1793 replies to this topic

#1786 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,754 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:12 PM

How many times did you cast Absolution? I hate that card so much in draft, and it's gotta be soooooo much worse in sealed when you have plenty of time to draw and cast it.

Been watching a lot of streamers lately, and while I don't mind watching Arena gameplay, the drafts do nothing for me. There is no tension when you know the bots can be exploited. HEY LOOK GATES IS OPEN. Not sure why its hard to implement live drafts, but perhaps a google search later will shine light on some sort of development issue. I don't really care how the sausage is made, though.

Best of one also seems kind of pointless from a competitive and strategic standpoint. Do what you want, i guess. Just don't do it around me!😠😠😠😉😔

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#1787 Disposable Hero

Disposable Hero

Dimensional Shambling Troll / True Dew Casual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:15 PM

100% agree Eric. It really bums me out that competitive integrity is being sold out by everyone for a product that is easy to look at. F2P is definitely an appealing aspect that I can't fault people for, but bot drafts and Bo1 sucks balls.

Put some South in yer mouth.

#1788 Vegeroth

Vegeroth

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:42 PM

How many times did you cast Absolution? I hate that card so much in draft, and it's gotta be soooooo much worse in sealed when you have plenty of time to draw and cast it.

Been watching a lot of streamers lately, and while I don't mind watching Arena gameplay, the drafts do nothing for me. There is no tension when you know the bots can be exploited. HEY LOOK GATES IS OPEN. Not sure why its hard to implement live drafts, but perhaps a google search later will shine light on some sort of development issue. I don't really care how the sausage is made, though.

Best of one also seems kind of pointless from a competitive and strategic standpoint. Do what you want, i guess. Just don't do it around me!

Absolution was cast 2 times. Never exiled anything with it though.

I know 3 final payment is a lot, but with Dead Revels things went by smoothly. And that Hero of Precinct one was the real all-star of my games.

I just tried the draft... this absolutely sucks o_o

And they have ranked rewards for this? Kinda boring. Might just spam some to get rankings and free packs...but I dunno. I'd rather do a Constructed event.

MTG Arena bad:

• Drafts (just tried them, UGH)
  • No friends list
  • No chat/voice
  • No search for cards by attack/toughness

MTG Arena good:

• Time saved sleeving
  • Time saved looking for or sorting cards
  • Playing with someone at any time
  • No shuffling and tracking of the board.
  • https://www.mtgatool.com/

I'm going to get into Bo3 soon for constructed, but I like Bo1 for trying out decks.

I've sported a mono-green elf deck that has gotten me a lot of wins at the moment... I don't know which color I want to splash for Bo3s... if I even will add a splash, I either have lots of mana or a full board.

• Blue: Krasis
  • Red: Banefire
  • White: Unbreakable Formation, Knight of Autumn
  • Black: Poison-Tip Archer, The Eldest Reborn

Thing is, in mono green, Branchwood Armor is a GOD DAMN powerhouse.

If I don't splash, I have a few ideas for the main or sideboard

• Growing rites of Itlimoc x1
  • Branchwood Armor x2 (2 in maindeck)
  • Shaper's sanctuary
  • Thorn Lieutenant
  • Reclamation Sage x2 (2 in maindeck)

Live as if you would die tomorrow, learn as if you would live forever.

#1789 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,565 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:34 PM

I finally used my TappedOut.net account and added all my pauper decks, many of which need tweaking, as well as some EDH decks I've been slowly assembling and then built over the last week. My EDH cards are all in the same sleeves so a lot of the Maybeboards are cards I own and are just in a folder so I can hot-swap them. A plan for the next bit is to make a checklist so I know what I'm swapping.

All of these are what I actually have in paper, I have a bunch more pauper decks on MODO but low desire to add those since most are just piles of crap (mostly assembled from free bot stuff) I was trying to make work. Three of the pauper decks live with my pauper cube - Mono U Delver, Kuldotha Boros and Affinity - after some research and crunching on which combination of three would have the most even but fun matchups that I could fit in the box. I still need to build a WB Pestilence deck, sadly a Tron variant of some kind, probably the really annoying flicker/lock Dinrova Tron, probably TortEx and then far later if at all some combo decks like Tireless Tribe and Inside Out.

https://tappedout.net/users/MLIOOBE/

I'm now going to slowly watch a replay of today's top 8 in Pauper at GP LA at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/389754064 - commentary by LSV and Huey. Top 8 decks are:

Tron

Golgari Tortex

Mono U Faeries

Bogles

Zombie Tribal

Burn

UB Delver

UW Familiars

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#1790 Disposable Hero

Disposable Hero

Dimensional Shambling Troll / True Dew Casual

• Members
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:03 PM

LSV/Huey commentary is truly a treat. LSV is so knowledgeable and my favorite player/content producer by far.

Put some South in yer mouth.

#1791 minorfffanatic1

minorfffanatic1

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:48 AM

Since I've taken a large hiatus from this thread, I've been playing very little of Arena, and my local FNM has turned to modern a while ago. Last week I skipped for obligations, and this week I played a sealed event on Arena, then looked at the Shizz.

I had no idea until then about Daemon9623 that morning. It took reading the whole thread to go through with actually playing the prerelease.

I hadn't slept, and was sick enough to skip normal (modern) FNM. 11'o clock rolls around and I raced to the LGS. Went in as player 57 out of 58 attending.

For the first few packs it looked like I'd be playing white, I had the white god Oketra, and the wrath effect Single Combat. But looking at the rest of the pool, the support wasn't there. So I looked at black. Good kill spells, but no bodies. Then I noticed I had a LOT of proliferate and counters and planeswalkers available in Temur. This is what I played.
Temur Proliferation
Spoiler

Round 1 - I got to face the person who was directly across from me so I didn't even have to move. He went Abzan (GWB) with multiple hasty 1/1 lifelinkers and Giant Growths. Less experienced player, I tried looking at his pool and came up with a headache though. In time this set will get cracked. Right now it's an enigma to me. 1-0

Round 2 - Esper Amass - at this point I only remember walking into 1 counterspell, but other than that it was smooth sailing. 2-0

Round 3 - Jund Goodstuff - He was more removal heavy than me, handed me my first loss of the night via Nissa 3/3 forest beatdown game 2, then we ended up tying game 3. It was early enough that it was still anyone's game. A true draw. 2-0-1

Round 4 - Blue Black Amass. Game one he played the Bitterblossom, and I drew nothing but Fire (Chandra's Pyrohelix). I kept the Army from getting too big and handily won that game. Game 2 he had an aggressive draw that put me on the back foot, and I lost. Game 3 I had the perfect mana draw - of one of each land, the Beast (monkey) that puts a land in tapped, and the enchantment that gives a +1 when it comes in. Turn 3 I untapped with 4 mana sources in play. Apparently I have a big tell whenever I have a good hand and he called me out on that. Something to work on. It took a while, but I got there.

Round 5 - Bant Goodstuff. Played against a strong player who I had to play since I had a tie. The game next to us was undefeated, as was my opponent, but I already had a tie, so I had to play it out. Game one he flooded, and he got to see what my deck wad all about. He sided a few cards in and in game 2 he couldn't find a second green source, so I took the prize after fighting hard for it through some well placed removal. He even had a Plummet effect for Sarkhan. 4-0-1.

After we got paid out I kinda broke down in front of my friends about Daemon. It was a good thing though probably.

tl;dr 4-0-1, 3rd place, 15 packs. I took 6 in packs and the owner was generous enough to let me take the rest in credit.

BONUS! Contents of prize
Spoiler

Stupid public computers...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users