4126 replies to this topic

#4126 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,958 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:40 AM

It's remarkable to me just how many people are going through hard times right now.  And those who aren't, seem to be living this incredibly happy picture perfect life.  

That's like a facebook fallacy man. Just because people appear to have perfect storybook lives doesn't make it true. I have a lot of good stuff in my life, but I also have lots of struggles. Most everyone has some kind of battle they're fighting, just some of them are more apparent than others. I have lots of days where I get into arguments with family, wonder why I'm doing my job, get stressed due to responsibilities and time constraints and wonder if I've made the right choices along the way - but I try to value what I've got and work towards what I want and it seems to be doing ok for me.

yeah, i KNOW how hard it is to do this in your own head, i've been there many times too. you have to forcibly remember most people have some struggle in their lives, but most people also have a normal brain and can handle it. there's very few people who are as happy as they try to seem outwardly. hell i've found that the "LOOK HOW MUCH FUN I'M HAVING AND ALSO MY GREAT LIFE' people are usually just as fucked up as us and are covering. people who are truly content with what they want in life tend to be less show-y about it. in relation to calling it a 'facebook fallacy' thats pretty spot on. i dont use FB, but i definitely unfollow people on twitter and IG who are (sometimes literally word for word) always posting pics of themselves 'having the best time ever'. i've actually seen some 'studies' regarding these types of things and, while i am loathe to trust 'social media studies', the breakdowns of 'people who only post pictures of themselves' vs 'people who post things they find interesting/ funny/ etc' kind of applies to the way i see people's outward vs inward mental health.

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#4127 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:52 AM

We have a song about this very issue, people presenting perfect perfection publicly while struggling in reality. That, and also the folks who do nothing but post about Jesus and how much they like Trump. 

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)