Kaptain Carbon

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

Been a while.

Posted Image

Post Hardocre / noise avant crusaders Bones has been officially disbanded for one decade. The band's career, however, has been celebrated by a small minority of record snobs with the majority of them employed by vinyl record stores. They Have No Monopoly is Bones' third record and also considered a high point by the small yet powerful oligarchy of the hip. Initially considered a commercial failure by every standard of logic and reasoning, They Have No Monopoly is currently experiencing its second life as talking point and power chess peice among the pretentious. Fans describe the record as cross between Screaming Trees, Square Meets Circle, Vagina Gash, Rainbow Disaster, Nightmare at Hanging Rock, Merzbow, Fuck INC's two EPS they did before breaking up, Petrified Forest of Lesbos, Indochina and the first season of the Muppet Show. They Have No Monopoly's legacy is so great, its time spent in conversation far surpasses time actually spent listening to the record. "Its hard to listen to in one sitting, I mean it's four or seven songs of insanity, I think, it is really an intense album" said Roy Austern, local clerk at the Galaxy 5 Independent Record Store and Vegan Coffee Bar. "I do not think I have listened to side two yet but Chaz, who runs the bakery, said it was really intense...he listened to it while reading Thomas Mann's Magic Mountain and said everything made sense... actually, he may of meant the book"

#392 Kaptain Carbon

Kaptain Carbon

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

Posted Image

When perusing the history of early screamo, Our Unsung Villains is usually obscured by other prominent bands like Orchid, City of Caterpillar and Funeral Diner. This historical snub could be directly related to the band's fifth LP Dare To Be Yourself. According to local lore, told by a college freshman with lip ring and Saetia shirt, Our Unsung Villains was a reputable DC based basement screamo band before being employed by REMIXeducation, an anti-drug and pro-self esteem production company which created assemblies for middle schools students. Our Unsung Villains was hired to write hip yet powerfully positive music to accompany Chester the Bully Bug during his Peer Pressure Dance. Dare To Be Yourself is the band's sixth album which was created after the band left REMIXeducation to return to basement circuit. While still solid in angular post hardcore, Dare To Be Yourself has abnormal lyrics dealing with scenarios like trying your dad's cigarettes, staying out late without calling your parents and watching an R rated movie at a friends house.

#393 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,407 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:37 PM

ITS A MESSAGE FOR OSAMA
ITS A MESSAGE FOR OBAMA
HEY !

(pause)

YO MAMA!
(slide guitar solo)

Too many broken links in this thread :( 

toopunk2lose.png

#394 Ripplin

Ripplin

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,290 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

Yep, especially since this 'enable 3rd party' whatever from stupid Photobucket. I should look into that. I need to recover my password first. :/

#395 Ripplin

Ripplin

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,290 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:20 PM

Update: Well, looks like I'm not going to have hotlinking through Photobucket anytime soon. Check out this post from July 1, 2017 at metafilter.com:

"Photobucket rolled out a new update to its TOS on June 26th with just a small, innocuous blog post as an announcement. Users have been finding out about it as their embedded images on other sites have turned into placeholders telling them to update their accounts, and as Photobucket has rolled out email notifications telling them that if they want to keep embedding images, they have to pay $399/year." :o

1. a) Good. Gravy.

b ) I never got their supposed email notification.

2. Wish I'd've put all my album pictures on deviantART! Unlimited size/storage, no issues hotlinking, etc... I just stick stuff I don't want in my featured albums in a Scrapbook section, but everything is still hotlinkable.

There are "cheaper," but far more limited, plans there, too, all a massive rip-off that may just kill the off. Maybe I should save all the stuff I have there before it's gone forever.

#396 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

Photofuckit

Posted Image

#397 Ripplin

Ripplin

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,290 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

Imageshack was the first one I dropped. I had been putting a bit there, then tried to upload one day and nope, it was suddenly a pay service. Goodbye.

But at Photobucket, I have over 1,500 pics stored. I'm currently waiting for a reply as to why I can't download my albums. (already got a roboreply that indicates I'm not going to get a straight answer) If I can't figure it out, I'll have to manually save the important/importantish stuff. I'm sure I have it all on my old external drive already, but...yeah, extra backups are good.

Moral of the story: I recommend Deviantart and kick myself for not having used it for this thread in the first place.

#398 Ripplin

Ripplin

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,290 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

fakealbumnew1_by_ripplin-dbjqquc.jpg

(used this page for the quote: http://www.quotation...om/random.php3)

Sadly, I guess we won't have Kaptain Carbon to describe the albums anymore.

#399 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:57 AM

I loved this thread! I tried to do one yesterday but had trouble finding a random image thing

astroman.gif Dj5ZiPN.png

#400 Ripplin

Ripplin

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,290 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

Just use the link in the first post. (and then maybe the link I just posted for the quote, as the old one is dead)

#401 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

i dont know if something has changed on flickr or if it just isnt as busy as it used to be, but i always get the same photos when i use that link 

astroman.gif Dj5ZiPN.png

#402 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,056 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:57 PM

Isn't Imgur good for image hosting?

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#403 Ripplin

Ripplin

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,290 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

I tried the flickr link and it was different for me, but then I last checked it a day or so ago, so it had time for a lot more images to be added. Even scrolling way down, I still didn't come across the one I used again.

Haven't tried Imgur, but I'm sure someone else has...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users