214 replies to this topic

#1 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Judge Dredd, Motherfucker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,245 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

so i am so sick and tired of trying random botles of hot sauce and it ends up being WEAKSAUCE. franks red hot is a great example of completely sad sad sace with no bite, spice, or anything. got some ashanti louisiana hot sauce and its got no bite to it, nothing thats at all characteristic to the word 'hot' on the bottle. its like watered down ketchup to me. maybe my tongue is disenfranchised, but please post some suggestions so i can get burned and not NOT get burned again like this. ive just had several bottles recently that i've gotten that are all bark without any bite. whats your fave and post the level of heat on a scale from 1-10 and any other positive traits that you feel may be important to the discussion of awesome hot sauces.

huh1.gif

#2 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,716 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

I never eat hot sauce for the "Heat," it's all about the flavor. I actually like Red Hot on eggs and pizza. There's a mexican one I use for bean burritos. I use Ring of Fire for meat-based foods.

#3 3ngag3

3ngag3

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,248 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:06 PM

I just take as much mild sauce packets from Taco Bell as I can and use those on any other food item that requires it.

3fb.png

Use 800 gigabytes of samples, I give approximately 0 gigafucks.

Where does Mario poop in the airship? Behind his chair? In Cappy?

#4 Bbqarmen

Bbqarmen

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:00 PM

i use tabasco (habanero style) to mix with ketchup and sometimes ranch as a dip for fries. also in soups, and burgers.

for actual mexican food, or sandwiches i like to use Cholula cause it has a nice lime after-taste, sorta. or tapatio.

heat scale

habanero tabasco: 10 just a few drops in a decent sized bowl of soup will do the trick

cholula and tapatio: 7 or 8

and just for fun, my favorite recipe as dip for fries.

ketchup

ranch (less amount than the ketchup)

tabasco (even less than ranch)

and a secondary i use when i wanna feel extra fat

mustard and a little bit of mayo

#5 Naz

Naz

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:03 PM

I get along with franks pretty good. I like their wings sauce.

#6 mills

mills

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,641 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:07 PM

I like Batch #114. its got the screaming jamaican on the label. Very hot. GOod flavor.

Other than that, it's about about authentic home made mexican style chile sauce.

#7 EBattousai

EBattousai

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

Sriracha. I put it on everything. Gotta get it with the green top and the rooster on the side. Delicious. Rice + Sriracha = meal.

Also, for hot sauce type salsa I use Mrs. Renfro's. Check them out.

#8 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

• Banned
  • 25,245 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:13 PM

i actually tried cholula and tapatio a few nights back, and i thought they were pretty ame, i'd proably give them a 6 or 7. i guess im looking for something thts more along the lines of an 8 or a 9. i'll have to keep an eye out fo these suggestions. keep em comin!

huh1.gif

#9 Bbqarmen

Bbqarmen

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:20 PM

i actually tried cholula and tapatio a few nights back, and i thought they were pretty ame, i'd proably give them a 6 or 7. i guess im looking for something thts more along the lines of an 8 or a 9. i'll have to keep an eye out fo these suggestions. keep em comin!

yeah, if you're looking for heat, try the habanero

also, it's not too hot, but the batch 81 hot sauce they have at quiznos is one of the best tasting sauces i've ever tried.

edit ====
EBattousai:
Sriracha. I put it on everything. Gotta get it with the green top and the rooster on the side. Delicious. Rice + Sriracha = meal.

yes, i can't believe i forgot about sriracha. from thailand i believe, i love it on hotdogs.. and with potatos it goes awesome too...or any type of steak or ...yeah i'm just a fat kid, i'll any of those sauces with any food

#10 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:22 PM

brant (drummer for vinfiz) is a hot sauce aficionado.

i'll try to get him to post in this thread.

#11 3ngag3

3ngag3

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,248 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

If this is true then Shotfest should now include shots of hot sauce before every song.

3fb.png

Use 800 gigabytes of samples, I give approximately 0 gigafucks.

Where does Mario poop in the airship? Behind his chair? In Cappy?

#12 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

• Banned
  • 25,245 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:23 PM

dont give em any ideas

huh1.gif

#13 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:26 PM

sriracha is vietnamese by the way

#14 psychicsoccermom

psychicsoccermom

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:34 PM

If you are truly ready for an 8, 9, or 10 on the heat scale, stay away from cholula, tapaio, and tobasco....for my money, they are mostly lightly spiced children's condiments. About 6 on the scale, a good one is el yucateco....both red (habanero) and green are good heat/flavor, I think you can get them at LeeLee market. Good one's at 7-8 are Rectum Ripper, Endorphin Rush, Dave's Insanity, Blaire's After Death Sauce. If you really want to shoot flames out yer ass, try Da' Bomb: Final Answer. It comes in a bottle with an iodine-like dropper. I use about 5 drops in 2 gallons of chile. Taken straight, it will fuck you up and probably causes tissue damage. The hottest sauce I have is Pure Cap. I had to sign a waiver to buy it. It is about 5 million Scovilles. Not much for taste, but good in chili, etc. You can get all of these online here. Keep a gallon of milk close by......or check out Shotfest II, I will bring samples.....

#15 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:36 PM

thanks brant. :)
the real deal!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users