several years we are asking that you email a character letter on behalf of Kurt Havelock to the public defender to give to the judge before August 25th. We are asking for counseling and probation not more prison time. He has been in prison since Super Bowl day when he turned himself in. If you feel you can help him please email a character letter to Jeffery_Williams@FD.ORG Thank you from Kurt's mother

#15 JAN HAVELOCK

JAN HAVELOCK

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:30 PM

rad

amazing

Please help my son. Kurt Havelock, known as Nil Failstorm, was convicted of mailing a threatening letter in the federal mailbox and will be sentenced on August 25. We are asking for everyone to email a short character letter on Kurt's behalf asking for leniency with counseling and probation. The judge can give him up to 5 years hard time. Please email to Jeffery_Williams@FD.ORG This is the public defender he will handcarry your character letter to the judge before Aug 25. Please Kurt needs as many character letters pleaing for counseling and probation and not 5 years prison . Will you help him and pass on the word quickly August 25th is coming? thank you Kurt's mother

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users