urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 01:42 AM

Check it out:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y227322F5

Now the question is if I'll be able to afford it :)

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#2 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:21 AM

Quick, someone punch me in the face. :D

UAV3t1p.png

#3 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • 16,471 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:33 AM

Check it out:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y227322F5

Now the question is if I'll be able to afford it :)

Total droolage!

When I went to see Cabin Fever, there was a preview for a theatrical re-release of the almighty Alien...including the incorporation of deleted scenes, one of which seemed to involve one of the ship members in a cocoon

#4 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • 15,186 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:52 AM

call me critical, but it would be nice to hear james cameron's commentary and david fincher's especially, seeing how alien 3 was his first film. ah well, it pretty much has every other thing you could think of...

I broke down and watched Showgirls. Can anyone help me.

#5 Zephyr

Zephyr

Passion and warfare

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 08:47 AM

Pretty cool, but personally I don't think the last two are good enough to own. They were only so-so.
Posted Image

#6 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • 16,471 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 08:50 AM

Pretty cool, but personally I don't think the last two are good enough to own. They were only so-so.

True

#7 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 09:48 AM

Actually I thought the 4th one was pretty good, 3 was the stinker and 2 was better than 1 but 1 kicked ass.

UAV3t1p.png

#8 Guest_Badds_Party_*

Guest_Badds_Party_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2003 - 10:49 AM

On thing is for certain: I must have it!

They didn't mention it, so I'm wondering, will the Aliens DVD be the Special Edition with all the extra scenes or just the theatrical cut? One of the features in the Aliens set is a James Cameron intro to the "Extended Version."

Just wondering. It'd be dumb if it isn't the Special Edition, seeing how they stopped manufacturing the DVD.

#9 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 11:15 AM

Aliens is hands-down my all time favorite movie, and I don't think anything will ever come close to it imo, although T2 is up there.

I wish they'd just drop Weaver though, the series isn't about her; should have let her character stay dead in Alien3. Just read that they're trying to get her on for the next movie... <barf>

np: Dave Ross show

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#10 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 11:17 AM

On thing is for certain: I must have it!

They didn't mention it, so I'm wondering, will the Aliens DVD be the Special Edition with all the extra scenes or just the theatrical cut? One of the features in the Aliens set is a James Cameron intro to the "Extended Version."

Just wondering. It'd be dumb if it isn't the Special Edition, seeing how they stopped manufacturing the DVD.

it's suppose to have both cuts of the movie.

I only saw the long version once, and I'm not sure if it really added to the movie at all

that reminds me, I still have yet to see the long version of The Abyss

np: Dave Ross show

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#11 Guest_Badds_Party_*

Guest_Badds_Party_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2003 - 11:41 AM

it's suppose to have both cuts of the movie.

I only saw the long version once, and I'm not sure if it really added to the movie at all

Ah, coolness. Having the option to play one or the other is nice. More than likely, I'll never play the theatrical cut... but the option is nice to have, no? :D

The extended Special Edition adds, if anything, a whole bunch more exposition. Personally, I feel the additions help the movie, rather than burden it (the reasoning, which got the scenes cut from theaters and initial video releases). The extended version mentions the death of Ripley's daughter, making her 57 years of hypersleep a little more than just a plot device and an excuse for higher-tech; the company's verdict is supplemented with their findings and reasoning; we find out how the aliens make it to the colony in the first place and see Newt's family unit, plus we get to see a small glimpse of colony life; we see more of the marines and the Sulaco, as well as the alien life-cycle explained. There's more than that, too.

Above all, though, THE SENTRY GUNS!

#12 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 11:49 AM

Fuck Aliens 5, bring on some AvP baby!

UAV3t1p.png

#13 Guest_Bluesman82_*

Guest_Bluesman82_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2003 - 08:57 PM

I got the Alien 4-disc box set for Christmas last year. Great stuff. I would never buy something as expansive as the 9 disc set though...

My general rule of thumb is that if the special features take longer to peruse than the movie takes to watch, its just filler. That and c'mon, its Aliens, not Citizen Kane. How great can the commentary be...

#14 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,704 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 09:25 PM

Hmmm...I already got the Special Edition of Aliens on DVD and I need Alien on DVD. Im' not too keen on the last two Alien movies...

#15 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:12 PM

Hey, so the 5 disc Blu-Ray comes out any day now. If someone picks it up, post your thoughts

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users