Play bass! Great for grip strength :3

#3602 themonk3y

themonk3y

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

If you're starting deads start light. On the last rep of each working set over been holding the weight for ten to fifteen seconds at the top of the motion so I get used to holding that and heavier weight. When I do a normal rep it's never really more than five seconds until the weight is back on the ground so if you can triple that then you're prepping yourself for next time.

<I really have no idea what I'm doing, probably don't listen to me>

PROVE IT ASS BUTT

#3603 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,889 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:45 PM

the prophecy was not realized :(
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#3604 Vegeroth

Vegeroth

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

I've seen a few videos and articles regarding the ketogenic diet last year, and I was like "Meh, another diet".

Then I saw a book in french at my local grocery store talking about it, and I was like... yeah why not, it's in french it's gonna be easier for me.

And I am under 20g of carbs a day, and I try to stay as close to 0 as possible if I can.

Seems similar to atkins diet as well.

HOLY SHIT

The fat is shedding off so quickly. I ordered a CD + large t-shirt bundle, and I realize I cannot order large anymore, I'm down to medium :D YEAH!!!!! The t-shirts I bought too small for when I get thinner now fit ! It's incredible! But my wallet hates me, I have to buy new clothes now.

But yeah, this no/low carb thing is a god damn godsend to me. I've been going between 168 and 175 lbs for quite a long time, making very slow progress, and in under a month I went down to 158. Feeling great, full of energy. I had a business trip and couldn't control what I ate because food was included, so I gained a bit, but I'll crap it all out soon and get back to where I was and continue going down.

I'm incredibly happy I decided to try it, I'm almost at a flat tummy now, and all the working out I've been doing for 2 years is soon going to be visible with the fat that's getting off!!! I'm super excited.

I also got waxed (back + front torso), so I got to see better my body's change. I'm starting to love myself more.

So yeah, just a good news post :D

Live as if you would die tomorrow, learn as if you would live forever.

#3605 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:06 PM

Hell ya, dude!!!

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#3606 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,697 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:35 PM

Totally slacked off March and April after a really good February. Gonna be extra busy this month so I found a free at-home program that I'm going to try since getting to the gym will be difficult.

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#3607 chronolever

chronolever

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

I'm still doing DDP Yoga and eating a lot better. I've shed about 15 lbs or so. In fact I've lost quite a bit of the gut I was getting and a few pairs of pants I bought not too long ago are already looking really baggy on me. I'm feeling good!

Get DO.DAT YASELF an EP with songs made entirely in Warioware: D.I.Y.!

#3608 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 16,889 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:07 PM

sunday i did 5x315 on squats with no no knee buckling / form issues.

last night i did 3x320, again without issue.

then i threw on 350 and pushed one rep with solid form.

strapped on my belt & did a 365 rep without any knee collapse!

the most i've ever done is 375, and that was a year ago with awful cheater form. feelim great to know i'm gettin back to heavy with proper form. aimin for 405 by the end of the year.

#3609 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:50 AM

Mig is looking super buff. If you doubt his assertions in this thread, you are wrong. 

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#3610 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 16,889 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:11 AM

fix your squats, john!

#3611 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

Fuck squats! 

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#3612 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,458 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:57 AM

holy crap, i was cleaning and found a pair of shorts i don't even remember buying in a closet. i'm pretty sure i bought them and the didnt fit so i was like 'fuck it' but they fit now!

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#3613 KarlGerm

KarlGerm

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:41 AM

I've been inconsistent in the gym and I think it's hurting the fact I raise 5lbs to my max weight each time I go, but yesterday for my 5x5 maxes I was able to honk 215lb squats, 125 bench and 140lb barbell rows. The depth is suffering in my squats as I add more weight but I'm still feeling pretty good about my progress considering I haven't used a belt or wraps or anything yet and just started all this shit in February. my plan is to see how my squats are feeling depth wise on Wednesday since I'll be coming off enough rest and not too much time off and on Friday I should be squatting 2 plates. I'm probably going to then take all of next week at 225 squats to focus on form and depth. these beginner gains have been awesome and I'm officially up to 150lbs body weight. When I signed up for the gym I was 139. feeling good about the progress. my goal is to hit 160 sometime soon and will probably take me another few months but that's the arbitrary initial goal I set for myself in February. Feeling pretty stronk.

I tweaked my shoulder at one or both of the Bit Brigade/Double Ferrari shows so OHP has been really slacking, but the other day I was able to crunch 80 and the pain is all gone finally so I'm going to be adding weight to those each time I do them again and it should help my bench as well. I'm excited to put some numbers up on that because I am a full fledged leggy boi and my upper body sucks right now but it will get there.

0XLHr8N.pngPLeKsvM.jpgdRKoGUE.png

#3614 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 16,889 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:58 AM

if you're worried about your squat depth you should stop adding weight now until you're doing every rep with proper depth. lessen the weight if necessary. don't build bad habits to hit a certain goal because they will take forever to break (i.e. my squats).

#3615 Openium

Openium

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:45 AM

Ah man I was doing so well going to the gym and I've fallen off the wagon.  I've been adhering to my running and simple body weight exercises at home though.  I will be changing my schedule around to try gym in the morning and see if I can get that to stick

no exceptions

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users