4429 replies to this topic

#3901 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

there would be something gained if people have interest in whats going on. alex is freaking out at a wide range of people, and media outlets are starting to pick it up, but dropping the ball because of leaving out major aspects such as the death threats or anything else going on there. both destructoid and arstechnica ran articles on it in the last few days that they had to walk back. i gave an interview that will come out soon in a big article that will get into the actual facts. alex is overtly trying to spin a dishonest and frankly lie-filled narrative to try and hoodwink these news outlets who approach her, and its largely been working. she's burned some people by treating them horribly, and quite honestly its a wonder she hasnt wound up swatted yet. maybe the reason it didnt happen was because of some intervention on my part. i dont know.

I'd like to know what is happening but I don't care about it in the form of YouTube videos. A nice in depth article detailing the lead up to this happening and what is happening would be nice. And it would be nice to read it in a separate thread, since this thread is more for personal, meaning pertaining to yourself, than to what is happening to someone else, unless it does directly affect you.

#3902 jmr

jmr

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,436 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

...unless it does directly affect you.

Shawn is watching a (former?) good friend and musical collaborator of his continuously spiral downward, and every time it seems like she's at the bottom, she finds a new way to sink even lower, all the while trying to drag down other people with her. I'd say there's no question that it affects him (Shawn) in some way or another. 

That said pretty much all posts about it recently have been gossipy youtube videos, which doesn't seem in keeping with the spirit of this thread. Part of me thinks that a new thread would be a good idea, the other part of me thinks that all of the attention Alex is getting right now isn't helping anyone.

#3903 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,128 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

in as much as alex's actions impact a number of friends of ours in both emotional and financial ways, i agree that it either belongs in a different thread or 11:60 or somewhere that isn't the depression thread.

i feel like the depression thread is for shizzies to discuss their depression challenges, not entirely to discuss things that someone else is doing that is financially and emotionally depressing to other folks.  although just watching the whole thing burn down is saddening.

for a timeline summary of things - biased to an extent - this is one possible location: https://sirtaptap.co...zer-river-city/

but again, i agree that this is the wrong thread for the discussion and an actual thread for discussion also feels inappropriate.

norgstoof.jpg  charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif
SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK

never gtyrst a bigg btut and a smiel
that irl is POUISONNNNNNNN
-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

#3904 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Judge Dredd, Motherfucker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,245 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:32 PM

if this goes to court, i will likely have to testify against alex. this testimony, along with evidence, will likely put alex away for a long time. needless to say, im hoping this doesnt wind up being the case. if alex doesnt appear in court tomorrow, a default judgement is issued for imagos and then it goes to sentencing. i believe this is what is going to happen for reasons i cant get into here quite yet. throughout this, i have had to pick and choose my words very, very carefully, knowing what i can and cant say, while also trying to afford alex a modicum of dignity. with that said, i'll say what i wish in this thread about all this. i wouldnt wish what im going through upon anyone.

huh1.gif

#3905 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,524 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

I will listen to Blast Portable tonight.

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#3906 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Judge Dredd, Motherfucker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,245 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

https://nickmonroest...ex-mauer-storm/

here, read this. nick monroe took days and days to put this together when other outlets schlepped stuff together, he's a qualified writer. took the time to talk to me and maximo about it. its pretty long.

huh1.gif

#3907 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:12 PM

When did this thread change?  It used to be about shizzies being able to talk about things bringing them down.  Now it's just gossip hour.  I don't like the thought of people trying to post in here about real problems they're having and it getting buried under posts about this Alex Mauer stuff.  Just my $0.02.

I don't think it's fair to Shawn and others to characterize the discussion as "gossip hour". I don't recall if Alex Mauer was ever a user on this site, but her (ex?) wife was a brief member and Alex is definitely closely connected to current and former shizzies. I wholly agree that this discussion should probably move elsewhere on the site and anyone having other problems shouldn't be discouraged from posting them right here.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#3908 VikingGuitar

VikingGuitar

Ka and Ka-Tet

• Members
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

If that was out of line, I apologize.  I've never seen any of these people on the shizz before, and was basing it on the fact that the last number of posts were youtube links that seemed to just be spectating on a meltdown of a semi-public figure.  Shawn, I'm not trying to minimize any effect this might be having on you.

