787 replies to this topic

#751 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:19 PM

MrNorbert, I've been meaning to ask - are there any more links I could add to the OP, as far as NSFE resources go?

I have WiiGuy's dropbox and your site. If there are additional notable places where new rips are being released or archived, I would love to know about them.

Martha Kent original anti baconator

#752 MrNorbert1994

MrNorbert1994

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:52 PM

Not any more that I know of, unless you want to link nesdev's NSF thread where we place the some new rips separately every so and often.

My website's index.html changes whenever I release the new archive pack.

Download the latest batch, and search for a .txt file !Changelog!

This is a bigass text document what I started to make a few months ago. It pretty much tells when I worked with some previously existing NSF files  and how and in what form did it was updated.

I suggest to look the frame counter writed ones, since those are what are in the best condition, plus they sound as close as it would sound ingame.

There is still a LOT and LOT of rips that doesn't have any init frame counter writes which makes them choppy and unfaitful what they supposed to sound like.

If you use headphones, you can hear in most rips how the frame counter makes a thicker sound to games that usuall put a lead into the triangle channel.

The best examples I could give you is in some of my Konami rerips, like Castlevania or Contra.

Try listening my rip and the Zophar or any other place ones. They are going to sound pretty differently.

#753 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • 7,565 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:23 AM

I am now depressed that my local NSFE folder is full of bad rips missing init frame counter writes and I've been listening to a lie. Might as well plug my NES into a Line 6 DL4 and die in a pit; make my epitaph "Not Canon", please.

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#754 MrNorbert1994

MrNorbert1994

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

Zophar, Akumu archives and josh archives are now a definition of LIE. :P

I updated the archive a few hours ago, so the changelog TXT is now in a more detail. :P

Also.... question!

Who would be interested if I'm about to generate a proboards based forum for my NSF shit, for error repors or just talking about things in general?

#755 bucky

bucky

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,412 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:46 PM

Who would be interested if I'm about to generate a proboards based forum for my NSF shit, for error repors or just talking about things in general?

Hmm, how would you feel about managing a discord instead? Prefer the forum format to keep topics more organized? I feel like it could probably do well enough with a few different channels in discord, but I understand if you don't prefer that. But I think it's easier to get people to join a discord (since people often already have a profile for posting in other servers) than create a new profile on a new website.

#756 MrNorbert1994

MrNorbert1994

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:55 PM

Not that I don't prefer that, but forums are I think a bit more organized than IRC channels or chat programs, plus, they have the ablity to access it even in the worst possible situations, like what I'm experiencing now:

HDD crashed, has a ton of bad sectors, I have to back up it immediately or else all of my data and ripped doucmens will be toasted forever.

I'm currently on a live CD with a very basic version of Linux Mint, and I can't work in this environemt, since I have to re-set everything when I close the PC down.

Bummer. :P

#757 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:02 PM

This has to be one of the nerdiest threads in this forum.

That's why I love this place.
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#758 MrNorbert1994

MrNorbert1994

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:32 AM

Wanted to add the Asterix NSF, but I still can't. :P

#759 MrNorbert1994

MrNorbert1994

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:46 AM

https://discord.gg/mNZnH23

I made a server for NSF error reports.

#760 MrNorbert1994

MrNorbert1994

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:44 AM

Ripped Taro's Quest, an unreleased Jaleco RPG game.

#761 MrNorbert1994

MrNorbert1994

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:07 AM

Hmm, how would you feel about managing a discord instead? Prefer the forum format to keep topics more organized? I feel like it could probably do well enough with a few different channels in discord, but I understand if you don't prefer that. But I think it's easier to get people to join a discord (since people often already have a profile for posting in other servers) than create a new profile on a new website.

And... there is barely any activity going on there, (just like this forum thread :P) when I was expecting much more to be honest.
I know there are only 1 thread only and no subchannels, but sincerely... I'm not planning to do a shitposting channel there or anything like that. :P

Anyways... if anybody still notices something that is wrong with the files, you know where can you find me.

#762 Skiptastic

Skiptastic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:02 PM

Random question: why is an NSF/NSFe file the entire NES soundtrack, but SPC files are only one song from the SNES game? Like, I want each SPC to be a playlist of the entire soundtrack, just like NSFe files are!

VWM6IHd.jpg

Dreamcast For Life - NFL2K and Forever
Xbox Live: PocketMobsters
D. Brown RIP

#763 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • 8,889 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:09 PM

Yeah, I can see advantages of both ways, but it is funny that there is no agreed standard.

banner.png

#764 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:19 PM

RSN's?

Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#765 Skiptastic

Skiptastic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:02 PM

RSN's?

Oh shit, I didn't realize those were a thing and NoiseES supported them! Thanks for the heads up!

Now if I could only find a collection like the NSFe ones here for RSNs...and their Genesis equivalents.

VWM6IHd.jpg

Dreamcast For Life - NFL2K and Forever
Xbox Live: PocketMobsters
D. Brown RIP

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users