Nil_Failstorm

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:14 AM

Well, I closed the deal this afternoon. I am the new owner of:
The Derby Grill & Pub

It's on the southeast corner of Guadalupe & Rural in Tempe. Same complex as Little Caesar's Pizza and Lady Luck Tattoo.
Great setup. Full kitchen. Smoking/drinking patio. There's already a small existing stage. Previous owner says it can hold 5-man bands. No house PA yet.

For now though it has to stay exactly how it is (your average corner bar with a bunch of tv's for sports) until I get the permanent liquor license in place, which takes 60-90 days. But I'll go get the interim permit tomorrow which allows me to stay open and selling alcohol until then. Afterwards I have to get the entertainment license from the city which has to be voted on by the city council. Then I can change the name and start rearranging everything.
Posted Image

#2 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,441 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:43 AM

Is this the same building that was to be "The Haunted Castle?"

#3 thebiggameover

thebiggameover

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:12 AM

if you can get a per-ma-ment camcom vs snk 2 or street fighter alpha 3 arcade machine in there, i will make it a point to go there at least once a weekend for a beer or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 20.....

thebiggameover.png

my twitter

mohawk babies make me insane

#4 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:12 AM

Nice! keep us updated!

shitty is now.

#5 hunter

hunter

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:37 AM

that's pretty awesome... let us know how things flesh out...
Wii: 5897-7799-8236-4316
Xbox Live: hunterxaz
PSN: hunterxaz

http://www.hunterxaz...raid_to_die.mp3

#6 ladydemon

ladydemon

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

fuck yes. will you still do all-ages?
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
“You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve Albini? You just put your lips together and blow.”

#7 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

Well, I closed the deal this afternoon. I am the new owner of:
The Derby Grill & Pub

It's on the southeast corner of Guadalupe & Rural in Tempe. Same complex as Little Caesar's Pizza and Lady Luck Tattoo.
Great setup. Full kitchen. Smoking/drinking patio. There's already a small existing stage. Previous owner says it can hold 5-man bands. No house PA yet.

For now though it has to stay exactly how it is (your average corner bar with a bunch of tv's for sports) until I get the permanent liquor license in place, which takes 60-90 days. But I'll go get the interim permit tomorrow which allows me to stay open and selling alcohol until then. Afterwards I have to get the entertainment license from the city which has to be voted on by the city council. Then I can change the name and start rearranging everything.

congrats!!

#8 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:21 PM

i request a dart board.

#9 ladydemon

ladydemon

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

Aaron Burke should get a job with you. :ph34r:
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
“You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve Albini? You just put your lips together and blow.”

#10 Gaudustophe

Gaudustophe

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

i live down the street. this is my neighborhood bar. always my default haunt if i can't think of anything to do. and now it's a venue (or at least will be). i'm all giddy with glee.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

so if i go tonight, is it under your management? or is it just the deal that's closed?

ps - THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

#11 Mary

Mary

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:53 AM

Good on you for attempting to post the number of emoticons you truly feel, no matter what The Board "allows." :) :rolleyes: <_< :angry: :o :blink:
Love like you don't need the money, dance like you've never been hurt, and work like nobody's watching.

#12 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

get a piano. every club should have one. like in the old days. like, in the movie "Ray" with Jamie fox: some midget leading that blues playing blind kid got a knack for singing a love dirge, but i digress. a piano is essential. it's fun. for us folks having to many keyboards to play anyway and such. :ph34r:

#13 JAN HAVELOCK

JAN HAVELOCK

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

Is this the same building that was to be "The Haunted Castle?"

Kurt Havelock, known as Nil Failstorm, lost The Haunted Castle when the Tempe Liquor license wouldn't renew his liquor license. He got mad and he mailed a threatening letter to the media and now he is facing 5 years hard labor. Kurt is going to be sentenced on August 25th. He told me he has been on this sight and has many friends over 5 years. He asked me from prison to email his friends and plea with them to email a character letter about him to the public defender. So far I can't seem to find anyone willing to step up and help Kurt. Can you or any of your friends that have known Kurt over these last 5 years take 10 minutes to email a character letter to the public defender at Jeffrey_Williams@FD.ORG We need as many character letters emailed to the public defender this week because he will walk them over to the judge. We are praying the judge will just give Kurt psychological counseling and probation no more hard time. He has been in federal prison since superbowl day. please help. thank you

#14 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

moms don't know how message boards work, i guess.
I still don't have a signature.

#15 JAN HAVELOCK

JAN HAVELOCK

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

if you can get a per-ma-ment camcom vs snk 2 or street fighter alpha 3 arcade machine in there, i will make it a point to go there at least once a weekend for a beer or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 20.....

Do you know Kurt Havelock, known as Nil Failstorm. He has been a member on this board over 5 years. He was found guilty of mailing a threatening letter in the federal mailbox and will be sentenced on August 25th. We are asking all of Kurt's friends to email a character letter for Kurt to the public defender Jeffery_Williams@FD.ORG He will handcarry it to the judge before August 25th. We are asking for leniency for Kurt that he be given counseling and probation not 5 years. He has been in prison since Super Bowl Day. If you have know Kurt for several years on this sight and feel he should be given counseling and probation instead of more prison time please help him. thank you sincerely his mother

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users