380 replies to this topic

#31 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:02 PM

my fave doctor (sorry to all the purists) is the tenth, david tennant just did it for me, the ninth doctor was meh to me.

I think that my favorite, at this point, is Jon Pertwee. I thought that David Tenant did a great job, but his tenure was marred by awful plot from an awful producer. I also liked Christopher Eccleston, although I may be in the minority, there.

the eleventh is not dissapointing me at all, he's pretty decent, it helps that his companion is a total FOX!

Yeah, Rory is pretty great.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

#32 Lt. Dizzle!

Lt. Dizzle!

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

ha! i loved the plot lines in the last season.
Spoiler

with david tennant, as much as i loved rose my favorite season was with martha, i didn't like her at first but then she totally grew on me. it had a lot of trademark doctor who 'wtf' moments. lol.
Posted Image

#33 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

A lot of Bill and Ted moments in this last season, to be sure. But I thought that it was great, and I can't wait for the next season to hurry up and happen already.

Not sure how I'll watch the next season, but never mind that now.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

#34 Lt. Dizzle!

Lt. Dizzle!

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:24 PM

yeah, i had to wait for the dvd to come out and download it, cuz its not even on netflix (disc only ugh) i guess when the new season starts i'll do the "walking dead" treatment and just download each ep the day after it comes out.
Posted Image

#35 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:33 PM

I was introduced to Tom Baker first so that could be why he is my all time fav. I loved his crazy scarf as a kid and always wanted one growing up.

I remember as a kid watching the episode where he regenerates into Davison, I was crushed, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was quite heartbreaking actually and didn't truly appreciate Peter Davison until years later.

k-9 was also my favorite sidekick next to Leela (rowrrrr)

David Tennant is second on my list and sadly haven't seen any of the newer episodes with #11
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#36 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 12,715 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

Recently started watching the series. Onto season 2 of the reboot.
Watched a couple of Torchwood too. They're just OK.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#37 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,481 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:50 PM

I used to watch Dr. Who religiously.

When I was 12.
yBnV8YD.png

#38 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,362 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

Matt Smith was awesome. THERE I SAID IT!

Can't wait for the next season. This last one was awesome except "The Vampires of Venice" that was REALLY sucked.

toopunk2lose.png

#39 quatermass

quatermass

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

holy shit, i didn't know this place was here!

i <3 doctor who! (if you haven't noticed my avatar on xbl)

my fave doctor (sorry to all the purists) is the tenth, david tennant just did it for me, the ninth doctor was meh to me. the eleventh is not dissapointing me at all, he's pretty decent, it helps that his companion is a total FOX!

The 10th doctor is mad overrated, he can't act, he's got too much energy and I never buy into his intelligence. The 9th doctor I think got dealt a pretty poor hand, but his energy was much more interesting and he had more edge to him. Of the new doctors, the 11th is by far the best one. Finally it's the return of Doctor Who, not RTD's Doctor Who. I was so pleased that he was leaving the show, I never felt like we were watching Who, only a shitty revisionist version with no heart.
Posted Image

#40 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:34 PM

this makes me want to see the new guy that much more, cause I really had no interest previously.

this is good to hear, and will have to watch.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#41 Lt. Dizzle!

Lt. Dizzle!

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

Can't wait for the next season. This last one was awesome except "The Vampires of Venice" that was REALLY sucked.

i really liked matt smith, i really REALLY enjoyed the vincent van gogh episode, it was aight til the end, that was POWERFUL, almost cried, no joke. the vampire one was lame. the first episode was brilliant, i love how they did this "who are you?" "i'm the doctor :D " thing

but david tennant is still my favorite. specially that episode "human nature" where the doctor doesn't know who he is til the end and then we find out why. i loved that.
Posted Image

#42 quatermass

quatermass

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

i really liked matt smith, i really REALLY enjoyed the vincent van gogh episode, it was aight til the end, that was POWERFUL, almost cried, no joke. the vampire one was lame. the first episode was brilliant, i love how they did this "who are you?" "i'm the doctor :D " thing

but david tennant is still my favorite. specially that episode "human nature" where the doctor doesn't know who he is til the end and then we find out why. i loved that.

Human nature was easily one of his best eps and Matt Smith's Vincent ep was a real tear-jerker. Even the emotional musak they played at the end really brought it home. Despite not being that science fiction, it was a big highlight for that season. The next season better get retarded. I would love to see a 'multiple doctor' episode and bring back Paul McGann, I think that would be cataclysmic.
Posted Image

#43 Lt. Dizzle!

Lt. Dizzle!

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

lol. the "christmas special" when david tennant turned into matt smith was a tear jerker, after that shit ended i started pacing around the house, smoked a cig, i was shaking, when he goes "i don't wanna go" i was "I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO EITHER :(

my favorite 11th doctor episode so far was the two part episode with the weeping angels, that shit blew me away
Posted Image

#44 quatermass

quatermass

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

lol. the "christmas special" when david tennant turned into matt smith was a tear jerker, after that shit ended i started pacing around the house, smoked a cig, i was shaking, when he goes "i don't wanna go" i was "I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO EITHER :(

my favorite 11th doctor episode so far was the two part episode with the weeping angels, that shit blew me away

I was the exact opposite with that episode. I couldn't wait for it to end. The whole 10+ minutes where Tennant visits everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY ever was retarded. I found it distasteful. When Tom Baker left, he just dies. I don't hate Tennant, I just think the direction they're moving into is more in line with the old Who, which pumps me up.
Posted Image

#45 Lt. Dizzle!

Lt. Dizzle!

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

oh man really? i loved that part! kind of "where are they now" kinda thing. i guess the tenth doctor was aimed more at a diff audience, and the new doctor is aiming more towards the old school crowd and tennant fans.

btw,

bowties ARE cool.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users