Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:23 PM

Fuck Aliens 5, bring on some AvP baby!

ah 2003...
so innocent

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

#17 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,572 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:30 PM

I actually picked up both AvPs on DVD a couple of weeks ago. Were only $2 each. Been meaning to see AvP 1 again since reading that James Cameron really liked it.

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#18 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:35 PM

lol cus it makes his even more untouchable

and it incorporates environmental consciousness or something
he likes that stuff

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

#19 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 13,038 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

I love Alien. Such a good goddamn movie. I definitely won't be buying this set, though.

toopunk2lose.png

#20 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

I love Alien. Such a good goddamn movie. I definitely won't be buying this set, though.

Agreed.

BRAINMEAT (and POWER METAL CHIPS) - My original metal and chiptune albums on Bandcamp (all free/name your price)
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#21 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,654 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:59 PM

Now that it's been out 7 years, it might be pretty cheap.

btw
<3 Alien
<3 Aliens
don't <3 the rest...
Reading: "Don Quixote" by Cervantes

#22 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,572 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:09 PM

The Alien 3 workprint edit or whatever it's called is actually is pretty good

Watched Resurrection again a couple weeks ago, still not quite sure what to make of it. What an odd film. Damn French.

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#23 themonk3y

themonk3y

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:25 PM

Hahaha wow, this is only $20 on Amazon now. I remember it being much more than that even in the DVD section of EB Games.

PROVE IT ASS BUTT

#24 Norrin_Radd

Norrin_Radd

The Boob Whisperer

• Members
  • 13,117 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:25 PM

Alien 3 was still awesome. It just reeks too much of mid 90s, but don't let that ruin it for you. Ripley still had such an awesome character in it, and so did a lot of the inmates.

NorrinRadd22 at gmail dot com
https://twitter.com/Norrin_Radd22
http://mattcreameraudio.com/
Matt Creamer on Facebook

#25 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

not to mention the absolute artistic beauty in every shot

curious, why is the workprint good?

#26 OptimusFunk

OptimusFunk

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

I never got the DVD collectors set, I think I will nab the Blu-rays though. Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3 all stuck with me as a kid I actually didnt appreciate the first one till I was older. I still remember the brithday party I was at when we all got to rent a film to watch and the parents had a debate if Aliens was too scary for us(this was probably 1994) but we convinced them to let us get it. I was scared shitless as we watched it but I absolutely loved it and proceeded to watch all of them from that point on. Also, at the party the host had ET the game, Aliens wasnt as terrifying as that game was.
Posted Image

#27 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,572 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:17 PM

curious, why is the workprint good?

I thought it told a better story, I'd have to go back and check but it had a ton of new/different footage. Almost feels like a different film. Definitely a awesome bonus I didn't expect.

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#28 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • 16,471 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:59 AM

Alien 3 was still awesome. It just reeks too much of mid 90s, but don't let that ruin it for you. Ripley still had such an awesome character in it, and so did a lot of the inmates.

Agreed, I used to hate Alien 3 but it really grew on me. I used to hate that Newt, Hicks and Bishop were just killed off right at the start of the movie, but it really just hammers home how much Ripley's life got fucked by those xenomorphs. It was sad, and bleak, but more in line with the overall statement of the series. I will say that it's infinitely better than the idea they originally had. 20 Queen Aliens vs. 20 dudes in Power Loaders? That would have been a mockery of one of the best scenes ever.

Oh, if you haven't seen the special edition of Aliens it's so fucking good.
Spoiler

See, that stuff in the spoiler is interesting...I clearly remember watching the VHS of the movie waaaaaaay back in the day when I was a kid (my father is a huge Giger and Alien fan) and all of that was already in it. My father was all like "look how smart the aliens are!!!" and then I had nightmares for years.

#29 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • 16,471 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:26 AM

I have a first run of the Alien Giger book: http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/1883398088

Well, it's my father's and it's all in German but I remember poring over every page with fascination and horror, there's so much beautiful and disturbing artwork.

I also remember hearing my father talk about how the Alien could cocoon humans and keep them alive for later uses and how that scene was cut from the movie...never saw it until I ran across it on Youtube...the poor Captain :(

I'm still haunted by the scene with Lambert and Parker, seeing the Aline move around Lambert with its tail, followed by the horrible screams/panting...ugh ugh ugh, I'm STILL not sure what the fuck is going on

#30 Gurthang

Gurthang

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:53 AM

I got this set as a gift some years ago and I have to second the Alien 3 love going on for some in this thread. The feeling of hopelessness is overwhelming. Not like the claustrophobia/paranoia in the first one but something entirely different. It's so depressing and heavy but Ripley just keeps on going. I even like Alien Resurrection just because it's so different from the rest of them. Wynona Ryder is kind of annoying in it though.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users