sgy5Biv.gif

#3662 pIENESS

pIENESS

Casual Gamer D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:01 PM

Jesus Christ I’m ret 2 harden the fuck up the rest of January and so on. All this holiday + vacation eating. It’s okay... i Got this.

#3663 Smeg

Smeg

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

Same. I haven't lifted since I had to stuff my garage before the move. Finally got the rack set up at the new house and I'm ready to see how many gains I've lost :/

#3664 Maiko

Maiko

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:25 PM

I'm holiday chunky :( but started taking krav maga and eating decently again so hopefully.......not for long.......

0sOrjsY.png

#3665 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:53 PM

The last year has been spotty at best for me regarding diet and exercise, but towards the end of the year I started doing some casual weightlifting and then that took a backseat about 10 weeks ago when I decided I wanted to start running. I did the couch to 5k program and now I’m running a 5k three times a week. I’m old and heavy and I feel like a lead tank when I run, but it’s getting easier and I’m improving speeds, so that’s something.

#3666 KarlGerm

KarlGerm

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:26 AM

does anyone have any tips/resources for meal prepping based around a workout? I've been relatively consistent (spotty weeks/months here and there) with the 5x5 program I've been doing since last HTFUF and I feel like the biggest thing standing in my way of gains now is my shitty diet/eating schedule. I'd like to start meal prepping but it's a daunting task for me. I like to cook but with holiday/MAG craziness, I haven't had much time to cook anything.

I'm also thinking for HTFUF, I'm going to start Muay Thai, which is something I've wanted to study for over a decade now and have been thinking seriously about starting for months. So I want to get a better diet going and I think meal prep is the way to go

0XLHr8N.pngPLeKsvM.jpgdRKoGUE.png

#3667 Smeg

Smeg

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:12 AM

Same. I haven't lifted since I had to stuff my garage before the move. Finally got the rack set up at the new house and I'm ready to see how many gains I've lost :/

Set a 1 RM of 120 for overhead press. Not too shabby for six or seven weeks off :)

#3668 KarlGerm

KarlGerm

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:15 AM

yo, that is impressive as fuck. my OHP is absolute trash. I've been trying to tweak my workouts slightly to get it up, but the max I've been able to get 5x5 is 95. I can do more single rep ones but haven't really attempted a 1RM. You'll be at a plate 1RM in no time!!

0XLHr8N.pngPLeKsvM.jpgdRKoGUE.png

#3669 Smeg

Smeg

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:06 PM

247 1RM for squats. Got down good and low, and I already can't walk :/

#3670 jvincion

jvincion

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:30 PM

I just did a 36-hour water (and coffee) fast, and I dropped five pounds. It got a little ugly around hour 18, but I powered through it and I actually think it helped me sleep a little better.

Weight loss & better sleep? I'll take it!

#3671 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

I gained 7 pounds in 10 days this month, now I'm back at pre-parasite weight I'm afraid if I gain much more then eating will become a chore. I also need pro tips for making bachelor chow, I need a weekly ritual where I prepare meals in advance.

startrekanimated_zpsolyb2v0x.gif

#3672 Bano

Bano

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:41 PM

Chili is super easy and keeps for awhile, especially in the freezer!

Crockpot or stovetop works, baked too. Google for cooking times, but crockpot is obvi the longest...

Stovetop you can do it all in one pot, too.

3-4 cans beans (I like to mix different types cus it looks pretty)

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can tomato paste (optional, but I like that stuff)

.25 - .5 lbs meat (Hot Italian sausage is my favorite, but ground beef or turkey, or other cuts totally work. Or do it meatless.)

1 small onion, diced or bigger pieces, your call

a few cloves of garlic

1.5 to 3 tbsp chili powder

some pepper

salt to taste AFTER EVERYTHING ELSE

Brown your meat with the cut up onions thrown in. When the meat is brown and the onions translucent, just throw everything else in. Canned stuff first, including the liquid. Dry spices after. Heat it til it bubbles, then simmer for an hour or more. Add a little salt, taste it, add more if you need to. 

Enjoy over rice, on cornbread, by itself, whatever the fuck you want, because it's your beautiful meal.

Enjoy the toot-factory you used to call home/work

OPTIONAL GOODS

I like adding beef broth, and I add fresh hot peppers when I brown the meat. That'd also be a good time to add bell peppers, if you like.

A can of corn adds a nice texture, but don't use the liquid from it! That shit's too sweet...

Garlic and onion powders are good in chili, even in addition to fresh garlic and onions.

Pingo is pretty good at meal prep. I like to cook several times a week, but big portions give me lunch for the next day and possibly dinner. 

Oh, and cook rice in advance! Fried rice is pretty easy to make, and variations on what goes in it can keep it interesting. Day+ old fridge rice doesn't stick to the pan like fresh rice does. 

You can sub broth for the water when you cook it, too.

#3673 Smeg

Smeg

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:03 PM

I love good chili but am not someone you want to hang around if I have beans

#3674 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,526 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:33 PM

BANO I WANNA TRY YOUR COOKING

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#3675 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:17 AM

Bros, here's the secret to great home chili: add a small bar of semi-sweet chocolate. I know, I know. It sounds crazy, but I tried it and it's fantastic. Think of a typical Hersey's bar and use like, one quarter of it. You don't end up tasting it, it just adds that little extra something. 

BANDCAMP - Featuring my newest release, Maiden Voyage a tribute to the Star Ocean games
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users