4416 replies to this topic

#4411 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,416 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:34 PM

I'm not depressed, but over the last few days I've gotten a lot of anxiety. For some reason I've started being too preoccupied with the inevitable passage of time and mortality. I dunno if it's a midlife thing since I'm hitting 40 this year or just living in today's America has gotten to me, but I'm trying to deal with it and get it out of my mind before I turn into Howard Hughes. I re-read some journals and it helped a bit, since the entries from just 4 years ago seem like ages ago.. but still, time passes too quickly sometimes.

Dude, I'm with you. I became a father 6 weeks ago and I turn 40 in a week (!!). That and work has been pissing me off lately. Lots of feels.

banner.png

#4412 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:15 PM

I'm not depressed, but over the last few days I've gotten a lot of anxiety. For some reason I've started being too preoccupied with the inevitable passage of time and mortality. I dunno if it's a midlife thing since I'm hitting 40 this year or just living in today's America has gotten to me, but I'm trying to deal with it and get it out of my mind before I turn into Howard Hughes. I re-read some journals and it helped a bit, since the entries from just 4 years ago seem like ages ago.. but still, time passes too quickly sometimes.

Dude, in with you. I became a father 6 weeks ago and I turn 40 in a week (!!). That and work has been pissing me off lately. Lots of feels.

Oh hey, other Shizzies who feel the claws of existential dread and the anxiety it feeds slowly scraping against their skin?

Hi friends!

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

sig_2.png

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com

#4413 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:03 PM

I’m pretty sure I’m immune to midlife crisis cus I feel as tho my life has already been way too long, but if I have one I want it to take the form of a scene phase. I missed out the first time around.

eKawlATs.jpg

#4414 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,513 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:22 PM

Yay, at least I'm not alone in my sense of dread. Ken-oh - I'm envious that you at least have a kid. My wife and I will be reapproaching that subject in a year for health reasons, but at least she's fully on board with it at that point. I'm still concerned about that given our ages (she's a few years younger), but it's our best plan for now.

I spoke with my parents for a while regarding the whole thing today - they said in their experience it's a fairly common thing for people to go through and that my older sister had the same thing. Talking to them helped some, but it's like there's still a little tiny dude in the back of my head going "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" whenever I'm not distracted with something else.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#4415 C.C. Z28

C.C. Z28

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:29 PM

I talked to a friend who is 45 about it in a bar bathroom while we were pissing and he was like, "I already DGAF"

You will control a battletoad

#4416 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • 7,481 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:31 PM

My brain's real fucked up

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#4417 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,118 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

I have existential dread all the time. Thanks to our current political climate and climate change especially; I try to keep it in check by just spending time with family, friends and doing things I want to do. I'm in a job that is very uncertain at this point but it's definitely leaning towards I should just get the fuck out of there. I'm trying to pursue my interests that I've been pursuing for however many decades now. I do take some hope in reading about people around my age or older who are just now getting to where they want to be in life. But it's still tough, because it really doesn't matter in the end. We're all just stardust on a rock orbiting a giant, continuous nuclear explosion.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users