#4501 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,637 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:49 PM

Fifth'd!!!!!

Fourfth'd. I hope things get better soon. You're rad and we luv u.

Thirded ❤
I'm so sorry to hear that you've been going through so much, just know that we'll be here for you in any way we can

Seconded.

This year has been one of the worst of my life. One of my old best friends killed himself, I lost another very invested long-term relationship and many mutual friendships as a result, I lost my job, lost Sean of course, and today my schizo best friend completely turned on me over paranoid delusions and then threatened to kill me. I've been battling addictions to cope with all this, I'm going to lose my home in a couple months, and I have no idea what the hell I'm going to do next. It feels like my entire world has turned on me.
I quit drinking and I've been making more productive use of my time, but holy shit there's so many times when I'd just like to give up because my life feels so fucked up beyond repair. Anything I ever care about just ends up turning out badly and I'm at a loss for any strong desire to make things better for myself. I feel so defeated and alone.
I haven't lost all hope though, I just needed to vent some feelings. I've been thinking about this community a lot. I can't express how grateful I am to have had it apart of my life, and to have grown and shared experiences alongside you all. I've been through so much loss, but no matter what happens I just wanted to say I'm so lucky to always have this as my home and I love you all. Wish I could have been at Sean's memorial... Hugs

We love you, Serena

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#4502 angry_polar_bear

angry_polar_bear

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:19 PM

Sixth! We met super briefly at MagWest :) hopefully can have a proper conversation at the next opportunity!

Fifth'd!!!!!

Thirded ❤
I'm so sorry to hear that you've been going through so much, just know that we'll be here for you in any way we can

Seconded.

This year has been one of the worst of my life. One of my old best friends killed himself, I lost another very invested long-term relationship and many mutual friendships as a result, I lost my job, lost Sean of course, and today my schizo best friend completely turned on me over paranoid delusions and then threatened to kill me. I've been battling addictions to cope with all this, I'm going to lose my home in a couple months, and I have no idea what the hell I'm going to do next. It feels like my entire world has turned on me.
I quit drinking and I've been making more productive use of my time, but holy shit there's so many times when I'd just like to give up because my life feels so fucked up beyond repair. Anything I ever care about just ends up turning out badly and I'm at a loss for any strong desire to make things better for myself. I feel so defeated and alone.
I haven't lost all hope though, I just needed to vent some feelings. I've been thinking about this community a lot. I can't express how grateful I am to have had it apart of my life, and to have grown and shared experiences alongside you all. I've been through so much loss, but no matter what happens I just wanted to say I'm so lucky to always have this as my home and I love you all. Wish I could have been at Sean's memorial... Hugs

We love you, Serena

#4503 atomic-guy

atomic-guy

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 05:51 PM

So for about three years now I've been teaching group music classes for kids (little kids - babies through 5yo. - "mommy and me" style). I just heard that a 2yo boy from one of my classes is on life support and not likely to recover. He apparently had a seizure (the afternoon after my last class with him, no less) and then his organs began shutting down. His family has been with me for awhile and I'm having a hard time processing this. It feels like there's something I should be able to do, but I don't know what. I suppose the reality is there's nothing I actually can do. And the class he's in is such a friendly, loving group - I don't know how I'm supposed to handle this for them, as well.

Tomorrow is the memorial for this boy and the family asked me (and a few of my colleagues) to perform at it. I've been trying not to think about it too much so I can get through it, but tomorrow is going to be rough. Of course I can't not think about everything with Sean at the same time. Oh and also my daughter's best friend's mom is going through a breast cancer diagnosis.
Posted Image

and maybe even bring your lovable friend ratboy. or evilsonic, whatever his name is.

#4504 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:13 PM

I'm working on making a plan to get into grief counseling this week. I've pretty much maxed out what I can usefully say to my friends around town. A.G., maybe you should consider something like that yourself? It's different for everyone but I have a feeling that tomorrow is not going to be like, traditionally "cathartic" for you, but I do think it's cool that you're doing it and it will mean a lot to the family.

#4505 WilliamTheBard

WilliamTheBard

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:19 PM

Sixth! We met super briefly at MagWest :) hopefully can have a proper conversation at the next opportunity!

Fifth'd!!!!!

Thirded ❤

Seconded.

We love you, Serena

7th'd! Love you, please reach out to me anytime to talk about anything.