Good lord, the fucking

LogoNew-Ping_small2.png

Professional Audio Services - http://vikingguitar.com

#3909 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

I think all this talk is fine right here in this thread. It ABSOLUTELY is relevant to "social issues"

tumblr_l0w3iatftU1qzylvvo1_400.gifPopful_Mail_(Sega_CD)_34.gif

#3910 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,471 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:52 PM

Agreed; there are at least a couple of Shizzies here suffering from the ongoing Mauer ordeal, shawnphase being the foremost. I'd like phase and co to know that they've got people to talk to about how they feel, the longer this goes on. Even I'm sad about this stuff, and I never even knew Alex. I can't imagine what such close friends are feeling right now. :(

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#3911 LindaLindaLinda

LindaLindaLinda

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:01 PM

I need some positive vibes guys! My poor dog is sick and I guess at a BBQ a week ago he got into the trash and ate a piece of corn husk (Which I found out can be super harmful and can F' up your dogs intestines and digestive tract). He started poopin' blood a lot but seems to be in high spirits still. The vet says he might be able to pass it but if he doesn't it may led to x-rays and surgery. I'm pretty torn up about it but I'm hoping it'll pass through. 

#3912 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,471 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:51 PM

Oh goodness, Linda! :( Get well soon, pupper! The cure for all illness is in the guitar solo in this song:

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#3913 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:32 AM

I need some positive vibes guys! My poor dog is sick and I guess at a BBQ a week ago he got into the trash and ate a piece of corn husk (Which I found out can be super harmful and can F' up your dogs intestines and digestive tract). He started poopin' blood a lot but seems to be in high spirits still. The vet says he might be able to pass it but if he doesn't it may led to x-rays and surgery. I'm pretty torn up about it but I'm hoping it'll pass through. 

that's awful. all the positive vibes to you.

A couple of years ago my cat ingested a needle (my wife was sewing and the cat stole the needle from the box) and we had to take her to emergency x-ray and surgery. It took a couple of days of recovery, but made a full recovery.

so, yeah, it can happen, but there's hope!

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://tibone.bandcamp.com

#3914 Maiko

Maiko

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

omg Linda ;_; I hope he gets better soon, that's awful.
Chopin ate like 13 palm tree seeds a few years back and he had to get emergency gastric surgery because he couldn't poop or throw up, but he's all good now!

so no worries!! I'm sure it will be okay, the vet will know what to do and your pupper will be good.

Sending you guys love <3

0sOrjsY.pngGec9ADa.png

Chop is exceptionally cute 

#3915 KarlGerm

KarlGerm

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:27 PM

so by now I'm sure everyone heard the news about Chester Bennington. I know Linkin Park is low hanging fruit when it comes to making jokes about shitty bands, but the other night when I was hanging out with Robby, I was thinking of them randomly and posted a facebook status that said "Linkin Park has some killer fucking riffs and we all know it." Say what you want about that band and their music, Hybrid Theory and Meteora were really good albums.

Hybrid Theory was the first album I ever bought (after seeing a Teen Gohan Anime Music Video with In The End as the music) and it resonated with me as a kid who got bullied all the time and who felt like a loser and was always angsty. It helped me get through some shitty grade school years as lame as that may sound. I think angst is a precursor to depression and when someone who wrote music that helped you through a tough time in your developing years as a human being kills himself, it hits pretty fucking hard. I stopped caring about Linkin Park the older I got but still revisit those two albums fairly regularly and think they hold up. This news hurts more than I expected it to. And I feel like as someone who struggles with depression, no matter who it is, when you hear someone lost their life fighting it, it always hurts. It's always just a scary reminder of how heavy this shit is and how it can effect literally everyone.

I wanted to post today sending positive vibes to everyone and say how the Shizz has been a real light in my life since I joined a little while ago. And I wish everyone who posts in this thread didn't have to deal with depression or be sad or any of that stuff. And just give a gentle reminder that if anyone ever needs someone to talk to about anything, hit me up because I'll always be around to talk to someone who needs someone to talk to. Be kind to yourself, everyone. We're all in this shit together and we're all here for one another. Stay strong, homies.

0XLHr8N.pngPLeKsvM.jpgdRKoGUE.png

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users