1274 replies to this topic

#1246 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,654 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:50 AM

I was gifted some cheese curds from a friend who got them at a university creamery. Apparently they sell stuff with fat content higher than allowed for general sales in the US.

Anyway, the obvious thing to make with them, poutine!

chnh5Bs.jpg

Apparently the gravy is tangier than what you might have standard with mash taters. The down side here is that the recipe I used was runnier than what I would have made free-hand. However, it was great!

Obligatory pupper pic:

BBa5NgS.jpg

banner.png

#1247 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:07 AM

That look Murphy is giving is cracking me up.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

sig_2.png

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com

#1248 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

i got some kind of defective potato the other day. i like to bake a few red skin potatoes to have with my pork chops, and 2 of them were perfectly fine but the third was like a rock even after an hour in the oven with his brothers. i am still perplexed

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#1249 Maiko

Maiko

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

oh my god, I think all of us are feeling like Murphy rn

feeed meeee

0sOrjsY.pngGec9ADa.png

Chop is exceptionally cute 

#1250 JoeMusashi

JoeMusashi

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

One one hand, poutine and Murphy is a winning combo any time. On the other hand, have the same plates and I hate them so much. They don't fit right in drying racks and it drives me nuts
mercatfat: no, man
circumcision has WAY better aerodynamics

mercatfat: it's like, you're driving an Element
and I'm in an Audi TT

#1251 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:24 PM

I made some breakfast sandwiches and I'm never going to make another goddamned FB recipe ever again, at least none from fucking Buzzfeed or have TASTY at the end of the video. 

Spoiler

The sandwich, after I got it into an edible form, was fine. I ate it with some Jalapeno ketchup, because I need more excuses to use Jalapeno ketchup, because I love it. I'm still concerned about how most of the calories comes from butter and cheese (mine are around 412 calories per sandwich, theirs is WAY more) so, if I ever make these stupid things again, I'm going to tweak them even more. 

#1252 Serena

Serena

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:25 PM

I made a pizza ^^

(olives, jalapenos, diced tomato, garlic/oregano)

gLTayfN.jpg

typeracer profile / stream

~ dreaming of white noise ~

#1253 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:56 AM

They just wanted salt and pepper for seasoning but 2 teaspoons of salt !?!? What ? That seems...off...BUT WHAT DO I KNOW I'VE NEVER DONE THIS THEY KNOW BETTER THAN ME and the giant 10 egg brick turned out to be SHOCK OF ALL SHOCKS, over salted, to the point of being absolutely inedible. This time I put in 1/2 teaspoon of salt and it turned out just fine even maybe a little too salty because HELLO DIPSHITS, WE'RE ADDING MORE SALT LATER VIA BACON OR SAUSAGE OR HAM WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD YOU NEED SO MUCH SALT IN THE EGGS TO BEGIN WITH FOR FUCKS SAKE !?!? 

Could it be they're assuming you're using Kosher salt and you're actually using table salt?

https://youtu.be/XGCY9Cpia_A?t=83

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#1254 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:52 AM

breakfast sandwich issues

You could just buy 10 egg McMuffins from your local McDonalds, freeze them, and then heat them up as needed, one per day. They're only 300 calories.

large rob zombie picture, music, video goes here. "Yeah"

#1255 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

They just wanted salt and pepper for seasoning but 2 teaspoons of salt !?!? What ? That seems...off...BUT WHAT DO I KNOW I'VE NEVER DONE THIS THEY KNOW BETTER THAN ME and the giant 10 egg brick turned out to be SHOCK OF ALL SHOCKS, over salted, to the point of being absolutely inedible. This time I put in 1/2 teaspoon of salt and it turned out just fine even maybe a little too salty because HELLO DIPSHITS, WE'RE ADDING MORE SALT LATER VIA BACON OR SAUSAGE OR HAM WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD YOU NEED SO MUCH SALT IN THE EGGS TO BEGIN WITH FOR FUCKS SAKE !?!? 

Could it be they're assuming you're using Kosher salt and you're actually using table salt?

https://youtu.be/XGCY9Cpia_A?t=83

That's quite possible, although, checking the recipe again, it just says "salt," so if they wanted me to use a specific kind that doesn't fuck everything up, they should state that in the recipe, because why the fuck wouldn't you, especially if it had the effect of doubling salt needed ? 

That video is also why I love British Baking; they weigh pretty much everything and going by weight is way more exacting and easier. 30 grams of salt will always be 30 grams of salt, regardless of type.

You could just buy 10 egg McMuffins from your local McDonalds, freeze them, and then heat them up as needed, one per day. They're only 300 calories.

Yeah but I can get the calories down if I want to and the other thing is it can be done cheaper than they can offer. Their egg mcmuffin is over three dollars and I'm pretty sure making them yourself doesn't cost that much. I'm pretty sure I didn't spend 18+ dollars on materials for them, and yeah, maybe not much savings, but it's something. I also hate McDonalds so giving them money isn't something I even want to do.

Spoiler

I'll probably not make these again as they have gotten less enjoyable as the week went on. 

#1256 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

i feel like if you cut out the egg part you could easily just have 6 of these in your freezer ready to go

however, i am not sure what kind of bacon costs #2.50 for that much? decent bacon is expensive which is why i avoid it.

FOLLOW NOW

#1257 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:59 PM

I buy whatever is on sale whenever I can, and for bacon this time (okay, all times) it was just a generic brand of Turkey bacon, which had around 18 slices in it. Regular bacon is much more so I avoid that as well plus turkey bacon is "healthier" for you. 

Wouldn't taking out the egg kind of defeat the whole point of the sandwich though ? Especially from a nutritional standpoint ? It would cut cost and hassle but...at what cost.

#1258 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

Bacon is ridiculous $$ at the regular grocery store. This is under $12 for 3 pounds and is the best bacon I have ever eaten. 

20151025-2.jpg

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#1259 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:57 PM

Turkey bacon is not really better for you...they add a shit ton of salt. It's a scam brah

FOLLOW NOW

#1260 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

Turkey bacon is not really better for you...they add a shit ton of salt. It's a scam brah

...plus turkey bacon is "healthier" for you. 

I know  :P

The right amount of bacon in an average diet is zero, regardless of type. Same can be said for cheese. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users