7323 replies to this topic

#7321 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#7322 Sagnewshreds

Sagnewshreds

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:34 PM

Next time I have time off from work and don't have other plans, I'm going to get really high and watch that. 

#7323 Guest_MetalBishop_*

Guest_MetalBishop_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

Went to my parents house yesterday for dinner. They had their grandkids other grandfather over (My parents adopted their grandkids like 14 years ago and their other grandad likes to come over and visit from time to time). Indiana Jones was on the tv and I tried to make conversation with "Wouldn't that be the best job ever? Exploring ruins for artifacts?" 
He replied with "There are people still to this day who do that, but it's not like Indiana Jones. They are large teams funded by the democrats and universities. And their goal isn't to collect artifacts for preservation, instead their goal is to cover up what they find. Because oftentimes what they find disproves evolution, and they don't want that."
I was kind of puzzled. I asked him why any scholar or scientist would deny any new evidence of anything? I told him the point behind science is truth, whether you believe it or not all of science is based on facts.
This lit him up, i knew i had made a mistake. He went on a long rant about the war on christianity, and how "Scientists" primary motivation is to turn people away from jesus ect..

I was shocked. I actually met someone who legit believes that there are people, scientists, out there whose primary goal in life is to destroy christianity. And the simple observation of facts, such as archaeology, is in direct combat with christians. This scares me. All the verbal diarrhea came spewing out of a guy who uses our scientific advances on a daily basis. He didn't scoff at science when his wife needed medical treatment for her cancer, he didn't scoff at science when he installed that satellite dish on his roof, but he DOES scoff at science over a fictions scenario that doesn't exist. 

Honestly, if an archaeologist found something that disproved evolution as we know it, they would be excited as fuck!!! THAT'S THE POINT BEHIND SCIENCE!!! TRUUUUUTH!!!

#7324 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:27 PM

He replied with "There are people still to this day who do that, but it's not like Indiana Jones. They are large teams funded by the democrats and universities. And their goal isn't to collect artifacts for preservation, instead their goal is to cover up what they find. Because oftentimes what they find disproves evolution, and they don't want that."

Man, brainwashed conservatives believe a lot of stupid shit, but this idea, that universities are somehow bastions of liberal/Democratic party thought and consipiracy has gotta be up there with the stupidist. The university was originally a religious institution, and upon contact with the new world, pretty much all english and spanish speaking universities' efforts were heavily directed at missionizing native peoples, with studies in biblical hebrew and greek on the syllabus for everyone attending. Havard, Yale, etc...all these schools were founded as missionary training centers, and continued to train and send missionaries to US outposts until thearly 20th century.

Well throughout the 20th and 21st centuries major American universities like U Chicago, MIT, etc.. continue to be centers of conservative, technocratic thought pumping out ideas and weaponry aimed at pacifying American enemies overseas.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users