5709 replies to this topic

#16 Nuttz the Squirrel

Nuttz the Squirrel

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:29 PM

I don't plan on buying a Wii right away.
As I do with all new consoles, I wait until a solid number of great games is available for it before I go buy the machine.
Once the whole craze around the machine's launch is over, it should pretty easy to get my hands on a Wii.

As far as games go, the obvious selling point is The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
But, the plan was always to get the Gamecube version, and I'm sticking to that plan; even if it means having to wait an additional month.
I'd rather own the GC version anyway because 'A' - I already own a Gamecube and not a Wii, and 'B' - Having played Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, I already know how to play the game with a GC controller, making it that much easier for me to progress through the game.

I have a feeling the game that will make me want a Wii will be the same that made me want a Gamecube: Super Smash Bros.

#17 wizardcombat

wizardcombat

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,027 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:51 AM

if any bossies in the central/ norther n californai area pick it up....

can i play with WII-NES>????Q?QQ?

#18 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,727 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 02:11 AM

I gots mine pre-ordered, but I honestly have low expectations for the system. 2 years after the launch, the unique-ness of the controller will wear off and the system will die a horrible GameCube-esque death.

P.S. Zelda can suck on Okami's teet.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#19 Wizwars

Wizwars

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:12 AM

Rumor has it I'm getting a Wii for Christmas. Now, the shit thing about that is that my flight for PA leaves on Christmas. So I don't get to play with my Wii (K fucking S) until after Magfest. Damn.
my game boy music: http://wizwars.bandcamp.com /

#20 5FC

5FC

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 04:07 AM

Comes out a little later for us Europeans, and, regardless, it's unlikely that I will be purchasing this on day of release. I'll be buying it some point down the line though.

#21 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,367 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:22 AM

P.S. Zelda can suck on Okami's teet.

I was pretty tempted to bump a thread about the game (started back in March!), but I'll leave that to you.

So I don't get to play with my Wii (K fucking S) until after Magfest. Damn.

I'm sure you'll get to play one during Mag, if that helps any.

giphy.gif

#22 evilsonic

evilsonic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:42 AM

Originally I was gonna try to get one at launch (not gonna happen cause of funds) and then I thought, maybe I'll get one for Christmas.

But here's the thing.

It's gonna be wicked sold out everywhere most likely, and as of two days ago, I decided to change my concentration (Hampshire's equivalent of a major). So instead of "Storytelling through Music," I'm going to make it "Scoring Life" or something along those lines. The big difference is that instead of being a Music/Creative Writing student, I'm going to be a Music/Video student. And that means I need a video camera, and the best chance of that happening is at Christmas.

Maybe I'll get enough money to get a Wii after New Year.
Remember... No matter where you go... there you are.
-Buckaroo Banzai Adventures Across the Eighth Dimension

Posted Image

#23 Guest_Swampy_*

Guest_Swampy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:46 AM

I actually haven't pre-ordered ANY of the next gen systems. I'm waiting until sometime next year to get that going on. Meanwhile, I'm purchasing the hell out of some DS games.

I think I might follow the same path.

Sounds familiar ... if not for tempting DS games, I'd be able to afford it, but you gotta prioritize.

#24 dougly

dougly

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:16 AM

my brother and i made the pre-order. cant wait to play zelda.
team fire. represent

#25 Insane_Penguin

Insane_Penguin

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:33 AM

I'm all over this thang. Hopes are high, yet my pride is capable of some heavy smashing (if it comes down to it).

Anyway, I've got Zelda, Rayman(!!!), Trauma Center, and Metal Slug Anthology reserved. I think I'll stick to renting Red Steel; that game looks merely average to me.

(not) Galbadia Hotel - My Game Collection

"Subway versus Quiznos? Who wins? I don't care; Tim Buckley's an asshole."
"All restaurants are Taco Bell"

tsih bich is CRUNKD

#26 jiggs

jiggs

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 09:11 AM

Its nice having a friend who works at EB Games. I had him preorder 4 of my games at 15% off. Which brings my grand total spent on Wii to $540 (Wii, retro controller, 5 games).

I think I'm set til Wario Ware, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Smash Bros. come out. :D

#27 CardboardMalice

CardboardMalice

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:24 PM

Thankfully, after striking out in Pomona (I was number 12 of 10 systems available for preorder), I went to the Montclair plaza with enough time to be 24 of 34. Reserved Zelda, Red Steel, Rayman, Monkey Ball, and Excitetruck... though I think I'm gonna wait on the latter two.

I tell you though; since playing it at E3, I haven't been able to stop thinking about that damn system.

Four more weeks. :rolleyes:

#28 Skiptastic

Skiptastic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:28 PM

Yeah, I probably won't be picking up a Wii any time soon. I'm holding back on most video game purchasing until after Christmas, and even then, there's going to have to be a game that I cannot live without playing. Right now, I don't see any game like that on any of the next gen systems.

VWM6IHd.jpg

Dreamcast For Life - NFL2K and Forever
Xbox Live: PocketMobsters
D. Brown RIP

#29 ^PaladinX^

^PaladinX^

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:36 PM

Right now, I don't see any game like that on any of the next gen systems.

not even the guitar hero for 360 with downloadable content?

#30 Nario

Nario

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,288 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 09:08 PM

I did not pre-order a Wii, but the Best Buy nearby will have the most stock, that, and they didn't allow pre-orders to begin with, so I don't think it really matters. I'm thinking about camping out, then going to church in the morning with 1 hour of sleep, after playing the heck outta SMB:BB. :)

The games I'm going to get (at first, in this order) are:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Excite Truck
By the time I get and beat all of those games, Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will be out. W00t!!! ... <_< >_> ^_^

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users