#17 DoctorShumway

DoctorShumway

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,040 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:33 PM

this thread is so white

Oh so home ownership is only for WHITE people now? Whattaracist, amirite!?

Saw two houses today in our price range. Total pieces of shit. We're screwed.
Take your time old man/These vultures are happy to wait

#18 Guest_MetalBishop_*

Guest_MetalBishop_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:59 PM

this thread is so white

Oh so home ownership is only for WHITE people now? Whattaracist, amirite!?

Saw two houses today in our price range. Total pieces of shit. We're screwed.

what do you think, round eye.

#19 DoctorShumway

DoctorShumway

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,040 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:01 AM

Well thanks for the advice everyone. Unfortunately, this whole thing isn't going to work out. Everything decent is out of our price range and it's a tall order to move and set settled before the baby comes. Time to suck it up and move in with my dad (who offered yesterday to put us up until we have a proper down payment). While it's the most fiscally responsible thing to do, it's demoralizing.
Take your time old man/These vultures are happy to wait

#20 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:22 AM

bummers, but it will work out! now you'll have extra help when the baby comes!

#21 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,129 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

bummers, but it will work out! now you'll have extra help when the baby comes!

this is the first thing i thought as well. chin up, shums! this is probably the best possible move you could make at this point - rushing into a home you may not be 100% satisfied with would be a much bigger pain in the ass than sharing scotch with your dad for a few months.
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#22 Mary

Mary

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:13 PM

When the conditions are more ripe I still think it's a great idea -- maybe this is really obvious, but a lot of us will never have the discipline and/or the $ to make serious investments in anything else for the future. If you buy a house, at least there's that money that didn't go down the toilet to the landlord and you'll have something later instead of nothing.
Love like you don't need the money, dance like you've never been hurt, and work like nobody's watching.

#23 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:37 AM

Has anyone had any experience with buying a Fannie Mae property/using Fannie May financing?

This ship will sail, This heart won't die

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#24 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:26 AM

to anyone looking at buying a home, i totally recommend Pillar to Post home inspections. they are a franchise so they are all over the country. that is who we used and they were incredibly thorough. took over 4 hours and we received a huge 40 page binder filled with info that he printed out on site, including pics. they covered everything, major to minor, down to things like "there is no door stopper behind the bathroom door in the master bath."
"Now get out. You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months. "

Posted Image

#25 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:20 AM

Has anyone had any experience with buying a Fannie Mae property/using Fannie May financing?

no but there's a house next to mine on sale from Fannie Mae, you should buy it!!!

#26 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

when getting a home inspection, and I am not sure if trees are covered under home inspection, make them look at the state of your humongous pine tree, because that shit is not cheap to remove and is going to totally change the landscape/feel of your yard and I am angry that it is dead from some weird tree disease and.....
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#27 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:30 AM

no but there's a house next to mine on sale from Fannie Mae, you should buy it!!!

I don't think I could afford your neighborhood :)

There's a townhome/condo I've had a boner for since last year. It dropped to a ludicrous low figure before going off the market. Just within the last couple weeks, it's back on the market (I think it was all a matter of going from short sale to foreclosed). The problem is, it's not an FHA approved complex, so I was going to need a conventional loan (20%-ish down). *However*, now it has a note about being a Fannie Mae property. After doing a little bit of reading, it sounds as though you can do a Fannie Mae with 3% down, but I don't really know anything about it. I've got a question out to my realtor friend to see what she says about it...

I don't know if I'll able to secure financing before it gets bought (for reals this time), but I'm trying desperately.

If I can get this place, I will cry and cry and cry.

To borrow a phrase, it's totally HOT TITS...

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#28 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:44 AM

to anyone looking at buying a home, i totally recommend Pillar to Post home inspections. they are a franchise so they are all over the country. that is who we used and they were incredibly thorough. took over 4 hours and we received a huge 40 page binder filled with info that he printed out on site, including pics. they covered everything, major to minor, down to things like "there is no door stopper behind the bathroom door in the master bath."

No door stopper?! You didn't buy that lemon, did you?!
I still don't have a signature.

#29 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

Just to provide closure in case anyone else has this question in the future:

Being a Fannie Mae property only speaks to who owns it - not any type of additional method of finaning (as their website led me to believe). It's the same old Conventional vs. FHA (vs. etc.) type of loans needed.

The end.

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#30 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

Just to provide closure in case anyone else has this question in the future:

Being a Fannie Mae property only speaks to who owns it - not any type of additional method of finaning (as their website led me to believe). It's the same old Conventional vs. FHA (vs. etc.) type of loans needed.

The end.

so why disclose it? is it supposed to be a red flag or something?
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users