34 replies to this topic

#1 President Gator

President Gator

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

So Donald & I (along w/ a lot of other people) got interviewed for this weeks New Times about our most memorable Modified Arts show. I'd love to hear other peoples stories. What's yours?
"It is cheaper than going to a movie."
www.myspace.com/presidentgator

#2 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:04 PM

i remember one time i drank some beer in the parking lot of Modified. i think some of you were there, remember that?
I still don't have a signature.

#3 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

When I saw Les Savy Fav there, I had to cut out a little early, so I went to the merch table, located over in the front room. While looking at shirts, someone puts their hand on my shoulder. It was a half naked Tim Harrington singing into a mic with a super long cord, making direct eye contact.

It initially startled the fuck out of me. In retrospect, it was rad and I still wear the shirt.

#4 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:14 PM

i remember one time i drank some beer in the parking lot of Modified. i think some of you were there, remember that?

I DO I DO!

I remember playing with Jeff Ott and Financial panther there and trying to stay to watch Jeff but he just pissed me off.

I remember playing with Swing Ding Amigos there and thinking that they were way better than the headlining band that everyone was about.

I also used to love going to see Where Eagles Dare play there and trying to not get ninja kicked in the face!

Tis where I met L-Bart and that takes the cake!

#5 negicore

negicore

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

First show I went to in AZ when I moved here in 1999 was @ Modified. I had seen the same band (Farside) in MA a month earlier and there was over 300 kids there, Modified show had like 10 or 12.
the next time the star shoots across the sky, I'm gonna grab it, and smash it, under my feet...http://djjohnnyvolume.tumblr.com/

#6 TETSUOOOO!!!

TETSUOOOO!!!

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

R.I.P. Modified Arts.

:( :( :(

I'm very grateful to say I've seen two shows at Modified and they provided some of the greatest times I've had at a venue.

#7 bisbee slim

bisbee slim

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:05 PM

i've seen so many awesome shows there, a list of favorites:

sleepytime gorilla museum
no knife
mates of state
garrett devoe
julie mary during the vagina monologues doing her bologna song
bluebird

i may have drank a beer in the parking lot once

#8 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,465 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:00 PM

Pretty much any time the Minibosses performed particularly with Totally Radd! and Mr. Pacman. That was bad ass. I was also pleasantly surprised that Origin and Abysmal Dawn were there. Always thought the venue was more for art rock and not death metal. Great shows every time I went though.

#9 The Other 49

The Other 49

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:55 PM

First time I saw Minibosses, Paper Chase, first show as The Other 49 period, and I also got to show a special screening of my short doc on voter apathy there.

RIP.

#10 thebiggameover

thebiggameover

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:45 AM

yes. well, sort of. but yea i went to too many shows there to list them all. was my fav place to see shows. RIP.......

thebiggameover.png

my twitter

mohawk babies make me insane

#11 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:48 AM

one of my favorite times was when lb called us up and was like what are you doing tonight and we were like, nothing, and she asks us if we would be interested in running the door for the show that night, and i was all, is it cool if we bring beer? and she said as long as you keep it out of site and in plastic cups, and we were like word. not sure who played.

also, that older gentleman that was at every show who moved to asia or something, he was always a great person. i am really bad with names

climbing the speakers before they tore the middle wall down to get photos of planes mistaken for stars

playing there in hfc with burke and fred doing vocals for us.

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#12 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:05 AM

The first time there I saw Le Shock along time ago and while I wasn't hyped on the tunes, the show was wild, it was when there wasn't even a proper stage and the bands played on the south wall, and I think Death of Marat played...

I really enjoyed the Lawrence Arms/Smoke or Fire show there, and I remember missing alot of good shows and thinking...dang I should have gone to that, I bet it was cool at the Modified.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#13 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:29 AM

also, that older gentleman that was at every show who moved to asia or something, he was always a great person. i am really bad with names

Joe, I believe. It's was awesome always looking in the back and seeing him staring at the ground carefully listening....

shitty is now.

#14 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,992 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:29 AM

shizzfest 2003

the ultimate show 2004

dismemberment plan's farewell tour, the audience called out which songs they should play.

traindodge and the life and times earlier this year

opening for the life and times on their first tour out this way (2003) and being so nervous my legs were shaking

AAA's cd release show 2004 with Vin Fiz, Necronauts and Minibosses

I remember being sad when Scott Tenant was leaving Modified, the last show before it changed hands was very somber if I remember correctly. Pretty much everyone thought it wasn't going to be as good. Turns out it was just as good, if not better. ;)

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#15 Tender Lad

Tender Lad

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:59 AM

One of the best shows we had with Meatwhistle was at Modified. Cutthroat freakshow was doing a flesh tug of war and people were getting naked and bloody. I think It was a Budget Sinatra show and I remember seeing Ben leave the building when the hooks went in the girl's backs, he looked like he was going to puke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users