#4506 Maiko

Maiko

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:36 PM

Started on another medication because I was getting really depressed again, so far it's worked really well but I'm stressed out because

1) I'm scared of being happy because it's just gonna feel so much worse when the meds stop working

2) if my insurance doesn't cover it, it's 800 a month and I just can't swing that 

I wish so bad that I could just get off medication because it's frustrating that I need to supplement something my body should already be able to do.

sorry just venting

0sOrjsY.pngGec9ADa.png

Chop is exceptionally cute 

#4507 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:08 PM

You shizzies are the most wonderful community. The love is real, I’m so happy to be part of it, and to give love back when needed

8th’d Serena

#4508 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:36 AM

Started on another medication because I was getting really depressed again, so far it's worked really well but I'm stressed out because

1) I'm scared of being happy because it's just gonna feel so much worse when the meds stop working

2) if my insurance doesn't cover it, it's 800 a month and I just can't swing that 

I wish so bad that I could just get off medication because it's frustrating that I need to supplement something my body should already be able to do.

sorry just venting

IMO it's better to be happy for a little while and enjoy life while you can, even moreso if you think for some reason the meds might eventually fail. (which they might not)

It does suck that we need to supplement our bodies with something it should already be able to produce (neurotransmitters, etc), but it's no different than hypothyroidism or any other deficiency. Something in our brains decided to shit the bed (or was always a bit "off") and we just have to make up the difference with meds. (Or try to, since mood disorders are harder to nail down the perfect treatment.)

I hope your insurance does cover the new stuff and you're able to have an easier time with life overall. <3

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#4509 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,637 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:57 PM

A while back I transitioned from 300mg Wellbutrin to 150mg Effexor because my depression was coming back and I was experiencing some anxiety, but mostly because I needed something that would help me feel more awake (I haven't had a "good sleep" in the better part of a decade) and my doctor assured me that my anxiety was likely hindering the restfulness of my sleep. He referred me to a neurologist and a sleep clinic (the latter of which got back to me a bit sooner; result was "no major obstructive sleep apnea"). Since then I've started on 225mg Effexor and I'm actually more tired than ever, and gaining weight somewhat rapidly. EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention: couldn't stay awake long enough to shower before work for 4 days in a row. Today is the first time I've showered since I started working the last half of last week. Good god.

Neurologist referred me to a second sleep clinic and to an EEG, both of which are next month. In the meantime I asked my doctor to prescribe me modafinil or something else stimulating to be able to fucking get out of bed without the assistance of 4+ alarms and the necessity of work, and he checked with the first and only psychiatrist I saw, who said "Nah don't give that guy anything, insert jargon here about quite literally both dismissing the criteria that were met for ADD and admitting that I have no idea what he could possibly have, but using that as an excuse for treating prescriptions of possibly helpful meds as 'risky'."

My therapist told me to "go ahead" with any prescription I see fit; modafinil, Adderall, anything that has effects I could see as beneficial, because it may be faster and more accurate than waiting on tests, and she has determined that I am not at risk of addictions or abuse. I just wish my doctor would listen and do something about it. Thinking of switching doctors but he worked his ass off to get me the referrals he did, so I half trust him and half think he is getting more worried about covering his own ass than mine.

Maiko, I'm rooting for you!! That insurance damn better cover your meds.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#4510 Maiko

Maiko

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 02:46 PM

Thanks guys, let's all kick our mental healths' ass so it can get its shit together

0sOrjsY.pngGec9ADa.png

Chop is exceptionally cute 

#4511 VikingGuitar

VikingGuitar

Ka and Ka-Tet

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:53 PM

I have had two people that are semi-close to me die this week, and my last living grandparent is currently in the hospital and likely won't last more than a few more days.  Feeling pretty rough right now.

Good lord, the fucking

LogoNew-Ping_small2.png

Professional Audio Services - http://vikingguitar.com

#4512 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:02 PM

^Everyone's needs are different in these moments but we are always, always here for you. It helps me to be around friends in person and be distracted. The grandparent thing is wild, all of mine have been dead for a while and it's a psychedelic/disorienting feeling.

#4513 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:40 PM

sorry just venting

just so you know, if your insurance doesnt cover it, any med that costs that much usually has patient assistance programs from the manufacturer that you can google. its a win-win-win where you get your meds, they get good pr and a tax write off. if you ever have questions you can always msg me and I can try to look into it (twitter would be faster than here)

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#4514 brodan

brodan

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:10 PM

sorry just venting

just so you know, if your insurance doesnt cover it, any med that costs that much usually has patient assistance programs from the manufacturer that you can google. its a win-win-win where you get your meds, they get good pr and a tax write off. if you ever have questions you can always msg me and I can try to look into it (twitter would be faster than here)

true! as long as you meet certain income requirements though! usually the requirements are super high. its funny cause i actually built and maintained an assistance program at my old job. it was for a direct injection eye medication that would normally cost like $800+ for a single prescription, and with this coupon program you could get it for like $40 instead. so crazy how little these things are advertised

Why the fuck cant I see when I close my eyes?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users