1136 replies to this topic

#1 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:48 AM

Alright, I want to hear you're deepest, darkest experiences with Gene Rodenberry's masterpiece. We're talking about TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, the movies, whatever. I want to see fan art, cosplay pics, fan fic. I want to hear stories about your first experiences with the show, how old you were, and I especially want to hear about the first time you rubbed one out to Deana Troy. :D

I was a fan of TNG as a kid growing up, but not so much that I would follow each and every episode. Recently, though, just before the newest movie came out I decided to obtain all three seasons of the original series along with all seven seasons of TNG. We plowed through the exploits of Captain Kirk and crew and I loved every minute of it. I think I had only ever seen a handful of episodes growing up and I was definitely too young to appreciate it fully, but this time around I absolutely loved it. The wife and I are almost finished with Season 1 of TNG and so far so good. They just killed off Lieutenant Tasha Yar (in Skin of Evil, an episode I had seen in the past, actually), and boy was that ending cornball. I can't wait until we get to the Sherlock Holmes episodes with Data and Jordy and I anxiously await the arrival of the BORG.

So, who else loves this stuff?

#2 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,581 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:54 AM

tngftw

#3 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

monday night marathons here!
go go seefee channel.

i used to think tng was a very sound show logically, philosophically, and scientifically.
i realize now its not. i still love it though. every minute.

why would a starship, that goes on such dangerous missions, have such a huge crew.
it doesnt seem necessary with all that computer automation at the ready.
why so many civilians on board?
so many lives needlessly at stake every time stewart sticks his prying nose into an unpredictable or hostile situation.

i love the episode where troi and dr. crusher scissor. so hot!

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

#4 Moldilox

Moldilox

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:59 AM

My experiences with Star Trek in my youth, being a Star Wars child, were fleeting at best and mostly involved watching the show with parents or going to see the movies in the theater. However, now that I'm way more awesome, I can truly appreciate ToS and I really want to sit down and burn through it from beginning to end (I've only seen a handful of episodes).

Read my comic: BIG DUMB FIGHTING IDIOTS!

#5 Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,498 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:12 AM

http://theshizz.org/...showtopic=21904

^ a recent thread on Star Trek[/spook]

Was that "The Host"?
Posted Image

I think at max length it made it to my nipples.

#6 darmock

darmock

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:13 AM

go go seefee channel.

i used to think tng was a very sound show logically, philosophically, and scientifically.

why would a starship, that goes on such dangerous missions, have such a huge crew.
so many lives needlessly at stake every time stewart sticks his prying nose into an unpredictable or hostile situation.

I do not love when you play 20 questions or criticize the show when I'm trying to watch an episode.

GTFO! or STFU!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Less talk. More synthehol.

#7 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:26 AM

go go seefee channel.

I'm finding myself questioning the logic as well while watching it. It's fun and all, and in no way does it detract from my ability to enjoy the show, but why on earth do you need some great big crew when one person can pilot the thing around? I get that maintenance people are needed and all to insure that the ship can continue to function, but it seems like most of that stuff could be automated. Oh well, still a great show.

http://theshizz.org/...showtopic=21904

^ a recent thread on Star Trek[/spook]

Was that "The Host"?

That was a poll thread. This is an appreciation thread. Come on, Ryan!

#8 Geo

Geo

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:26 AM

I like the movie.

The show never did much for me!
Posted Image

#9 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:33 AM

Was that "The Host"?

i think its the one where troi is getting laid - not crusher :)
not 100% sure, though.

I do not love when you play 20 questions or criticize the show when I'm trying to watch an episode.
GTFO! or STFU!

i am a very curious man! :(

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

#10 Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,498 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:51 AM

I'm finding myself questioning the logic as well while watching it. It's fun and all, and in no way does it detract from my ability to enjoy the show, but why on earth do you need some great big crew when one person can pilot the thing around? I get that maintenance people are needed and all to insure that the ship can continue to function, but it seems like most of that stuff could be automated. Oh well, still a great show.

I think people just want to be on board, for whatever reason. What I could never understand is why anybody would want to live on DS9. There were countless times where they had to evacuate, or there was terrorism, or attacks on the station.

That was a poll thread. This is an appreciation thread. Come on, Ryan!

That's fine. It was just so recent and there was similar discussion going on. Far be it for me, quite possibly the biggest Star Trek nerd on this forum, to shoot down a Trek thread!

i think its the one where troi is getting laid - not crusher :)

Ah, "The Price." I just looked it up and you were right. The best Troispank material was probably "Man of the People" though.
Posted Image

I think at max length it made it to my nipples.

#11 chronolever

chronolever

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,193 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:54 AM

Looooove love love TNG and all the movies of course. I wasn't much of a fan of TOS but I love the TOS movies, it is some great stuff.

I would really love to have all of TNG seasons on dvd, but they are either A.) hard to find or B.) outside my price range.

Get DO.DAT YASELF my first EP with songs made entirely in Warioware: D.I.Y.!

#12 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:08 PM

I think Norrin needs to bust out that Star Trek trivia board game and start posting questions for the shizz to enjoy.

Back to the poor logic, I watched an episode of TNG recently where Wesley Crusher is attempting to take his Star Fleet exam and they establish that the ratio of Matter to Antimatter in the Warp Drive should always be 1:1, however, another episode in season one has some background character spouting off a bunch of tech jargon and he mentions that the matter to anti matter ratio was something like 25:1, yet no point was made to imply that there was any danger involved in that. Made me laugh.

#13 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
oh god i'm runnin!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

Cetera, I don't care what anyone says, you're alright in my book.

#15 Nick The Newbie

Nick The Newbie

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

My experiences with Star Trek in my youth, being a Star Wars child, were fleeting at best and mostly involved watching the show with parents or going to see the movies in the theater. However, now that I'm way more awesome, I can truly appreciate ToS and I really want to sit down and burn through it from beginning to end (I've only seen a handful of episodes).

That's a terrible idea, dawg.

TNG 4 LYFE

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users