1195 replies to this topic

#1186 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:07 AM

My players were at the last section of this particular area, with one more encounter to go...a fight with a young dragon.

Spoiler

So yeah, group and co killed a young dragon and everyone had fun and all was well, except for that one part where they all died to the dragon.   

#1187 Trohnics!

Trohnics!

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

Okay I'm good this thing can die now in a cool way next round oh shit wait the Ranger is moving toward the dragon DON'T GET AN OPPORTUNITY ATTACK AGAINST YOU SHIT GODDAMNIT didn't know it's reach was 10 ft. instead of 5 ft. I guess you get bit too and now the Ranger is nearly dead.

Why did the ranger choose to move up and take the opportunity attack?

Everyone said they enjoyed it, too so, that's good. They had fun regardless of how botched it was.

In the end, that's all you can hope for.

#1188 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:05 PM

Okay I'm good this thing can die now in a cool way next round oh shit wait the Ranger is moving toward the dragon DON'T GET AN OPPORTUNITY ATTACK AGAINST YOU SHIT GODDAMNIT didn't know it's reach was 10 ft. instead of 5 ft. I guess you get bit too and now the Ranger is nearly dead.

Why did the ranger choose to move up and take the opportunity attack?

The Ranger is the only person with any kind of healing spells in the group (no one wanted to play a healer) and was trying to heal the Monk. 

#1189 Classic-wolf

Classic-wolf

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:20 PM

Damn those A.o.O.s!
But if you get multiple AoOs and use a Ki-gen monk, oh the juicy flash imitation you can do!
O.N.H.C. Put it on t-shirts, wear it, live it, love it.
Only Noobz Hit Civillians
facebook: Savage Worlds Ultra Multiverse(Especially for "JumpChain CYOA" Fans.)
discord: https://discord.gg/F958rUM
That one topic with the songs and stuff
Not my site, 'cuz I don't have one, but awesome nonetheless. Fightersgeneration.com
SoundCloud: Chris Martin 424(Electronic music, Dance Music, Classical, Rock, Chiptune, straight VGM, RetroWave, Synth, Funk, Lite, Mostly instrumental among all the genres.)

EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE

AW FEIN

Remember to *Stay Determined*!!
Magic Words to Repeat: Lla zngnieb Lief Nuhshomi Eethapmee Dnarg Tisakdaarb *Inmo*!

#1190 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:09 AM

Has anyone played Mice & Mystics? A couple of friends and i are thinking about starting playing with something very simple and M&M seems to fit what we are looking for in a game.

Especially the very simple combat. which is something we require (we really don't want a complex system with long fights).

If you have any other suggestions, i'm all ears.

As long as the combat is simple enough and we can get some sort of accomplishment in sessions of 3hrs (approx).

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://tibone.bandcamp.com

#1191 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:12 PM

...simple combat. which is something we require (we really don't want a complex system with long fights).

As long as the combat is simple enough and we can get some sort of accomplishment in sessions of 3hrs (approx).

Must...resist...proselytizing...Dungeon World

#1192 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

...simple combat. which is something we require (we really don't want a complex system with long fights).

Must...resist...proselytizing...Dungeon World

toopunk2lose.png

#1193 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,283 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:31 PM

After a long hiatus my roomie and I are getting a crew together for some more D&D goodtimes. I ordered Curse of Strahd and it arrives tomorrow. Doing some preliminary reading and I'm getting excited to run Castlevania.

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#1194 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

You can get PARANOIA first and second ediitions on Bundle of Holding in very good, authorized scans! But if you buy it you have to pay extra to get the Second Edition stuff, which is the best edition. This is one of the zaniest and most fun talbetop RPGs ive played, do yourself a favor and HAIL COMPUTER

https://bundleofhold...noiaClassic2018

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png
PC Game Metal

#1195 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:18 AM

So, yeah, the Phandelver campaign was a bust. Group got to the very last dungeon and only needed maybe 3 more sessions and then the group fell apart for a variety of reasons.

