260 replies to this topic

#256 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,401 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:37 PM

No buzzing if the audio cable is disconnected.

No buzzing if the Interface's USB cable is disconnected.  Yes buzzing if the interface's power is disconnected, but the USB is still connected.

Yes buzzing, no matter which output of my interface the speaker is connected to (there's output 1,2,3,4 on the back).  I'm not sure what other source I could try.  I mean, I plugged a dynamic mic into it, no buzzing, but in that case it's not connected to the graphics card any more, anyway.

It's a Focusrite 6i6 USB interface.  I've tried every USB port on my computer, back and top.

#257 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:04 AM

I've had instances where the internal PC operations have created interference in my speakers, but only when I've been routing the PCs onboard audio through the speakers, these situations piss me off the most. Since it's only in that speaker I'd venture to say there might be something wrong with the input jack on the speaker, balanced cables solve this exact kind of noise, so maybe it's the connector on the balanced input that's got a cold solder joint, did you try a different connection on the same speaker? Lots of speakers will give you RCA, Balanced TRS and XLR inputs, I'd try them all and see wassup.

amTr0fm.png

#258 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,401 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:17 PM

So I'm using the XLR in to my speaker.  I just tried the 1/4" in, and with some jiggling I think I did get it to go away.  But that necessarily required a different cable, so it's not the best test.  

It's almost unnoticeable right now.  I swear it's changing day to day.  I dunno I guess I'll try another cable, and possibly opening up my speaker and interface if it gets too annoying again.

#259 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:14 AM

plz fckng help!

I pulled a hard drive out of my old NAS to get it working in windows, and it's been destroying my poor little butthole all morning. It's a 3TB drive but Windows only sees 750gb, so I take it into Linux to see what's up, there is an empty chunk of 2TB space that's just sitting there without any partition. if I create a partition table on it the entire partition structure resets and the only thing Linux sees is that same 750gb GPT partition Windows sees. Formatting the drive only shows the 750gb, Fdisk, Gdisk, and Gparted all only see the 750gb partition unless I put it back in the NAS and have it reformatted to the NAS's specs, then I can see the empty 2tb space but if I try to do anything to it, same thing repeats. I can see the RAID partitions too, but deleting them does the same thing. I'm trying to find the manufacturers diagnostic tools but if I can't wtf can I do to reset the entire structure of this thing?

amTr0fm.png

#260 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 10:46 AM

Ok I fixed it! I was unable to do anything even with a deep/low level format, but what I was able to do was track down an old obsolete manufacturer diagnostic tool to check the firmware and health of the drive, it let me see that there was a faulty MBR partition that no OS could see, so I deleted it, cleaned the drive and now it works properly.

I guess it's time I hung this old NAS up to dry... either that or get some older drives that are from around that period and use those in it.

amTr0fm.png

#261 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,401 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:11 PM

THESHIZZ

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users