91 replies to this topic

#91 Tender Lad

Tender Lad

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:29 PM

I miss the Emerald too. We (Meatwhistle) used to cover the place in beer, whipped cream, chocolate sauce & blood. Plus the stage was so small that Ron had to stand in front of my drums and I would shove a stick in his G-string-wearing ass any chance I could get.

*sigh*

I miss Meatwhistle shows more than any shows ever.
er, I guess Meatwhistle is tied with IHYWYP

Well, at least Phil will be playing this weekend.

#92 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

I missed this thread because I hadn't been on here for a loooong time.

In '99 After Any Accident got together and started playing out. I was so glad my brother finally moved here and I went to all of their shows. The low point was a "battle of the bands" at this place called The Green Room in Tempe, they played for me, a couple bartenders, and a guy me and John worked with. Oh, and a band called Temple of Hate, I still remember them saying "THIS IS NOT CHURCH. THIS IS THE GREEN ROOM! MAKE SOME FUCKING NOISE!" This was on a Sunday at noon. They had their drums encased in black cloth.

Anyway, one night AAA played Hollywood Alley and there was a band playing music that seemed oddly familiar. Turned out it was the Minibosses playing old Nintendo music. Matt ended up getting me a job and we worked together for four years.

I remember being at the Trois Pistoles house when they recorded the Trois Pistoles/AAA split and Fred, Pete, and Theo had head-high weeds in their yard. I also remember the live shows there where TP and AAA just shredded ass, so much fun. Got recordings of some of that. Passed out on the floor of the Trois Pistoles house and was relieved to wake up unmolested.

At one point in 2001 I had a couple barbecues at my place and invited Fatigo, Vin-Fiz, AAA, Trois Pistoles, and the Minibosses guys. I got drunk while cooking ribs and insulted people. Twice! Fatigo played my living room. JDLC passed out in my roommate's bed. Good times. One night me and Fred drank until 6 AM and he hopped my fence and caught a bus. I passed out cold minutes later.

Drinking with DeLaCruz almost every night in summer 2001, Ross at the Alley would feed me and give me a ton of beers for like 6 bucks because he knew I was broke.

Played with the Minibosses, along with at least a dozen other people, in 2001. Total stage fright, lame ass drumming.

Lots of fun shows at the Alley and The Lucky Dragon, saw HotFoughtCold there for the first time and compared them to Hoover (huh?).

I remember cooking at the first Shizzfest in 8/03, a buck a hot dog, and hot as living hell outside.

Met the woman I married on this very here message board in 2003. Seems like a long time ago.

Still get bombarded about the ribs when I go out. If you google me a thread about my ribs comes up. Essentially other than being a fan that's my artistic contribution to the scene. I also get a lot of shit for not going out as much when I do go out. But it's all good, and always great to see the Shizz people.

Hard to believe it's been almost a decade! Hoping for a decade more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users