998 replies to this topic

#991 Czyszy

Czyszy

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:05 AM

On Polish TV, they're currently airing an absolute trainwreck of a show called Korona Królów (The Crown of the Kings). I tried watching an episode of this but after some time the level of crap radiating was so high I couldn't watch the entire thing. Basically it's a soap opera set in medieval Poland. Aside from the totally cheesy sets and costumes and all that jazz, the acting is on a school play level, there're no interesting characters and the plot's pretty dispensable. I originally expected this to be at least laughably bad but it turned out to be very dull.

KoronaKrolow_fot2_655.png

Spoiler

#992 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:08 AM

My buddy is trying to get me into Wormwood.  Haven't actually tried it yet.  Any of you guys?

#993 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

On Polish TV, they're currently airing an absolute trainwreck of a show called Korona Królów (The Crown of the Kings)....

I thought for some reason that you were from Russia, but are you in Poland? If so, you might be the closest shizzie to me. I'm only an hour or so from the border. 

#994 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Shizz Boss

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,945 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:27 AM

Have started to watch Dark.  Really good, seeing similarities to Lost and Donnie Darko. 

Bummer, I was pretty interested in it until now. 

This is actually a better description. Base your interest on it.

(ack why is it impossible to edit shizz posts?)

Have started to watch Dark.  Really good, seeing similarities to Lost and Donnie Darko. 

Bummer, I was pretty interested in it until now. 

This is actually a better description. Base your interest on it.

Ha yeah that and "Why don't Germans use umbrellas in the rain?"

Hehe, you mean this?

F6TeuD2.jpg

OK, I found a chart like I was looking for.

DO NOT VIEW THIS BEFORE WATCHING & FINISHING THE SHOW

DO NOT VIEW THIS BEFORE WATCHING & FINISHING THE SHOW

Posted Image

#995 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,870 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:16 AM

My buddy is trying to get me into Wormwood.  Haven't actually tried it yet.  Any of you guys?

I'm on episode 2.  Pretty good - a kind of part documentary, part dramatization.  Good stuff.

@ Ken Oh - yes!  Pretty funny.  I think I've identified exactly 2 people who use umbrellas.  Everyone else is just like ... eh rain, whatever.

Dark will make your brain work.  That chart is hilarious.

The Gemini Bells:

http://thegeminibells.bandcamp.com

And other stuff:

http://jamesmileshq.bandcamp.com/

Ruminations and other nonsense:

http://lastdelirium.blogspot.com/

#996 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:59 AM

Anyone watching X-Files this season? I had to watch a review video, was like "did they really do the trope that it was... yep. Yes they did."

I think Chris Carter and Tetsuya Nomura are competing to see who can have the most convoluted storyline.

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Visit http://lowpursuit.simplesite.com for my various internet hangouts

#997 weener

weener

Shizz Gawd

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

I started watching Alias Grace last night. Definitely intrigued. Has anyone seen it?

"This thing is vibrating like a $50 milkshake!"

#998 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,341 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

Anyone watching X-Files this season? I had to watch a review video, was like "did they really do the trope that it was... yep. Yes they did."

I think Chris Carter and Tetsuya Nomura are competing to see who can have the most convoluted storyline.

Yeah... It was interesting to learn CSM's real name, but:
A. They shouldn't have brought him back at all for the revival.

B. Do people still care about the mythology stories? I'm so fucking over it. Just gimme the monsters of the week. The only two episodes from S10 I liked were Were Monster (which was amazing) and Founder's Mutation (which was a passable weekly somebody-in-danger story).

And C: the hand waving of most of S10 is both annoying and gratifying at the same time. It's like, then what was the fucking point of that Season? mixed with oh thank jebus that's not the plot mixed with oh God that means we're in for just another convoluted mess.
BRAINMEAT - My original metal album on Bandcamp (free)
[size=2]SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#999 Ranger

Ranger

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:39 PM

The first two seasons of Andromeda are on Amazon Prime now.  I remember it airing late at night when I was in high school...it was one of the few shows I would actually watch at night, since I didn't have cable in my room.  I didn't remember much of it, just that I really loved it back then.  

It's so cheesy, but in the best way possible.  Acting is pretty good for a low budget series.  A lot of the plot lines remind me of TNG.  And apparently the main theme was composed by Alex Lifeson (I had no idea he even did that kind of thing).  I hope they put the last three seasons up.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users