3245 replies to this topic

#2836 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,894 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:12 AM

Currently playing through Aria of Sorrow via my Retropie. I played/beat this around the time it came out, so I figured it would be a good time to revisit it. Oh boy, is it not very hard. The bosses, so far, have been laughably easy. Gonna blast through this and maybe give Circle of the Moon a shot. 

UH OH. Death took me a total of THREE tries*. Difficulty really ramping up here. 

* - due to my sloppy playing 

Finished it last night with the proper ending. That took me a few tries to figure out what it was I was doing to get the "bad" ending, and eventually had to look up a walk-through, since the game tends to be a little on the obtuse side on a couple things.  

Talk about a disappointing boss battle. -- The final two bosses, both of whom have two forms, are just so laughably easy. As long as you keep a full stock of potions and hi-potions, you can play VERY sloppy and still get by. 

I'm going to give Circle of the Moon a shot soon, but I think I'm going to try to read a book first. 

toopunk2lose.png

#2837 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,894 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:55 AM

Whooo boy. Did a lil CoM this weekend, and I gotta say, I am not enjoying it as much as Aria. The castle design leaves a lot to be desired. It's very sprawling with lots of redundant areas. Still going to do my due diligence and finish it, and then move on to Harmony afterwards. 

toopunk2lose.png

#2838 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,894 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

About 60% through, and just beat Death, who looks like a fuckin' dork. I don't think I could have gotten this far w/out save states helping me get through it. These boss fights are very hard, and definitely more satisfying than Aria's. 

toopunk2lose.png

#2839 Tina

Tina

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:22 AM

CoM Death always makes me think of Ed Asner.

#2840 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png
PC Game Metal

#2841 evilsonic

evilsonic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

I used to dream about Castlevania, but in a super weird way:
-In one dream, I was playing the cello backstage during a play, but it was the title song for Castlevania 4.
-Another time, I literally dreamt a Funky Winkerbean comic that made some pun about Clockwork.
-Finally, I had a nightmare that took place in an unfamiliar setting. The next day, I bought CV64and played it for the first time, and level one was EXACTLY the place from my nightmare.
Remember... No matter where you go... there you are.
-Buckaroo Banzai Adventures Across the Eighth Dimension

Posted Image

#2842 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,674 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:11 AM

I used to dream about Castlevania, but in a super weird way:
-In one dream, I was playing the cello backstage during a play, but it was the title song for Castlevania 4.
-Another time, I literally dreamt a Funky Winkerbean comic that made some pun about Clockwork.
-Finally, I had a nightmare that took place in an unfamiliar setting. The next day, I bought CV64and played it for the first time, and level one was EXACTLY the place from my nightmare.

Oh, so it's you we have to blame for CV64's lukewarm success? Thanks jerk. Didja dream about motorcycle skeletons too?

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#2843 evilsonic

evilsonic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

I’ve dreamt about Velociraptors on motorcycles and a T Rex with shoulder-mounted rocket launchers and laser eyes.

Posted Image

#2844 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,935 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:23 AM

amTr0fm.png

#2845 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,674 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:21 PM

I’ve dreamt about Velociraptors on motorcycles and a T Rex with shoulder-mounted rocket launchers and laser eyes.

I'm definitely interested in option B.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#2846 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,542 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:49 PM

I'm definitely interested in option B.

Take it to the Dream thread.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#2847 evilsonic

evilsonic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:59 PM

I could say the same for your signature.

I remember there being a hard rock cover of Super CV IV, but I don’t remember who did it. There was a flash animation DoD thing... Does anyone know what I’m talking about? Or is this something else Castlevania-related that my unconscious mind imagined.

Posted Image

#2848 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:27 PM

There's the stuff from the Dracula Battle albums. Maybe those?

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

sig_2.png

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#2849 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,542 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:54 PM

No, it was Eric’s Little Shack’s CVIV cover. Dunno if I have the flash animation anymore but click the gif in my signature and it might be there.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#2850 evilsonic

evilsonic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:57 PM

No, it was Eric’s Little Shack’s CVIV cover. Dunno if I have the flash animation anymore but click the gif in my signature and it might be there.

Signature saves the day!

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users