#1 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:27 PM

Today's comments from me:

Bikes are still somehow tougher than ellipticals and yet burn more calories according to the readout. However I imagine my legs are getting more of a workout due to the fact that they are working towards cramping up when I have to take the difficulty down.

It's good to be back at the gym and replacing muscles. For some reason the winter seems to inspire me to go there more. Also quitting WoW helped a lot.

I hate pushups and trying to breathe while doing them yet I must keep doing them anyway.

Dragonforce and Dethklok are great for working out.

The end.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#2 Guest_Scar420_*

Guest_Scar420_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:17 AM

ah no gym for me
all you need is the nintendo wii
thats gonna be the best workout system

#3 Dragolf

Dragolf

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:21 AM

i just wish i have a house so i could do some DDR

i have the game, the mats and some fucking ppl in my appartment block that are fucking anoying
May the CONTROLLER be with you LUKE!!!!

Posted Image

#4 Geo

Geo

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:22 AM

i just wish i have a house so i could do some DDR

i have the game, the mats and some fucking ppl in my appartment block that are fucking anoying

I feel ya

some douchebaguette even stole my ddr pad
Posted Image

#5 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,539 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:27 AM

ah no gym for me
all you need is the nintendo wii
thats gonna be the best workout system

I just hope it doesn't induce tendonitis.

I really should excercise. All I really get is walking around school. It's a pretty big campus with stairs and I carry lots of stuff, but I should still get into some heavier cardiovascualr stuff so I can be healthier.

How do you guys fit excercise into your day?

#6 MrBoglin

MrBoglin

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:34 AM

I do a lot of lifting and moving at my work. I wish I had enough room in my room to put a bench/squat combo rack in it. I could fit it in there but I'd have to constantly move around it. If I REALLY had the room I'd just get a power rack and a bench. Gym's are for weiners. When I think of a gym I think "yuppie." I'm more into the whole caveman thing of a power rack in your basement with Agorphobic Nosebleed and Obituary's "Cause of Death" playing.

Starting Strength is a good book for anyone that's starting to get into weight lifting. It goes pretty in-depth on form so you don't kill yourself. The rest of the stuff like nutrition and all that can be found online somewhere.

#7 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:40 AM

Dude, build your own shit.

Only way to do it.

I want to do training like in Kung Fu movies though a lot of it might just be hokey and painful.

Monkey Fist, Floating snake has some wicked training equipment in it.
The original drunken master has some cool stuff too.

crap: It's not MFFS I'm thinking of, but the title is four words just like that.

#8 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:49 AM

You're going down Boglin ;) I like the gym, there are no distractions around and a bunch of other people workin out which puts pressure on you to do the same and do your best.

I have a gym that is 5 minutes driving distance from me. I go there from 9 - 10, half on weights and half on cardio. I then come home and do a set of push ups, sit ups and some other junk. Doesn't take long.

I don't use a book, I just go to exrx.net and work from there.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#9 MrBoglin

MrBoglin

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:50 AM

Dude, build your own shit.

Only way to do it.

I want to do training like in Kung Fu movies though a lot of it might just be hokey and painful.

Monkey Fist, Floating snake has some wicked training equipment in it.
The original drunken master has some cool stuff too.

crap: It's not MFFS I'm thinking of, but the title is four words just like that.

Check out this book.

#10 Alex

Alex

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:12 AM

Biking is the only thing for me. I can change the intensity of my workout from day to day. If I really wanna push it, I keep it in a higher gear when I'm going up hills. Yesterday my legs were really sore because I had ridden up the hill so much faster than normal.

#11 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,256 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:17 AM

I just got back from my walk myself. I lift every other day with sit-ups/crunches and do cardiovascular every day... I try to walk the two miles around my house and do some jumping jacks and such, but sometimes that doesn't work out and I just end up staying home and doing everything other than the walking. I've also noticed that rocking the fuck out at practice is a great workout too. After our show last friday I could barely move.
My diet is getting much better too, I'm still eating total crap more often than I should, but I'm certainly eating much healthier a bulk of the time... vegetables still suck, but I'm starting to wish we had a fruit stand at the corner so I don't have to wait to get more apples and pairs for breakfast.

My thing really is that I don't need to lose weight necessarily, I want to tone up. A little bulking wouldn't hurt, but I really just want to get the excess fat turned into muscle.

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#12 Wizwars

Wizwars

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:27 AM

I need to lose weight. I'm tired of being fat. So I have decided that I'm going to start dieting and exercising. Building muscle isn't as important to me as losing weight. So what is a good activity for me to do? A lot of walking?
my game boy music: http://wizwars.bandcamp.com /

#13 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,256 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:33 AM

My brother lost around 80 pounds in a few months by walking 2-3 miles a day, lifting weights, and changing his diet (and I don't mean dieting as you think it, changing what he eats and not changing it back because what's the point?).

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#14 MrBoglin

MrBoglin

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:06 AM

I guarantee you that you will lose weight if you simply change your diet. My suggestion would be the regular stuff (fruits, vegetables, etc.), if you're gonna eat meat, make sure it's lean (chicken breast, turkey, tuna, etc.), try to drink a lot of water and low fat milk. Nothing with a lot of sugar in it, low in saturated fat, etc. You don't have to eat shit that tastes like cardboard all the time in order to lose weight, unlike what most people think. Some people will tell you that "carbs are bad," THEY'RE NOT. If you're gonna eat bread, get some whole grain or whole wheat bread. Also you should eat six small meals a day instead of 3 big ones. You don't really need to do a whole lot of exercise if you want, because you'll probably just lose weight from that.

If you're trying to bulk up/put on muscle, eat a lot of lean meat like those I said above, and the same stuff I said before pretty much goes the same way. You should be eating your weight in grams of protein per day. So if you weigh 145, 145 grams of protein. If you're a real "on the go" person, you can buy some whey protein and drink a meal replacement/protein shake. I would recommend ON's Gold. 5 lbs. tub will run you about $30. DON'T get it straight from them or you'll be paying $50. It's pretty expensive, but if you break down the price per gram of protein and the amount you use each day, that 5 lbs. tub will last you a good couple months. There's also some sites out there that compare different brands and the cost per gram of protein, etc. You can also try MetRX meal replacement bars. They're about $1.50 or so and taste good and pack about 20+ grams of protein in them.

Some books if you're into it:

Super Squats
Starting Strength-Great, GREAT book for beginners. Goes into a lot of detail on form so you don't break yourself in half
Dinosaur Training-haven't read it, but heard it's good

Actually don't even buy Super Squats, I'll just condense it for you: Do 1 set of 20 rep squats 2-3 times a week, eat a lot of protein, add 5 lbs. to the bar every week, gain (so the book says) 30 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks. That claim is a little over the top, realistically it's about 15-20, around there somewhere.

Uhm. I think that's it...

BUILD YOUR BODY INTO A FORTRESS OF VASCULAR STEEL!!! SLAM AND GRIND FOREVER!!!!!!

#15 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:44 AM

Shit that reminds me...gotta cancel that gym membership :D

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users