521 replies to this topic

#31 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,816 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:59 PM

Just learned the hard way that you don't want to try pausing any pre-rendered cutscenes <_< [damn you, brother!]

On day 298 now and things are really getting interesting.

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#32 Nario

Nario

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,313 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

Good news! My sister just paid for 358/2 on Amazon and it should be arriving in a week!

...I-I have so many games I could be playing right now!

#33 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:04 AM

I'm like 170 days in. I had the duel keyblade which I really loved, then I thought I was upgrading when I synthed a Prestige Gear+ blade (it's description says "extreme strength") but my strength actually dropped, as did my critical hit %.

Then I actually tested it out and holy shit, short combos with incredibly strong finishers, plus better hidden abilities.

I'm loving this game. I'm really surprised how close it is to the "real thing".

sgy5Biv.gif

#34 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,816 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:28 AM

I'm like 170 days in. I had the duel keyblade which I really loved, then I thought I was upgrading when I synthed a Prestige Gear+ blade (it's description says "extreme strength") but my strength actually dropped, as did my critical hit %.

Then I actually tested it out and holy shit, short combos with incredibly strong finishers, plus better hidden abilities.

I'm loving this game. I'm really surprised how close it is to the "real thing".

Yeah, just reading the descriptions for the keyblade panels can be misleading. Game could have really used a practice room to try out your current settings instead of having to exit out of a mission to test a new config.

I'm around 300 now, there are a couple of annoying chase missions ahead of you guys meh.

EDIT: Make sure later in the game you're paying attention to the bonus meter during mission selection. You'll want to maximize your bonuses, so make sure to read all mission briefs before accepting any. Don't forgot to talk to everyone in the Grey Room after story events, there are lots of optional missions to be had.

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#35 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:58 AM

Is Crisis Gear pretty great? It's a lot more expensive than everything else available for me right now, but I just got Duel+.

sgy5Biv.gif

#36 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,816 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:10 AM

Is Crisis Gear pretty great? It's a lot more expensive than everything else available for me right now, but I just got Duel+.

I dunno, I'm in the ++'s now so... :lol:

Pretty sure I used Crisis Gear a lot when I was playing at that time though. You have a lot more panels to unlock so if have something you like I'd just stick with it until you unlock the next rank.

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#37 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:25 AM

Ugh.

So I was totally digging the Duel+ then I saw I could synth Duel++.

14 less strength WHAT?

sgy5Biv.gif

#38 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,816 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:47 AM

I enjoy how the missions don't always go according to plan or how you would expect. Mission 82 has a nice surprise for ya.

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#39 Nario

Nario

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,313 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:49 AM

Ugh.

14 less strength WHAT?

Master urvile! We request your assistance!

Please explain to us why and how the Duel++ is somehow better than the Duel+!

:)

#40 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,816 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:06 AM

Ugh.

14 less strength WHAT?

You probably unlock better abilities with the Ability Units(?) I would guess

The game really wants you to experiment with different settings. Or get a strategy guide. Or hit gamefaqs.

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#41 Nario

Nario

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,313 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:12 AM

Ugh.

14 less strength WHAT?

You probably unlock better abilities with the Ability Units(?) I would guess

The game really wants you to experiment with different settings. Or get a strategy guide. Or hit gamefaqs.

I'll remember that for when my copy of the game arrives. Thanks.

#42 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:02 AM

So I've been using Prestige Gear, it has good strength, then I got Champion Gear, it has the highest strength I can get, plus it had another slot.

It was neat, it has a pretty sweet combo, but I stuck with my old one. It does about 80% of the damage that the newer one did with it's 5 hit combo, but with a 2 hitter.

It's hard to make these choices, but every other time I play I unlock more keyblades to synth. I just wish there was more stuff to buy with hearts and munny. I'm on day 256 and have 150k munny and 50k heart points.

What's your favorite block link? I wanted to get counter as soon as I had the materials, but perfect block has been pretty good, though it doesn't work on everything.

sgy5Biv.gif

#43 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,816 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:01 AM

So I've been using Prestige Gear, it has good strength, then I got Champion Gear, it has the highest strength I can get, plus it had another slot.

It was neat, it has a pretty sweet combo, but I stuck with my old one. It does about 80% of the damage that the newer one did with it's 5 hit combo, but with a 2 hitter.

It's hard to make these choices, but every other time I play I unlock more keyblades to synth. I just wish there was more stuff to buy with hearts and munny. I'm on day 256 and have 150k munny and 50k heart points.

What's your favorite block link? I wanted to get counter as soon as I had the materials, but perfect block has been pretty good, though it doesn't work on everything.

I've been going with Fire Block, Round Block, and Block LV+. Although I've never been much for blocking

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#44 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,816 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:59 AM

Finished

It's cool how they manged to tie in a lot of the secret movies and scenes from the Final Mixes. Doesn't really hint to the future of the series, but a few clues regarding Birth By Sleep are sprinkled about.

358/2 Days overall was a really cool game. And the story was pretty solid thank goodness. It's a shame this didn't come out until years after KH2 cause you really should play this game first.

Thumbs up!

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#45 Nario

Nario

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,313 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:48 AM

Yeah, this thread doesn't have a lot of views. :lol:

I should be receiving the game todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users