682 replies to this topic

#16 bucky

bucky

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:05 PM

am i looking into this too much? yes. does one track order look better than the other? let me know. i need feedback here
i know some people would just decide on their preferred order and not think twice about it. i wish i was like that

hahah yeah I'm the same way. I think it just depends on how you feel like doing it for each game.
Right now I'm debating on in-game order of appearance or soundtest order of appearance for one...

#17 bucky

bucky

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:17 PM

went with soundtest...
conquest of the crystal palace

#18 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,340 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:02 PM

ooh i forgot i had an account there. i guess i'll just add my NSFEs to the same place, bucky

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#19 Kirby Pufocia

Kirby Pufocia

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:37 PM

I fixed up Zoda's Revenge a little per suggestions.

Also, Startropics is completely named and ordered, I just need to fill in track times for everything that loops (a little less than half of the soundtrack actually) and that'll be good to go.

Edit: Also is anybody interested in maintaining a NSFe archive once we get enough games in tow to smother an underdeveloped nation?

(PS I am calling Deja Vu, Uninvited and Shadowgate if nobody else already started them)

#20 bucky

bucky

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:24 AM

Edit: Also is anybody interested in maintaining a NSFe archive once we get enough games in tow to smother an underdeveloped nation?

Slick Productions already has a nice looking page! Might as well just contribute there. Combined efforts ftw!

I already suggested to Matt sending bulk updates (every 20-ish we get done?) to them every now and again.

#21 Kirby Pufocia

Kirby Pufocia

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:42 PM

Okay Deja Vu, Shadowgate, Uninvited and Startropics are all done, and Zoda's Revenge has been fixed.

All found in one convenient Zip file.

Black people.

Attached Files

#22 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:41 AM

Slick Productions already has a nice looking page! Might as well just contribute there. Combined efforts ftw!

I think their quality control is balls.
panic-dance.gif
This is no place for a horse.

#23 Kirby Pufocia

Kirby Pufocia

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:51 AM

Shit, lighten up. As long as Shizzies are the main contributors, quality control is a non-issue.

#24 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,340 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:30 PM

i agree. do you mind if i take your attachments and throw them up on housethegrate.com with mine and bucky's?

btw, your sig is giving me the urge to go outside and kick our horse in the dick

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#25 bucky

bucky

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:45 PM

dude I wish for animal revenge.
I want that dude's balls to get stepped on by a horse.

Kilu, I'm curious to see what you think. I've only downloaded random soundtracks, and I've mostly been happy. Do you have an issue with some of the stuff they put up or the opposite-- what they (might) refuse to put up?

We could put everything up on houses's ftp anyways. That's one place I know we probably won't overstay our welcome with bandwidth and space (unlike using his space for my blog... still figuring that out... THANK YOU HOUSE :wub:), because these files are TINY.

#26 Kirby Pufocia

Kirby Pufocia

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:14 PM

i agree. do you mind if i take your attachments and throw them up on housethegrate.com with mine and bucky's?

btw, your sig is giving me the urge to go outside and kick our horse in the dick

By all means do both.

#27 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:21 AM

Kilu, I'm curious to see what you think. I've only downloaded random soundtracks, and I've mostly been happy. Do you have an issue with some of the stuff they put up or the opposite-- what they (might) refuse to put up?

Some of the stuff in there is just incomplete, either missing a lot of tags, times or fades. Quick glance for the obvious stuff; 1943: The Battle of Midway(no fades, couple times), Dragon Quest(no fades, has like one time), Madara (no tags or fades) and Snow Bros (no times or fades). These are just the ones I could spot from my playlist, there are more.

They probably accept updated sets (I mean, they should, right?), but it just drives me nuts that people start to work on a set and then leave it unfinished.

Additionally, I don't particularly like the inclusion of original works or covers.

Which is why I was going to get my own site going with my brother, to do it the way I want.
panic-dance.gif

#28 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,340 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:25 AM

i definitely agree with you about that. the inconsistency of that archive is very headinhands, and now i'm planning on going through them all to see what i can fix

#29 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:11 PM

http://beerlake.net/nsfe/nsfes.zip

Here's all I have on me right now, it has updated sets for all that I have on slick, had to make a few fixes here and there, and couple other sets too. Jarska is my brother, I expect few more sets from him at some point. The Hebereke set was originally his, but I fixed couple things in it. Mega Man 5 has couple tracks more now, the nsf I used back then had the title screen music and protoman whistle cropped, for example, so it needed an update. Chip n Dale set has pretty much the same track titles than the one at slick by someone else, I just couldn't come up with anything original. My set is is longer by a minute or so.

And stuff.

Batman - Kilu
Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers - Kilu
Excitebike - Kilu
Hebereke - Jarska & Kilu
Mega Man 5 - Kilu & Jarska
Rush'n Attack - Kilu
Solstice - Kilu
TMNT - Kilu
TMNT2 - Kilu
Tom & Jerry - Jarska
panic-dance.gif

#30 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,340 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:45 PM

thanks dude. this is growing to a decent size already. does anybody want to claim some games before i start going through another batch?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users