#4426 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

tfw you know when you gotta do to rip yourself out of a deep one

but this one has got been hittin me so hard, ive been havin these nostalgic deja vus

been a 3 month plus dinger, sick of it

ive still been in this one.  it's an all timer

You're the fucking man Kirk, I'm sorry to see you stuck in a slump (I kinda am too). You're an incredibly cool dude to hang out with, I'm placing dibs on being your neighbor when one of us buys Shizz Island in the next couple years.

ClockTower_PSX_Clown9.gif

#4427 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,630 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

I like to agree with Mike that Kirk is in fact. The fucking man

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#4428 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

BTW my car got totaled and my back is fucked and I'm out of work until I get a new car (still waiting on all my insurance $$$ tho). It is depressing being woken up by pain at 4 AM every day on top of already being depressed @_@

ClockTower_PSX_Clown9.gif

#4429 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,976 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

Without getting into the minutiae of what’s been ruining my life lately, I’ve been listening to Crash Man several times a day for weeks and it’s actually some of the cheeriest minutes of every day

Dj5ZiPN.png

#4430 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,932 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

Kirk, I fucked up by not getting another hug from you. They're delishious and so are you.

banner.png

#4431 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:05 AM

v

sgy5Biv.gif

#4432 atomic-guy

atomic-guy

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:52 PM

So for about three years now I've been teaching group music classes for kids (little kids - babies through 5yo. - "mommy and me" style). I just heard that a 2yo boy from one of my classes is on life support and not likely to recover. He apparently had a seizure (the afternoon after my last class with him, no less) and then his organs began shutting down. His family has been with me for awhile and I'm having a hard time processing this. It feels like there's something I should be able to do, but I don't know what. I suppose the reality is there's nothing I actually can do. And the class he's in is such a friendly, loving group - I don't know how I'm supposed to handle this for them, as well.
Posted Image

and maybe even bring your lovable friend ratboy. or evilsonic, whatever his name is.

#4433 evilsonic

evilsonic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:11 PM

So for about three years now I've been teaching group music classes for kids (little kids - babies through 5yo. - "mommy and me" style). I just heard that a 2yo boy from one of my classes is on life support and not likely to recover. He apparently had a seizure (the afternoon after my last class with him, no less) and then his organs began shutting down. His family has been with me for awhile and I'm having a hard time processing this. It feels like there's something I should be able to do, but I don't know what. I suppose the reality is there's nothing I actually can do. And the class he's in is such a friendly, loving group - I don't know how I'm supposed to handle this for them, as well.

I hope this doesn’t sound cheesy, but you all have this shared connection with music... maybe that can be your way to share/celebrate/inspire. For what it’s worth (and this is immediate, unthought through reaction), reading your post made me think of “Here Comes the Sun.”

None of this is really a definitive solution, just grasping at straws to find comfort for something where there’s no comfort to be had.
Remember... No matter where you go... there you are.
-Buckaroo Banzai Adventures Across the Eighth Dimension

Posted Image

#4434 evilsonic

evilsonic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:14 PM

Sorry for double post... tell his family what their relationship has meant to you. I’ve had a lot of conversations with people and families about loss, and just letting them know that this means something to you will bring something positive to them.

Posted Image

#4435 atomic-guy

atomic-guy

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:56 PM

I suppose I should update. He passed away sometime on Saturday. We don't have further details right now, but there's still a lot to process. His seizure was the afternoon after our last class, which means that was one of his last experiences. And of course class still goes on this week. My boss and I emailed the other families to let them know ahead of time. We'll both be there for support as needed, but for the sake of the other kids class itself has to be as "normal" as possible. Most of them are too young to really process this sort of thing, at least in a large group setting. It's all so devastating.
Posted Image

and maybe even bring your lovable friend ratboy. or evilsonic, whatever his name is.

#4436 evilsonic

evilsonic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:32 AM

I’m so sorry, Brian.

Posted Image

#4437 KarlGerm

KarlGerm

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:15 AM

oh my god, I'm so sorry to hear that. that is so heart breaking. I agree that letting the family know what their relationship has meant to you is a good idea. My Dad lived a life of thinking everyone in the world outside of our family hated him. his funeral was packed and ran all night. we had so many people who we hadn't even met from his days as a postman who came up to us to tell us how much he meant to them and how great of a person he was. that gave us a lot of comfort and I think letting people know how their life has been influenced by someone else, even after their gone, can do a lot of good and bring some much needed positivity in the darkest times imaginable.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I wish there was something I could do or say beyond that, but there are no words for this sort of thing.

0XLHr8N.pngPLeKsvM.jpgdRKoGUE.png

#4438 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:47 PM

Been a couple of months now since I finished school and moved to a state in a different region of the country. Still haven't found work or made many local connections, and my social anxiety is ramping up the longer I stay cooped up at home. I reckon that's not an uncommon problem for folks of a nerdier persuasion, so does anyone here have any pointers for getting over it enough to return phone calls and talk to strangers like a normal human being?

#4439 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:43 PM

My advice would be "don't be afraid of fucking things up". You need to fail in order to learn and improve.
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#4440 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:06 PM

I mean thanks, but the defining quality of irrational anxiety is that you can't rationalize it away

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users