1167 replies to this topic

#1156 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,027 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

Early footage/talks made it sound like a show created in the image of the more recent, action-heavy movies and not one based off of the Star Trek shows of the past. All the casting/directing/scheduling issues also added a level of concern. Also the fact that it was TV-MA-rated made me assume they were going for gritty over substance. And, on top of that, putting it behind a paywall made me actively root against it so I wouldn't be tempted to pay for yet another service for just one show.

It had a ton of things going against it since being announced. I'm glad it seems to be getting a somewhat positive reception.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#1157 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:34 AM

Episode 3 should have been the pilot and then they should have done 1 & 2 as a flashbacky type of dealie.

Ep 3 felt more Star Treky. I like the Captain of the Discovery. 99% sure I saw Gorn skeleton in his room in the background at the very end of the episode.

His moment with Michael at the end (just before the thing above) was great. If you're worried that this show isn't in the spirit of Trek, stick around for this part.
BRAINMEAT - My original metal album on Bandcamp (free)
[size=2]SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#1158 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,027 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:04 AM

So are you guys actually paying for this or getting it some other way? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#1159 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • 14,874 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:19 AM

im waiting for another episode or two to be released before i pull the trigger on all access. i'm looking forward to seeing more though.

in the meantime, i'm back to finishing DS9. I'm on the back half of season 7 now, the home stretch. just finished the Ocean's 11 heist episode. the amount of Vic Fontaine episodes in the last 2 seasons is a bit odd to me, but I find them mostly endearing. i'm curious as to how they were received back in the day, or how they would be now.

i've also decided i mostly like Dax 2. i think the actress was put into a not-great situation and her first few appearances were a little too much like dropping a quippy neurotic joss whedon character into a show that didn't fit, but she seems like she mostly has settled into the cast at this point, and i like the weird/uncomfortable vibe she has with some of the people on the ship who knew her as Jadzia.

music face, like a dying frankenstein, his jaw becomes dislodged....see the profile of him, the profile of shame

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1160 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,736 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:11 AM

Episode 3 kinda sucked. Every character introduced is waaaaay too edgy, they're like caricatures that don't make sense like Data did. Too bad they removed the one likeable character so far. Saru is growing on me though.

#1161 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:41 AM

So are you guys actually paying for this or getting it some other way? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

#1162 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

Episode 3 kinda sucked. Every character introduced is waaaaay too edgy, they're like caricatures that don't make sense like Data did. Too bad they removed the one likeable character so far. Saru is growing on me though.

Saru is great, already a fav, for sure. I wouldn't consider him "edgy". I was a little irritated with red-haired girl's on-the-nose character building

Spoiler

But she's cute and likeable so I'm giving it a pass. She's the opposite of edgy. I guess by edgy you mean Micheal, the captain, and the engineer guy? Michael and engineer guy, sure, but the captain gives off a Sisko vibe, imo.
[size=2]SoundCloud

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#1163 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,736 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

Edgy meaning just over the top caricatures, I was including the redhead girl.

Also holy shit that line is the laziest dialogue

#1164 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

It sucks and I hate it, but I can't seem to find the episodes for sale separately. I feel obligated to support a new Star Trek series somehow, so I'm paying the $5.99 or whatever. That pretty much the rest of the world gets it free via Netflix is what stings most of all.
[size=2]SoundCloud

#1165 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:19 PM

Also, I found this photo of me and my brother (and my dad's arm) recently. I'm the one with the Picard action figure, obvs.

ld84ulR.jpg
[size=2]SoundCloud

#1166 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,027 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:39 PM

It sucks and I hate it, but I can't seem to find the episodes for sale separately. I feel obligated to support a new Star Trek series somehow, so I'm paying the $5.99 or whatever. That pretty much the rest of the world gets it free via Netflix is what stings most of all.

Yea I think I will do what many others do and just wait for season one to finish, then get the sub for one month.

icing bag style.

#1167 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:28 AM

This last ep. of Discovery was frickin great! Easily the best so far. The previous episodes were good, but I feel like there was always something here or there that detracted, like dialogue being just a bit too cheesy, or the Klingon scenes dragging cause all the actors spoke the language sooooo slowly, or just something. 

But man, this show really found it's footing fast, faster even than other ST shows like DS9 or Voyager I'd say. I think them reinventing the universe really helped to establish a unique voice for the show.

But, yeah this last ep just felt like a ST episode thru and thru, really capturing the spirit of what Trek is about. Couldn't really ask for more. The development of the Captain's character was reallly goood. I like him more and more. 

#1168 Ripplin

Ripplin

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

Has anyone else been watching the fan series Star Trek Continues? I'm very impressed with it! I often forget (or just don't care to) look into fan series, but man, I'm so glad I checked this one out! I do remember hearing that Grant Imahara from Mythbusters was in a Trek series, but didn't realize it was Continues until I started watching. Must be so fun for him. :)

http://www.startrekc...m/episodes.html (also on YouTube)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users