109493 replies to this topic

#107896 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,289 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

I'm tired of "8bit" graphics. With today's tech we can get some insanely high resolution 2D games. Mega Man 8 looked incredible and that was nearly 20 damn years ago.

I'm not going to argue with the latter. MM8 is gorgeous and still has the right kind of weight to MM's movement.

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#107897 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,073 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:19 AM

Look, I love me some 8-bit MM, and the series has never been better than in that era.

However, especially after getting MM 9 and 10 not too long ago, I'm more interested in something that looks different, but plays like Mega Man.

The next new 8-Bit Mega Man game that I want is an official Capcom Mega Man Maker.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#107898 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:11 AM

Yeah, I don't see the problem with switching it up from time to time. I think 11 looks pretty okay. A MM game with Guilty Gear style sprites would be interesting, tho.

BRAINMEAT (and POWER METAL CHIPS) - My albums on Bandcamp (all free/name your price)
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#107899 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,385 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:38 AM

I'd love to see an official Mega Man Maker that does exactly what Super Mario Maker did: allow you to switch between different game visuals and physics, and introduce mechanics/power-ups from later and earlier games to each other. Lemme use Leaf Shield as Bass in MM8 idgaf

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#107900 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

I think that the new Mega Man game looks fine (Might No 9 looks fine too) and that most of y'all are just really jaded, staunch nostalgists. If something doesn't fit your narrow aesthetic want, then it is garbage and the old ways were always better. I'm being a little facetious there but it does feel like that. 

#107901 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,073 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

In defense of the jaded, staunch nostalgists, Mighty No. 9 does look like absolute dog shit.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#107902 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,152 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:55 PM

Yeah, I don't see the problem with switching it up from time to time. I think 11 looks pretty okay. A MM game with Guilty Gear style sprites would be interesting, tho.

Guilty Gear is 3D these days.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#107903 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Judge Dredd, Motherfucker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,245 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:21 PM

how many more adventures do you even need to take that little blue dork on, geez

huh1.gif

#107904 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,385 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:09 PM

There is no such thing as art anymore. CG anime, 3D characters in 2D environments, Skyrim as the definitive Elder Scrolls game...Culture is dead.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#107905 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:48 PM

how many more adventures do you even need to take that little blue dork on, geez

i seriously feel like i could keep playing a new 8bit MM gamevery couple of years for the rest of my life. as long as there something slightly new, or even if not as long as the music and atmosphere are pretty tight. it's just something they got just right with MM1 and it worked 9 more times just great, so why not another 20?

#107906 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,796 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:53 PM

There is no such thing as art anymore. CG anime, 3D characters in 2D environments, Skyrim as the definitive Elder Scrolls game...Culture is dead.

This stuff still takes years to perfect, lots of training and practice. It's not an automated process, dude. 

toopunk2lose.png

#107907 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Judge Dredd, Motherfucker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,245 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

i seriously feel like i could keep playing a new 8bit MM gamevery couple of years for the rest of my life. as long as there something slightly new, or even if not as long as the music and atmosphere are pretty tight. it's just something they got just right with MM1 and it worked 9 more times just great, so why not another 20?

why not? because its just making capcom richer, lazier, staler and pushin em further away from makin other games and franchises in the platformer genre that'd ensure that they'd be able to stick around another 20 years? plus, you could always play other, less loved games too on the nes platform. theres been a lotta fan translations of japanese games in the last however many years now. the megaman homebrew scene has sorta obsoleted any need for capcom to bother making more of this, theres more of a modicum of love thats going into those games like rockman bcas or infamous intent or any of them than what capcom's put forth in that canon. and given their proactive stance of slapping those fan project guys around too, i dunno...if it doesnt say © Capcom 1996 or earlier on the titlescreen...

huh1.gif

#107908 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,385 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:53 PM

This stuff still takes years to perfect, lots of training and practice. It's not an automated process, dude.
T'was joke, but it's a bit of a shame that the Skyrim Train™ will never know how magical Oblivion was.

#107909 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:41 PM

I'm tired of 8bit for the sake of 8bit and I'm tired of phoned in 3D that has no sense of weight or physics. It comes down to developers actually giving a shit. Mario 64 was over 20 years ago and has a better feel than any of the 3D MMX games, Mighty No9, any 3D Sonic, 3D Castlevania etc. Play a game like Dark Souls where your characters feel as heavy as they look, and give you some satisfaction in movement and dodging/jumping and you'll know what I mean, same with MGSV. If you wanna go with the whole cartoon/anime/comic argument then play MVC3 or SF4/5, Capcom games that have really satisfying feeling and looking physics to them, the only difference I see there is the attention given to those franchises over something like Mega Man that became B tier by 1997. 

MM11 could very well be a great game but from the footage in that video it doesn't look like it would feel good, if that makes any sense.

Posted Image

#107910 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:14 PM

I think that the new Mega Man game looks fine (Might No 9 looks fine too) and that most of y'all are just really jaded, staunch nostalgists. If something doesn't fit your narrow aesthetic want, then it is garbage and the old ways were always better. I'm being a little facetious there but it does feel like that. 

That's fine.

I don't care how many bits, I just want sprites.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users