4761 replies to this topic

#4756 OverCoat

OverCoat

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:05 PM

So I got a bill for like $1800 that I apparently have to pay, settlement or no, from the emergency room after I had my car accident back in may. $1800 for a guy shining a flashlight in my eyes and prescribing naproxen [which would have cost me $60 so I declined to pay for those], which took all of half an hour. Apparently the ER just costs astronomically more and all the walk in clinics were closed for the day already. I told them I literally cannot pay this and they offered to give me financial aid but only after I show them my 2018 tax returns and 3 months of pay stubs, and MAYBE I'll get a lower hospital bill. They're just bleeding me dry for no fucking reason other than for insurance agents to make some extra fuckin cash off me. I'm pissed off and I feel fucking embarrassed and dehumanized that I have to prove to them how poor I am. And yeah I know capitalism or whatever the fuck but how the FUCK am I supposed to live off fuckin peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the rest of my goddamn life because I can't even afford meat

#4757 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,953 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:03 PM

My dad asks me how can we pay for Sanders' medical plan. I told him we're getting fucked right now.

banner.png

#4758 brodan

brodan

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:56 PM

im at the lowest point ive ever been in my life and it could and will very likely continue to sink lower but i dont have it in me to type out of the bullshit about why

Why the fuck cant I see when I close my eyes?

#4759 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,649 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:43 PM

So I got a bill for like $1800 that I apparently have to pay, settlement or no, from the emergency room after I had my car accident back in may. $1800 for a guy shining a flashlight in my eyes and prescribing naproxen [which would have cost me $60 so I declined to pay for those], which took all of half an hour. Apparently the ER just costs astronomically more and all the walk in clinics were closed for the day already. I told them I literally cannot pay this and they offered to give me financial aid but only after I show them my 2018 tax returns and 3 months of pay stubs, and MAYBE I'll get a lower hospital bill. They're just bleeding me dry for no fucking reason other than for insurance agents to make some extra fuckin cash off me. I'm pissed off and I feel fucking embarrassed and dehumanized that I have to prove to them how poor I am. And yeah I know capitalism or whatever the fuck but how the FUCK am I supposed to live off fuckin peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the rest of my goddamn life because I can't even afford meat

the only thing i can think of to help is try to talk to someone in their billing/ collections and see if you can find an actual sympathetic HUMAN. lots and lots of medical 'debt' can be made to disappear with a few keystrokes, i have had someone at a hospital make a few thousand of my own bills go away. good luck

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#4760 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,158 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:22 PM

im at the lowest point ive ever been in my life and it could and will very likely continue to sink lower but i dont have it in me to type out of the bullshit about why

We're here for you.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

#4761 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,878 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:54 PM

Almost fainted (vasovagal, not like out of shock or anything) while I was standing in the bathroom reading TheShizz after a shower, because apparently I can't handle criticism, constructive and genuinely helpful though it may be. :lol: My brain must be a mess. This has happened a lot more this year than the past 10 or so and it's no one's fault; my brain just straight up begins shutting a blood flow valve to my brain when I start challenging my thoughts.

Oh, better news: got in to see my new psychiatrist, and he gave me the FULL stack of homework for diagnosing ADD, PTSD, depression, anxiety, and even some other stuff to be sure. I've got a month and a half to do it, so the game is on!

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#4762 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Top Toxic Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,430 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:39 PM

i know you're just using a figure of speech, but yo..mental illness isnt something you want to even see as a game or a challenge. you have to treat it objectively, in a compromising way, in a way that allows you to turn the things you say into the things you do and the things you do into the things you are. all of us have differing degrees of mental illness. noone is truly sane, not in 2019. but how you navigate through and adjust to these things, how you respond and how you learn are what will open you up to freedom. a diagnosis doesnt mean anything. nothing your psychiatrist is going to put on you will do anything unless you are open to noticing the patterns and changing those patterns, but you gotta make the biggest first step to make that adjustment.

its not even a matter of it being in a medication or in something someone says, its deep inside yourself as its in each and every one of us as a species. i used to think it was simply 'the future', but as i get older, i see it more clearly as 'potential'. potential in believing in yourself or people believing in you helps, and maybe its that different, but deciding factor over a simple 'eh, time will tell' philosophy and working at it vs anything else, counseling, medications, theraputic trials, anything else. you need to see your own potential, and you have to have a lot of determination. i have a few other friends i am doing all i can to stress this to that are having some issues and maybe they are coming around to this and the way i am saying it.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users