A couple weeks ago my friend wanted to play again, and before Phandelver was even a thing, I had been working on my own campaign, so I figured I guess now would be a good time to do that. Originally thought there were going to be 5 or 6 players again, but now it's only 3. I had already planned to have some companions in the first town that would help them if they needed it because I had no idea how many players would actually stick around or be consistent, so now those might come into play a little bit more. Will just have to make sure encounters aren't too tough. Last week we worked on character creation but didn't get finished so most of the first real session tonight was finishing the characters.

So, in my campaign, the players start off dead and dig their way out of their own graves. They only remember their names and one or two memories from their "past life" depending on a die roll. I did this for a few reasons; obviously it fits the lore and story and all that and two, it gives my players a lot more time to work on background stuff. Everyone is pretty busy so all that extra stuff just isn't going to get done quick, if at all, so I wanted to give them time to work on it or discover it as they go and I'll incorporate stuff later in the campaign. No one had any backstory stuff done but already got a few things to work with, like, our Sorceress was an apprentice to Randalf the Red and our bard only remembers his stage name, which is Joe Barden. 

Anyways, they are in a wasteland that is just full of empty graves, just miles upon miles and miles of graves with 1 singular point of interest to walk to, which is the first town in the campaign. They are basically on the outskirts or the graveyard so it's quite a long walk but I wanted to get some lore out of the way and establish that in their current state, they don't really need food and water or sleep; they can get by with very little in terms of those resources mainly because in the last campaign, I got really annoyed having to remind them about food and needing it and, I don't know, it didn't feel like they wanted to get that in depth with the game, so this go around I'm just making it to where they don't have to worry about that so much and have it fit the world and all that. That will change later though but, didn't want them to worry about that now. 

I wanted to have a combat that wasn't random on their way there, so I put a big ol' pile of corpses in front of them. Inside, feeding on stuff, are 3 young carrion crawlers. I was a bit worried they wouldn't go check it out, but they did, and while they did try to do it "stealthily," I mean, they didn't take into account to hide their smell, and I mean, how would they ? I'm such a dick. So they are all surprised because by the time they got to the pile o bodies, those little bastards were waiting for them. I had already toned these fuckers down from their normal values and I thought everything was going to be fine...and then the very first round of combat, the Sorceress gets tentacle'd, drops to 1 HP and fails her poison save, which paralyzes her. Needless to say, I had to tweak their HP so these things could get killed quicker and everything worked out fine. Had a near death, another got hurt but resisted the poison, everything ended up dead; it was tense and a fine first combat. So, I figured after that, they would search all the bodies and receive a bevy of very helpful items like healing potions and health kits and replacement weapons because I'm an asshole and your weapons could have been broken from the start but none did so moot point but instead they lit the mound of corpses on fire, just in case they missed some creepy crawlies and I'm pretty sure most of everything they could have used just got incinerated. They are taking a short rest to mend their wounds so I can have the fires die down and maybe, if they actually go and look, some things might have survived the fire. I gotta give them something to help them out. The bard did take a healing spell though which he had to use already so that was a good call. I'll be throwing them a cleric once they get into town, but they'll have to earn her trust first. Should be interesting. We ended the session after the fight. Hopefully I can get my shit together and actually deliver something fun and interesting. So far so good.  

#1196 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,283 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:30 PM

Curse of Strahd is going fantastically. My crew is really getting into it, plenty of twists and turns (a few things have gone so far off the rails I don't even know what's going on and have to figure it out), and plenty of antics all around. We also recently brought Danimal into the fold! One of my players moved out of state to take a job on an oil rig so he would have no more time and I was trying to secure another local friend to take his place. His schedule conflicts didn't make it possible so when I put the call out on FB for a new player Mr. Cannon answered and we had our first session last week. It was pretty good! I mean, sure he happened to get his eye ripped out by a scarecrow (Scarecrow critted the attack and Dan crit failed the dodge, so it got plucked right out), but the cleric put it in a flask of holy water that the wizard is periodically using his shocking grasp cantrip to give a little jolt to it to keep it alive until someone more skilled/that has more time can put it back in for him.

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users