#1 Norrin_Radd

Norrin_Radd

The Boob Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,116 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:46 AM

[nerd]

Recently, I've got back into D&D, and I am totally remembering how cool it is. My friends and I finally convinced a co worker of mine to dust off his 3.0 rule books and DM some games for us. It's been all to much fun the little that we've played so far, but I am incredibley rusty at this stuff. Sadly, so is our DM.

Our team consists of a: Druid, Cleric, Wizard, Barbarian, and I play the Rogue.

Does anyone have any advice for a re-beginner? I'd like to hear all of your stories, or creative uses of skills. So far all I can manage to do is HIDE and launch arrows at Orcs that are trying to take down our Barbarian <_<

I'd also love to hear anyones suggestions for killer instrumental music to listen to while playing. Movie sounds tracks really do seem to help bring the battles to life. The more medieval the better. Newer stuff works really well too (like the War of the Worlds OST). Here is a track I made 3 years ago in MODplug Astral Conflagration. It's a good idea what I am looking for.

Holy crap, game OST's would work really rad as well! Dudes, give me some names!

[/nerd]

Life gets better once you admit your own nerdiness.
NorrinRadd22 at gmail dot com
https://twitter.com/Norrin_Radd22
http://soundcloud.com/MattCreamer
Matt Creamer on Facebook

#2 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:28 AM

dude, i love that movie. jeremy irons is SO good in it.

music face, like a dying frankenstein, his jaw becomes dislodged....see the profile of him, the profile of shame

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Norrin_Radd

Norrin_Radd

The Boob Whisperer

• Members
  • 13,116 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:34 AM

I wonder if religious groups protested that movie. I'll cast Magic Missle on all of them!

Oh yeah! Check this out dudes! So gooooood! (So old)

http://www.youtube.c.....=Summoner PS2

This was my favorite saturday morning cartoon when I was 7. The dude with one horn gave me nightmares.
D&D the Cartoon: Intro movie
NorrinRadd22 at gmail dot com
https://twitter.com/Norrin_Radd22
http://soundcloud.com/MattCreamer
Matt Creamer on Facebook

#4 Metal Dream

Metal Dream

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:41 AM

Yeah dood. D&D nights were so awesome.
We are actually starting a campaign in September with huge maps and handbooks in laptops for the dm and the players.
Can't wait heh
Proud To Be Part Of The RockLand Productions Since 2001

#5 Wyatt Riot

Wyatt Riot

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:42 AM

Oh, man, I love Dungeons & Dragons sooooooooooo fucking much. I play once a week but would play every day if I could.

My favorite game music.

My group's house rules.

I'm sure we could all twink out your character.

As a rogue: musts include two-weapon fighting, combat reflexes, and any feat which enables you to gain additional sneak attacks, such as when an ally hits an adjacent foe. Don't multiclass. At higher levels you will out-damage everyone when you can make sneak attacks, which should be always since the first magical item to get is a ring of invisiblity. Of course, these assume you're playing by standard d20. If not, ignore them.

g4LcJWd.jpg

#6 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • 16,465 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:49 AM

Still playing it...

http://dnd.rakis.net

That's the wiki for our group. The RPing aspect of the group is fun and getting better with each session (some people are rather inhibited) but I haev my fun when the DM and I drink a few beers, have my character drink a few beers, and then get to act out being drunk while being tipsy. It results in hilarity (and a bit of frustration from the other players). This will get even better now that I have started my Drunken Master prestige class...

edit: any suggestions for developing a halfling rogue? he's too small to damage shit :(

#7 Metal Dream

Metal Dream

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:54 AM

I always played a Necromancer when I had the rolls for it.
I actually never played any form of the warrior/fighter class

And now that you're talking about the rogues, I'm tempted to try one in the campaign

Ah fuck...I'm the dm :(
Proud To Be Part Of The RockLand Productions Since 2001

#8 OptimusFunk

OptimusFunk

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:05 AM

I only played a few times while working at a summer camp for three years. We traded off between roleplaying Star wars, D&D, and the ever amazing Magic the Gathering, and the frequent lifting of certain lawn fixtures from people's houses. Ahhh much love went into this game, I normally played a spellcaster of some kind, wether it being divine or arcane. My favorite character was an Illusionist/Rogue "Arcane Trickster", he totally sucked most of time it came down to combat, but it was so much fun to roleplay. Damn you all! Now I want to go digging through my random shit and find my old books, dice, and character sheets to play again. Oh wait my Will save (d20+8) worked against a moderate difficulty check(15) against caving in and starting my search and start playing again. Maybe next time...
Posted Image

#9 Wyatt Riot

Wyatt Riot

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:11 AM

any suggestions for developing a halfling rogue? he's too small to damage shit :(

Go with my suggestions above, and throw in feats that substitute Dexterity rather than Strength for attack and damage. You can't lose.

g4LcJWd.jpg

#10 OptimusFunk

OptimusFunk

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:15 AM

Just use your sneak attack as much as possible, and watch out for constructs, elementals, undead, and most everything! ;)
Also crippling strike is nice, it brings them closer to your level.
Posted Image

#11 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • 16,465 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:51 AM

Yeah, that's good advice but the size difference kinda sucks...hm

#12 XMark

XMark

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,199 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:49 AM

I played D&D a while ago, but could hardly keep up with it since everyone in the group were hardcore veterans... my only advice is that if your character is a 200-pound dwarf and all your armor gets fried by an acidic slime monster, don't shake your naked dwarf ass in an attempt to demoralize your opponent. It will only give your party members a -1 concentration penalty or something like that.

Hey, since I'm in the same general area, any chance I could get in on this?
The ARC Legacy demo is coming soon!
http://abstract-productions.net/

#13 mills

mills

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:54 AM

When I was about 10-12 I played dungeons and dragons with a kid who was a few years older than me.

He used to do really fucking weird things as a dungeon master, he would put my character in certain situations with hot female elves and say "show me what you do to her on this pillow here and I'll level you up"

..He wanted to watch me hump a pillow.................

#14 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:55 AM

man, i haven't played since high school. that was good times. we did a lot of dragonlance at the time but good old fashioned AD&D was also a great deal of fun.

the dungeons and dragons cartoon was so much awesome. the cavalier was a total wuss i recall...

-= george =-

norgstoof.jpg  charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif
SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK

never gtyrst a bigg btut and a smiel
that irl is POUISONNNNNNNN
-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

#15 Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,498 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:00 AM

When I was about 10-12 I played dungeons and dragons with a kid who was a few years older than me.

He used to do really fucking weird things as a dungeon master, he would put my character in certain situations with hot female elves and say "show me what you do to her on this pillow here and I'll level you up"

..He wanted to watch me hump a pillow.................

As long as he didn't ask you to roll his dice. (or LARP)

I haven't played D&D in ages, and I looked at the 3rd edition rules and was just too confused by all of it. But I will at least once a week make a really nerdy D&D reference or joke.
Posted Image

I think at max length it made it to my nipples.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users