3767 replies to this topic

#3736 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:22 AM

In my daily life I always run up stairs 2 at a time. It actually feels uncomfortable and more tiring for me to take them 1 at a time.

I thought it was just me!

#3737 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,128 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:35 AM

On Sunday I ran 11.3 miles averaging 9:04 each. I feel good about that! My legs were feeling very heavy toward the end. Five weeks to go until the half-marathon.

BANDCAMP - Featuring my newest release, Maiden Voyage a tribute to the Star Ocean games
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#3738 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,184 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:51 AM

i'm just over a week out from my meet. not sure how confident i'm feeling about putting up PRs on any of my lifts, but i'll feel things out between now & mid next week.
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#3739 angry_polar_bear

angry_polar_bear

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:19 PM

Just had my first session back in the gym after pretty much a year of no exercise. Now I have some motivation to not be extremely unhealthy when we’re on tour. Did some squats, light weight but I’m still afraid that I won’t be able to walk tomorrow.

#3740 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:27 PM

Just had my first session back in the gym after pretty much a year of no exercise. Now I have some motivation to not be extremely unhealthy when we’re on tour. Did some squats, light weight but I’m still afraid that I won’t be able to walk tomorrow.

Push up club in tour?

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#3741 angry_polar_bear

angry_polar_bear

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:55 PM

Push up club in tour?

Ugh, maybe? Push ups don’t agree with my wrists... but I can try

#3742 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 17,184 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:38 PM

try them on fists instead of flat hands. it sucks for your knuckles (til you get used to it, but then it still kind of sucks) but it reduces wrist strain / movement.

#3743 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,790 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:55 PM

I think pushups are over-popularized as an exercise because it's an easy thing to ask students and soldiers to do. The prevalence of push-ups in army movies just cements this phenomenon even further... I'm not saying don't do em, just,, there are additional things you can do.
Prior to learning new stuff from a trainer, I would be probably first do push ups, and sit ups if I was inclined to do some floor exercises, anyhow there's a bunch of floor exercises that are just as good. I've found it easier to keep up with an exercise routine now that I have a wider array of exercises to choose from because I get bored and distracted fast. 
https://www.youtube....h?v=Bmmd6FOcoxY

startrekanimated_zpsolyb2v0x.gif

#3744 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,381 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:01 PM

I broke a bone in my foot in Yosemite and then walked around on it for two weeks before going to the doctor because I was too busy. Now I'm in a boot and my doctor says to take it easy. Last time I was in a boot (late 2013) I put on a bunch of weight and was never really able to lose it. I have got to be careful now but damn there's a cake in the break room. 

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#3745 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:12 PM

I feel like a totally dummy for not getting a foam roller sooner. That thing is saving my life after heavy back and leg days. I need to look into more recovery methods tho, have been toast for days after lately and it has really been affecting my confidence..

shitty is now.

#3746 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 17,184 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:10 AM

fuuuuuuuck meet is tomorrow and i am nervous as hell.

i slacked off on training (especially squat) over the last two weeks, so i am not feelin my most confident.

my squat is well below where i wanted it to be so i am gonna have to go conservative at the meet.

my bench is pretty great and i think i should be able to put up a PR, if things go well.

my dead lift is strong, but i wasn't able to pull 500 last sunday so it cracked my fragile eggshell mind and i lost a lot of confidence. with dead being the last lift i'm sure i'll be a little beefed out, so i don't know how strong i'll br feelin.

also, the meet gym is not air-conditioned and its supposed to hit a hundo degrees with loads of humidity tomorrow, so this is probably going to get difficult.

#3747 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,194 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:28 AM

please dont poop your shorts

sgy5Biv.gif

#3748 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 17,184 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:34 AM

no promises, hon.

#3749 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,381 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:59 AM

Ah, a classic

poo.png

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#3750 brodan

brodan

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:50 AM

fuuuuuuuck meet is tomorrow and i am nervous as hell.

i slacked off on training (especially squat) over the last two weeks, so i am not feelin my most confident.

my squat is well below where i wanted it to be so i am gonna have to go conservative at the meet.

my bench is pretty great and i think i should be able to put up a PR, if things go well.

my dead lift is strong, but i wasn't able to pull 500 last sunday so it cracked my fragile eggshell mind and i lost a lot of confidence. with dead being the last lift i'm sure i'll be a little beefed out, so i don't know how strong i'll br feelin.

also, the meet gym is not air-conditioned and its supposed to hit a hundo degrees with loads of humidity tomorrow, so this is probably going to get difficult.

but at the end of it all I'll be there waiting with an ice cold Pabst Blue Ribbon Hard Coffee for you

Why the fuck cant I see when I close my eyes?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users