arise_shine

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:17 PM

One of the stores I play at made failblog:

http://failblog.org/...1/hygiene-fail/

Unfortunately, this is necessary. Also unfortunately, it's not always strictly observed.

My shitty Bandcamp

My shitty Twitch channel

"The sun has left the sky, now you can close your eyes, leave all the world behind until tomorrow." (Latimer/Bardens)

"So shall it be written, so shall it be done, came the warning from the prophet..." (Davis/Davis)

#47 EBattousai

EBattousai

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:30 AM

I finally threw out all my cards, except for a humongous stack of land. If anyone wants it, I could probably box it and ship it out to you pro bono.

Actually I shouldn't say I threw away EVERYTHING - I still have a Ron Spencer collection of cards I wish to keep and finish.

#48 BLoDdY_HaYABUSa

BLoDdY_HaYABUSa

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:18 AM

I haven't played in over 10 years.

My best cards uhhhh...

Demonic Tutors, Bad Moons, Demonic Hordes, Baron Sengir, Geven Il Vec, Royal Assassins, Sorceress Queens, The Wretcheds, Dakkon Blackblade, doomsday, kormus bell.

Wow so I was looking at the cards--some of them are 16+ years old--holy shit i'm getting old.

#49 EBattousai

EBattousai

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:44 PM

My friends and I started playing again. I turned in all my old Ravnica choice rares to the local card store for over $100 in store credit, so I don't have to pay for product for a while. My friends and I also just draft and then turn whatever is worth anything back into the store. We might make constructed decks at some point since we have a ton of Zendikar and Worldwake cards at this point, but who knows.

Right now I'm staring at the MTGO signin screen, trying to decide whether to get into it. I like MWS well enough for playing with my friends, but the enticement to play MTGO is like the enticement to play poker online. I know I'm pretty decent at the game, and it would be fun to "go infinite" and always be able to play / gain more without spending money.

#50 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,764 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:55 PM

My friends and I started playing again. I turned in all my old Ravnica choice rares to the local card store for over $100 in store credit, so I don't have to pay for product for a while. My friends and I also just draft and then turn whatever is worth anything back into the store. We might make constructed decks at some point since we have a ton of Zendikar and Worldwake cards at this point, but who knows.

Right now I'm staring at the MTGO signin screen, trying to decide whether to get into it. I like MWS well enough for playing with my friends, but the enticement to play MTGO is like the enticement to play poker online. I know I'm pretty decent at the game, and it would be fun to "go infinite" and always be able to play / gain more without spending money.

HAhahaha, oh man... I was thinking about starting up MTGO again too, recently. It was nothing more than a passing fancy, but still... I could feel the lure of "infinite" booster drafts tugging at my mind. My advice: DON'T DO IT!!!

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#51 EBattousai

EBattousai

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:33 AM

Don't worry Eric, I did my homework on this before jumping into it. I'm going to avoid the draft as I know there's nothing to be made but sadness there. Constructed's the way to go.

#52 minorfffanatic1

minorfffanatic1

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

Any major ideas for this Worldwake constructed? So far all I've got is this hilariously bad ping-er deck with things that tap to do damage and lifelink to attach to them.

The only real all star is an equipment that gives lifelink + deathtouch at the same time.
All of this to give me a SECONDARY way to use an alternate cost on a 4 dam. red instant.
Stupid public computers...

#53 arise_shine

arise_shine

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

I avoid MTGO like I avoid online gaming in general. I had a pretty nasty MUD addiction back in '94 ... not good.

I've been rockin Joraga Warcaller in my Eldrazi Elves deck, and he's a beast. Especially with multiple Oran-Rief's out. :) With a good draw, by turn 4 or 5 I can flood the board with 5/5 elves. I massively fear Volcanic Fallout and its ilk. Tuesday night I lost to a deck sporting lots of control-ish stuff, including the new red sweeper (I forget what it's called). Control is definitely coming back, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. At least I won't get my butt kicked by Putrid Leeches and Bloodbraid Elves quite as often anymore. But damn, I have no idea what to do about Abyssal Persecutor. :ph34r:

Anybody doing any Extended? I'm playing Elves this weekend, and I'm debating whether or not to conform to the orthodoxy and play Cloudstone Curio for combo madness. I kinda like the build have now, which is less reliant on any particular combo to work. But it's significantly slower. So ... I dunno. :unsure:

My shitty Bandcamp

My shitty Twitch channel

"The sun has left the sky, now you can close your eyes, leave all the world behind until tomorrow." (Latimer/Bardens)

"So shall it be written, so shall it be done, came the warning from the prophet..." (Davis/Davis)

#54 Bethamphetamine

Bethamphetamine

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:07 PM

My Brother-In-Law is currently the state champ in Ohio, and was the state champ in MA last year. He even qualified to play in Japan (free trip).
Posted Image

"IN SPACE NO ONE CAN EAT ICE CREAM!"

#55 minorfffanatic1

minorfffanatic1

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:26 PM

My Brother-In-Law is currently the state champ in Ohio, and was the state champ in MA last year. He even qualified to play in Japan (free trip).

Who is this really good player in a state bordering mine?

Oh, and for Abyssal? Vine Tendrils it when they try to kill it. Sacrificing tho- no counter in blue. Just counterspells. Windstorm for 6? on turn 5? I don't know.

Baneslayer has Pro-Demons.

#56 Bethamphetamine

Bethamphetamine

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:31 PM

Who is this really good player in a state bordering mine?

Dave Nolan :)
Posted Image

"IN SPACE NO ONE CAN EAT ICE CREAM!"

#57 minorfffanatic1

minorfffanatic1

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:34 PM

Most likely no relation to the Nolan family that lives two houses down the street from me in Mercer PA right?

#58 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:24 PM

I cast Molten Disaster on my toilet today.
Posted Image

#59 GravyBoat

GravyBoat

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

Slowly getting back in it for the third time. 1st time was Revised - Mirage and 2nd time was Mirrodin - Ravnica.

I bought a pack of Worldwake and pulled a "Jace, the Mind Sculptor" and couldn't believe how ridiculous the card is. Then I saw how much it was going for $$$$. Every set in standard has cards that are going for $30+. I'm just a little shocked that the game has more than doubled in price in the past 4 years.

#60 TrueStar

TrueStar

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:35 AM

I played a bit in high school and then again in MTGO for awhile. I almost decided to play MTGO again about a year ago, but I noticed they disabled league play. It was probably for the better. :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users