107287 replies to this topic

#107176 jmr

jmr

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

Damn everybody needs to remember KRIEGER, one of the best things theshizz has ever produced. Can anyone I.D. all of the source material?

CAW-1 and CAW-2 are the majority of the Carrier Air Wing (arcade) soundtrack. SMOD is Strange Memories of Death from Gimmick! (famicom).

Also, I feel like if I ever get the urge to start a vgm vinyl record label, the krieger album is one of the first things I'd want to release. 

#107177 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

It's rare for a vgm album to be so extremely "adapted" while still feeling true to the originals.

#107178 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,595 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

Man, being broken suuuuucks. I messed up my back/hip last Thursday and have been pretty much immobile since and in the worst pain of my whole life. Chiropractor couldn't fix it so now after waiting 6 hours for a workers comp doctor to see me I get the good drugs

astroman.gif Dj5ZiPN.png

#107179 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

Duuude that blows ass.  Just try to take it easy, stay flat on your back, and listen to some tunes!  I've had a lot of back problems throughout my life, people who never have have no idea how debilitating it is.

#107180 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Judge Dredd, Motherfucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,025 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:53 PM

you gotta get cozy with yoga. you guys know about my back probs ive had, i got 4 herniated discs in my back & neck. but i didnt say much about getting hit by a car back in december, maybe people saw me walking with a cane at mag, well that was why..i got hit by someone going 20-25mph or so, t-bone style, not stopping at a stop sign when i was crossing the sidewalk. hard enough to knock one of my shoes off. im guessing it was right around there, 20-25 or so. i didnt go to the hospital, an ambulance would have been like 700 bucks. but what i did do, is continue playing as i normally would, and double down on yoga..i had a pinched nerve, then unpinched it after about 2 weeks of stretching where i could barely walk, and got it stuck again, then unstuck it..all the while shredding it down every day. it wouldnt have been possible to get that unstuck unless i did that or got put on an inversion table or something.

im walking with a cane maybe 20% of the time or so, but if i didnt put 20-30 minutes toward stretching before i practice, forget it. and id probably be much more stiff due to all the years of this. back pain is really complicated, you likely wont get the good drugs before you get offered pain management or physical therapy more often than not. they might even suggest lidocaine or steroid injections or even a facet block depending on where the pain is.. best thing you can do is be mindful of where you're stiff and alleviate it through stretching and work from there.

huh1.gif

#107181 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,595 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

Laying down has actually been the most painful way to try and relax. I found one position I can sleep in that minimizes the pain but it's not comfortable for actual sleeping. I tend to move a lot in my sleep so every time I shift, the pain shoots through my leg and wakes me up. Haven't been sleeping much at all. Stretching has only been bearable when I'm in water.

astroman.gif Dj5ZiPN.png

#107182 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

• Members
  • 25,025 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:29 PM

if you're not puttin a pillow between your legs, def do that...maybe fold it in half even, try a feather pillow. over time it'll help by taking some of the stress off your bones where the bed will kinda contour, really just gives support. i can really only sleep on my left side after gettin hit, because right below my hip took most of the impact...but after a while, maybe more in the last 1-2 months, im able to sleep on the other side a lil more. i straight up cant fall asleep if i dont put somethin right at the knees.

huh1.gif

#107183 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:52 PM

Uugghh jeez Miles that sucks so bad. Well I'm not tryin to be all WebMD. I just hope you can get whatever you need going on to make it better.

#107184 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,529 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:53 AM

Laying down has actually been the most painful way to try and relax. I found one position I can sleep in that minimizes the pain but it's not comfortable for actual sleeping. I tend to move a lot in my sleep so every time I shift, the pain shoots through my leg and wakes me up. Haven't been sleeping much at all. Stretching has only been bearable when I'm in water.

Just stay awake and we'll play Dark Souls.

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#107185 brodan

brodan

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:41 AM

Damn everybody needs to remember KRIEGER, one of the best things theshizz has ever produced. Can anyone I.D. all of the source material?

CAW-1 and CAW-2 are the majority of the Carrier Air Wing (arcade) soundtrack. SMOD is Strange Memories of Death from Gimmick! (famicom).

Also, I feel like if I ever get the urge to start a vgm vinyl record label, the krieger album is one of the first things I'd want to release. 

i feel like all of this was juuuust brought up in another thread somewhere

Why the fuck cant I see when I close my eyes?

#107186 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:28 AM

i feel like all of this was juuuust brought up in another thread somewhere

http://theshizz.org/...ands/?p=1366826

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png
PC Game Metal

#107187 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

• Members
  • 25,025 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

here, its an unlisted vid. figured you guys might want to see this. was very very loud and scary to start out with

huh1.gif

#107188 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,529 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

My copy of Super Russian Roulette showed up! I was worried my address was still jacked up, but it's here and yay!

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#107189 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:23 PM

#107190 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

• Members