270 replies to this topic

#241 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

If any of you guys remember Beartank, that little green bear you could turn into in Castlevania: Circle of Moon, that's the game he comes from. I still need to pick up Rakuga Kids myself. There's actually an English version available in Europe, but for those of us in NTSC countries, it makes lot more sense to just get the Japanese version, I think.

amTr0fm.png

#242 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,654 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

If any of you guys remember Beartank, that little green bear you could turn into in Castlevania: Circle of Moon, that's the game he comes from. I still need to pick up Rakuga Kids myself. There's actually an English version available in Europe, but for those of us in NTSC countries, it makes lot more sense to just get the Japanese version, I think.

Yeah, I read that about Beartank, and I was like "Wait, did I ever do that in CotM?". Now I have to dig out my GBA and check it out, because it sounds pretty hilarious.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#243 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

2 of my sisters came over last night and we ended up playing a bunch of N64. I can't believe how bad all of the 4 player splitscreen games are due to the incredibly limited draw distance. How the hell did we get so much fun out of these games as kids?! We ended up playing a shit ton of Mario Tennis which is still a great game.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#244 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,433 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:36 PM

So can someone explain how n64 emulation works? Do you still need multiple emulators or can you just go with one now? What should I be downloading?

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me @LowPursuit and @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Everywhere else

#245 Ranger

Ranger

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:49 AM

Last I checked, as far as Windows goes, there's only one that you want: Project64.  Most of the 1st party titles work out of the box.  Mario 64, Star Fox, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Zelda, Kirby, F-Zero, Mario Party, etc.  You might need to download additional plugins for video and/or sound to get some games working.  And a lot of popular third party titles just don't work at all.  N64 is not an easy console to emulate apparently.

#246 C.C. Z28

C.C. Z28

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:13 PM

It's been 22 years. NES emulation was pretty much perfect by 2002 (with nobody trying until the mid-90s). SNES was done at the same time. PS1 was good by 2002 or earlier as well (remember Bleem?). Clearly it is a very difficult system to emulate at least with multi-game compatibility. Sure the e-Shop had N64 games, but each game had an emulator which may or may not resemble another's.

You will control a battletoad

#247 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,200 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

So the N64 is getting a brand new physical release with 40 Winks, which was originally supposed to come out in the console's life cycle but was cancelled. 40 Winks was released on the Playstation.

https://www.kickstar...intendo-64-game

#248 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,573 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

So the N64 is getting a brand new physical release with 40 Winks, which was originally supposed to come out in the console's life cycle but was cancelled. 40 Winks was released on the Playstation.

Hooray! Now everyone can relive the awful, hideous collectathons of early 3D gaming in a new package! Strap in, Banjo Kazooie fans.

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#249 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

Yay opinions!

But yeah, meh, wake me up when they release Dinosaur Planet...
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#250 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,200 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

Hooray! Now everyone can relive the awful, hideous collectathons of early 3D gaming in a new package! Strap in, Banjo Kazooie fans.

Man, you should come over to my place so that we can play games and by which I mean I'll just strap you in and force you to play N64 games.

And if we're asking for cancelled games to be released, Earthbound 64 please!

#251 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:42 PM

And if we're asking for cancelled games to be released, Earthbound 64 please!

I thought about this one but... dunno, judging from the videos they released, it doesn't seem like they had much of the game done? And we got the game for GBA anyway...
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#252 Tina

Tina

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

There are so many canned N64 games I'd love to play, though 40 Winks ain't one of them. But Earthbound 64, Fire Emblem 64, Super Mario 64 2, Oriental Blue, Ghosts 'n' Goblins 64, 64 Wars, Jungle Emperor Leo....now those would be awesome, if they were at a finished, playable state, that is.

#253 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,573 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:32 AM

There are so many canned N64 games I'd love to play, though 40 Winks ain't one of them. But Earthbound 64, Fire Emblem 64, Super Mario 64 2, Oriental Blue, Ghosts 'n' Goblins 64, 64 Wars, Jungle Emperor Leo....now those would be awesome, if they were at a finished, playable state, that is.

See, those sound like fun. This sounds like that time I played Glover for 10 minutes and wanted to take it out back and shoot it.

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#254 C.C. Z28

C.C. Z28

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:52 AM

You have to keep that controls reference card that came with the game next to you at all times when playing Glover.

You will control a battletoad

#255 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,433 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:49 AM

tumblr_pedyh6IFpt1rr30yro1_1280.png

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me @LowPursuit and @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Everywhere else

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users