3734 replies to this topic

#1036 Tim 200X

Tim 200X

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

I use the HD 400, and I love it. I also agree with Demonstray, if you have the ability to choose between the X3 and the HD series, the HD series wins hands down. The amp models are superior, they're still pumping out new updates for it, and it just has more features than the X3. It sounds great for both recording and live situations. Highly recommended, A+ would recommend again

sorry for lack of limrick
i was too busy with ur moms tit
yea i'm talkin sex
year 200x
so shut up and eat bag of dick

#1037 Omigadrive

Omigadrive

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Since home recording is what it's for, I figured I'd ask here. Anybody know a decent free program for killing all CPU processes that aren't needed?

#1038 Tim 200X

Tim 200X

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Since home recording is what it's for, I figured I'd ask here. Anybody know a decent free program for killing all CPU processes that aren't needed?

Process Explorer is pretty awesome for tracking down processes that are required and which ones aren't. I'm not sure if it'll do it automatically, but it's still really useful.

sorry for lack of limrick
i was too busy with ur moms tit
yea i'm talkin sex
year 200x
so shut up and eat bag of dick

#1039 Omigadrive

Omigadrive

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Process Explorer is pretty awesome for tracking down processes that are required and which ones aren't. I'm not sure if it'll do it automatically, but it's still really useful.

Looks like it will do the job just fine!

Thank you :D

#1040 Bonkers

Bonkers

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

I did some testing of my audio card with RMAA(RightMark Audio Analyzer)
and,the differences in Total Harmonic Distortion between the rear panel and the front panel of my audio card is pretty astounding.

Front Panel THD%: http://i.minus.com/inLVDbuLVjIzu.png
Rear Panel THD%: http://i.minus.com/iCjs2qQzt2kbi.png

Front Panel Noise: http://i.minus.com/icFoEgojK5fbo.png
Rear Panel Noise: http://i.minus.com/iCV5HD4n10mzd.png

Other differences are pretty damn large too.
bonker2s.gifPSYMAN

#1041 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,255 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

The headphone jacks and one of the volume knobs on my interface were being crappy, so I took it apart and fixed/replaced them. I'm a badass!

#1042 MichaelTheCrow

MichaelTheCrow

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

Just showcasing my latest sound, perhaps I am ready to return to DoD?

First time on since 2013, what's up everyone?

#1043 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,255 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

I love it!

#1044 VikingGuitar

VikingGuitar

Ka and Ka-Tet

• Members
  • 3,800 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Sooooooo I finally got my new Ibanez RGA7 all squared away. New pickups, frets leveled and polished, etc. I also found a killer deal on a five string bass to accompany it. Because I'm a fucking bandwagon asshole, I decided to record a little Periphery to test out a new mixing setup. Whaddaya think? I still feel like it might be ducking in a few spots, but that's also the result of some shitty one-pass bass recording (a few missed notes.) All in all, I'm looking for some feedback.

http://www.mediafire...jlvya1eh6yj12ec

Good lord, the fucking

LogoNew-Ping_small2.png

Professional Audio Services - http://vikingguitar.com

#1045 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,255 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

BRUTAL

sounds awesome!

#1046 MichaelTheCrow

MichaelTheCrow

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

Sooooooo I finally got my new Ibanez RGA7 all squared away. New pickups, frets leveled and polished, etc. I also found a killer deal on a five string bass to accompany it. Because I'm a fucking bandwagon asshole, I decided to record a little Periphery to test out a new mixing setup. Whaddaya think? I still feel like it might be ducking in a few spots, but that's also the result of some shitty one-pass bass recording (a few missed notes.) All in all, I'm looking for some feedback.

http://www.mediafire...jlvya1eh6yj12ec

Sounds sick...I love you :wub:.

Also updated my track, featuring Brandon on vocals:

I must admitt there is probably too much reverb in his vocals, but man, it's great collaborating with people from all over the globe on original songs!

First time on since 2013, what's up everyone?

#1047 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

im trying to use kontakt for the 1st time!
i got this really cool bass i downloaded

but how the FFF do i get this going in a logical way?

Posted Image

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

#1048 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

well i tried dragging one of those bass NKIs in and it said i needed a newer version. so shit.

but i also had a drumet NKI (i also see nkm files - are those anything?)

when i drag that in, i can play in on the midi controller all nice, but it seems like its playing a million samples at once and sounds like total shit. whats the deal?

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

#1049 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 13,175 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

im trying to use kontakt for the 1st time!
i got this really cool bass i downloaded

but how the FFF do i get this going in a logical way?

Posted Image

I can get Rick bass sounds in my DAW too.

Posted Image

toopunk2lose.png

#1050 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

i've been messing around with trying to get drum mics placed and sounding good. i moved around my overheads tonight and i think i've got them pretty well positioned now.

the kick drum sounds fucking huge. both the kick mic and the overheads are picking it up (which sounds much better than anticipated / than it has in the past in other rooms) and the drum has a really long decay depending on how you smack it. its pretty cool.

i have a mic on the snare going to my fender twin. the twin is mic'd going back into the board with a noise gate inserted into that channel. gnarly gated reverb snare.

i will most likely never record a full song of my own in my life, but hot damn i love playing around with recording things.
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users