521 replies to this topic

#1 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,518 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:52 AM

So 358/2 Days hit today. Not gonna have much of a chance to play right now, but I will be periodically posting my thoughts and observations throughout the next week or so

Gamestop preorder came with a poster (yea!) and postcards (dunk ya?)

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#2 insurge

insurge

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:02 AM

The 1st Kingdom Hearts game to use the panel system, as well as Multiplayer, should be interesting. Also dethalbum 2 comes out today too, Would of been awesome to play while listening to dethklok , man sucks to be broke now.
Posted Image

#3 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,118 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:23 PM

Renting this from Gamefly. Hopefully it comes before the weekend.

sgy5Biv.gif

#4 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,239 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

AKA the Urvile, Kirk and Nario thread.

UAV3t1p.png

#5 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,118 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

I liked Kingdom Hearts 2 way more than 1, but I have completely forgotten what the story was. Something something Roxas is Sora something blonde girl. Someone give me a basic summary.

Heartless stole my memories! ^________^

Edit: nvm just read the wiki.

sgy5Biv.gif

#6 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,518 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:46 PM

LOL

Never understood the KH hate on this board. Still say KH1 is one of the best games I've ever played, warts and all. So time to rant for a bit. I'll spoiler box some of it.

So the new DS game appears to be centered around the story of Axel and Roxas. Have a feeling after I'm done with this I'll be even more frustrated with Kingdom Hearts 2. I know the 1st game set a pretty high bar, but [ignoring CoM for a minute]
Spoiler

All that said, I think the new game has the potential to be great. Although I can tell right now the camera is going to be a consistent issue.

Anyways, if you've been waiting to get into the series I would highly stress playing the games in order of story (KH1 >> 358/2 Days >> Re:CoM >> KH2: FM) instead of this convoluted way the games actually came out.

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#7 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:18 PM

OH NO! THEY STOLE ALL OUR . OUR , IS GONE.

I like the Kingdom Hearts series. The gameplay and graphics are good, the music is awesome, and the challenge is there. But the story, sometimes it just feels like they came up with everything in the last minute.
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#8 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,518 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

OH NO! THEY STOLE ALL OUR . OUR , IS GONE.

I like the Kingdom Hearts series. The gameplay and graphics are good, the music is awesome, and the challenge is there. But the story, sometimes it just feels like they came up with everything in the last minute.

Somewhat agree. I don't think, for example, the whole Org XIII was even an idea when the original game was being developed

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#9 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

Also,

Posted Image
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#10 3ngag3

3ngag3

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,333 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:49 PM

Pedobear does not approve!

3fb.png

Use 800 gigabytes of samples, I give approximately 0 gigafucks.

Where does Mario poop in the airship? Behind his chair? In Cappy?

#11 toadette

toadette

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:32 AM

and Toadit!

I love this game series. I originally bought the first one solely because I'm a disney fan girl. However, after playing it for an entire summer, i fell in love with the game and the fact that they visited disney areas was just a bonus.

KH2 is my favorite, which is weird cuz when i first bought the game, i hated it. I was like "WTF! Where's Sora?" It also has a bunch more voice acting from Cloud, who is voiced by probably one of my favorite actors ever.

I am really looking forward to playing 358/2 Days. I've been following the production of it ever since I found out about it Nintendo Power some time ago. I'm probably gonna use the birthday money i get today to buy this wonderful game.

God is a comedian with an audience too afraid to laugh

i don't care either way. male or female, you're a professional so grip these nuts and tell me they're okay. thanks.

#12 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,518 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:56 AM

I'm about 10 missions in. So far I like it, although this backpack system sucks. Preferred it when you could just grab whatever you wanted. They introduced new Heartless which is nice

Also: Equipping level ups is weird. It fact, they even devoted 1/3 of a manual Q&A to that fact lol

Also Also: WTF Mission 9? I have to fight a "powerful" heartless to fill my task meter, but he has 10 bars of health and has uber defense. Took me 15 minutes to beat him! (his attack pattern is lame as hell). And to top it all off, he didn't even give me anything cool. I just started the fucking game, what was the point of all that for munny and a common shard?

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#13 Chibi_Ma

Chibi_Ma

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:52 AM

I love Kingdom Hearts. Tis amazing.

Anywho, just got 358/2 yesturday and played a lil bit. Will play more later. So far, so good.
Kind of wished there was new music though.

#14 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,118 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:57 AM

So I was really looking forward to KH3 after the special trailer from beating KH2, but it looks like the setup for Birth by Sleep.

The videos of bbs from TGS look awesome! It's like a full fledged KH game.

sgy5Biv.gif

#15 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,518 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:03 AM

So I was really looking forward to KH3 after the special trailer from beating KH2, but it looks like the setup for Birth by Sleep.

The videos of bbs from TGS look awesome! It's like a full fledged KH game.

Welcome to 2005 :)

Yeah, I think Birth By Sleep could be epic. Then again, it's being preceded by Dissidia... while not a bad game, the story is horrible.

Love the fact it's addressing other worlds we didn't get to visit in KH1 including Snow White & Cinderella's worlds. 3 different characters with their own storylines. And obviously the game ain't going to end well for um... Terra & Aqua are fucked, anyways.

back to my continuing 358/2 Days thoughts: Your AI buddies aren't very aggressive. If they even fight at all (XIV, I'm looking at you)

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users